Preview Update openbor6.2 BONUS!!! Mortal Kombat 4 games FMV menu CDDA

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Preview Update openbor6.2 BONUS!!! Mortal Kombat 4 games FMV menu CDDA

Post#1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:32 am

Here is a preview of upcoming openbor update
Loader now has full 16.9 30fp HQ 2000bit rate video Full CDDA HQ audio Highest audio and bit rate video seen on dreamcast has to be seen to be believe please try it :) Works perfect on nulldc and riecast not redream
OenBor mod menu now you dont have to have pak's on root and pak folder just a dummy pak file and txt file with same name saves on space
This included 4 of the best Mortal kombat bor mods
Bormod loader includes whole music video of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (Music Video) 16.9 widescreen Fullspeed and sound :)
fmv.png

mku.png

All games are complete finshed games
Mortal Kombate adventure
Mav.png

MortalKombateadv.png

mkoa2.png

mkoa.png

So update preview new FMV borloader and saved space per disk with openbor menu rename a txt file same as pak on root put in pak folder it will show up and work in the menu bug before had to have the whole pak in both the root and the pak folder solved
So make a new txt file copy same name as pak to the filename rename it pak place it in the pak folder saves the same space as puting the real pak 100% space improvement for MENU BOR CDS
Ripp this CDI you can see the files and how the work.. you will be able to rip the intros all those GIF and OGGS out of openbor games make the videos for the FMV loader when you press start it instantly loads openbor By removing intros and oggs puting them as FMV and CDDA it allows the openbor game to be smaller.. You need to edit each game.. Ive given you a loader that can do fullvideo and audio before you main game start it's not part of openbor it loads openbor after you press start freeing all memory leaving openbor clean
Hope you enjoy before you ask yes the FMV loader can be used for music videos and maybe later a full mediaplayer

With the real release i will make this more clear i hope lol Not all there a lot more keeping that to me for now lol
Real release has a lot more to offer thats in about 2 weeks i thought might as well let you guys see some progress

PAK folder with RENAMED TXT FILES AS PAK in PAK FOLDER
GAMES with the same name REAL PAK FILES go on ROOT
Dummy.png

GAMES with the same name REAL PAK FILES go on ROOT
REAL.png

Full selfboot CDI with CDDA Link packed with winrar
https://mega.nz/#!q3ZCyQ4T!1AUUlzha0s75 ... 9uTOFXBKw8

Well thats it for now please test it :)

PS this loading in the future can be used for all homebrew apps to have full HQ video and audio intros again this is a preview It's seemless and can be used before any game emulator or anything you care to use it for.. if this was used in openbor main program it include a bunch of bloat that would make the main bin much larger stopping you loading games.. Since it loads first and free's memoy there's no impact :) Ian you say Open bor take a while to load up well change the openbor game to just have a loading at the start and a main menu this works pretty much perfect brings real class to it if used correct fmv is held till you press start.. I could also map all the other dreamcast buttons to custom content first before loading your bor game like maps artwork etc etc

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Preview Update openbor6.2 BONUS!!! Mortal Kombat 4 games FMV menu CDDA

Post#3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:33 am

the fmv quality looks amazing

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37 am

Can be even better this is off an old youtube video I upsampled to 2000bitrate if you start with better src it can look much better.. audio is cd 44kz video can run fullspeed while the audio put's no strain on the dreamcast
this can be used at the start to run any dreamcast 1ST_read.bin unscramble bin
the video is mpeg with no audio
audio is the highest the dreamcast can do
I will go into more detail when i release a real finshed version this is wip i wanted to share

Notice nulldc stays at 60fps while playing the video and audio :) I'm pretty happy with it Need to put the polish on lol
when i start playing the game in game footage it's super fast smooth much better then 6.1 teaser lol

Main thing why this could not be a media player as you could only get about 20 or 30 mins max from a cdr but intro's and menus you dont need that..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:19 am

Please someone test this on GDEMU im using kos CDDA code and spindown commands I hope a GDEMU can cope with it.. I have had it tests on real hardware and it works a bit better then on nulldc.. I have idea's of QTE FMV games timing needs to work

Really want to know if this is worth making a version for the gdemu with a 4gig file limt you could get a lot of video audio not so much on a cdr

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#6 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Please someone test this on GDEMU im using kos CDDA code and spindown commands I hope a GDEMU can cope with it.. I have had it tests on real hardware and it works a bit better then on nulldc.. I have idea's of QTE FMV games timing needs to work

Really want to know if this is worth making a version for the gdemu with a 4gig file limt you could get a lot of video audio not so much on a cdr

Tested on GDEMU, work fine, FMV without sound.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 pm

Ivan GR wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Please someone test this on GDEMU im using kos CDDA code and spindown commands I hope a GDEMU can cope with it.. I have had it tests on real hardware and it works a bit better then on nulldc.. I have idea's of QTE FMV games timing needs to work

Tested on GDEMU, work fine, FMV without sound.

Strange the CDDA code is straight from kos examples i wonder why GDEMU has such bad compatibility with kos cdda code? i cant find an anwser any were..

Thank you IvanGR now i now this only works on a real GDrom only limts the idea i had for GDEMU users

CDDA code i have used is direct from the kos examples

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Tested on GDemu Clone 5.15 2018-10-10. Fmv looks great, no sound in FMV, music in game.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:51 pm

deluxux wrote:Tested on GDemu Clone 5.15 2018-10-10. Fmv looks great, no sound in FMV, music in game.

Yes but why does cdda kos code not work on GDEMU try it on nulldc to see the music or watch my crap video up there sideways lol

I might have some clue DEMUL and Redream does not play the audio as well
But NUlldc and reicast do HMMMm

now it get's interesting this why i need people to test things.. thank you man

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:07 pm