Malice: 23rd Century full TC Game Fixed Full cd audio and speech

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Malice: 23rd Century full TC Game Fixed Full cd audio and speech

Post#11 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:16 am

Anthony817 wrote:Mh, yeah hopefully you can get one sometime. They were listed for $45 today on reddit I saw.

https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/GDEM ... _new_app=y

Could you try the CDI non CDDA version
https://mega.nz/#!SyQEkAza!hMAJWgSqI5Tm ... Fj5vH0Xa-c

See if that crashes the GDEMU

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:33 am

Unfortunately same issue. Crashing when it says Version 1.09 Server (29818 CRC)...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:46 am

Well i guess it's not the cd audio Been talking to mrneo240 might have this worked out.. Does the standard quake
https://mega.nz/#!qqQxmIwY!_5ARY-WQSZmJ ... PC1VOrnIJM with cd audio
https://mega.nz/#!e3IyxQyC!hPGxqaYvKgmM ... lafgy3ZIzM without cd audio

Do these also crash on gdemu check your pm soon

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:11 am

Both work, but neither version has CD audio working oddly enough. I also seen the video you sent me showing it working in the PM.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:18 am

You know i have been told how to make a cdi that has cd audio that might fix that .. Still work todo.. back in the day i did not have to worry about GDEMU's hehe

I get this working in time.. Thank you for testing The cd audio is just sound ambience but for the main menu
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:27 am

No problem! I was meaning to test this since you posted the first version of the mod but been super preoccupied with playing Bleem with updated and remapped controls with GDEMU.

Now that you got this running pretty well, makes me wonder how possible an updated port of Bero's Duke Nukem 3D is? I know that had some issues due to memory limitations, but somebody said there was something called Chocolate Duke that was made for running on lower specced machines.

Also, did you ever get his port of Hexen 2 working on the DC? A few of us here tried getting it working back in the day and it was really glitchy.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:31 am

Anthony817 wrote:No problem! I was meaning to test this since you posted the first version of the mod but been super preoccupied with playing Bleem with updated and remapped controls with GDEMU.

Now that you got this running pretty well, makes me wonder how possible an updated port of Bero's Duke Nukem 3D is? I know that had some issues due to memory limitations, but somebody said there was something called Chocolate Duke that was made for running on lower specced machines.

Also, did you ever get his port of Hexen 2 working on the DC? A few of us here tried getting it working back in the day and it was really glitchy.

Yes i have got Hexen 2 working .. You see you have to install and run the game first on a pc to genrate the GL files. must be the first version only not the later version it works very well.. I did not know people did not have it working..

Key is the right version and running it first on pc before you copy the files over or it be glitched out

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:45 am

Well I'll be damned! That would be a great game to have a full working version of on the DC! See how invaluable you are to the community? Without you bringing this point up nobody would have ever known this! Damn that is such a great game we have been missing out on! ;)

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#19 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:02 am

Considering how much you Ian is doing for the community, is there anything one can do to show appreciation ? You have like a patreon account or something ?

Same goes for the other ppl here like for example megavolt ofc :)

ac3t1ne
rebel

Post#20 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:42 am

Is there a working version of this? It's crashing on my pal dreamcast and my ntsc u one at the version 1.09... bit too.

I played this game all the way through on a pentium 1 as a kid and loved it so I'm really keen to see it work!