Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Robfozz
rebel

Post#1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Last edited by Robfozz on Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pepperonium

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Rent A Hero No. 1: Potential for swapping files with the English XBox version?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Someone did try this about 10 years ago. The issue they ran into was something about changing the text on the Dreamcast side to English...or at least this is how I remember it.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Robfozz
rebel

Post#3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Last edited by Robfozz on Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pepperonium

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Rent A Hero No. 1: Potential for swapping files with the English XBox version?

Post#4 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:16 am

Robfozz wrote:Ive looked at all the game files to the best of my ability between the two games and they're the same.

Not sure where you got that idea. I had a look at the files from both and they're completely different. I can't even find a single file that's the same. The game's dialog in the Dreamcast version is stored in 14 .MES (STORYXX.MES) files in the DATA/TEXT directory. These files don't exist in the XBOX version. I tried to find where the dialog is stored but I wasn't able to find any files with plain English text.

As Bob said, this has been attempted before without success. I'm sure it's a lot more involved than just replacing a few files. It definitely seems like they made a lot of changes for the XBOX version.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: [$50 Bounty] Rent A Hero No. 1: Potential for swapping files with the English XBox version?

Post#5 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:23 pm

fyi.. you spelled $5,000 wrong...

Return to “Modifications”