[WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Br4mb0
rebel

Re: [WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition

Post#61 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey Moi nice to see you !
Can you upload a ntsc version of the mod?
I think that you should give a name to the mod like Monaco-v2018 or something like this...

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#62 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Br4mb0 wrote:Hey Moi nice to see you !
Can you upload a ntsc version of the mod?
I think that you should give a name to the mod like Monaco-v2018 or something like this...

I'm pretty sure the pal version was the only one with online play.

I think the actual game is Monaco Grand Pris Racing Simulator 2 online edition.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#63 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm

You are 100% correct.

moi
blackout!

Post#64 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Hey guys! Does anyone know where to get dummied SFD video files? I'm looking for smallest possible SFDs in order to swap them with those FMVs that are being shown for taking one the first 3 places in online races and therefore wasting time before loading the lobby...

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#65 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm

moi wrote:Hey guys! Does anyone know where to get dummied SFD video files? I'm looking for smallest possible SFDs in order to swap them with those FMVs that are being shown for taking one the first 3 places in online races and therefore wasting time before loading the lobby...

I made some that are quite tiny. 100kb i think? You interested, also I could show you how I made them if you'd like.

moi
blackout!

Post#66 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
moi wrote:Hey guys! Does anyone know where to get dummied SFD video files? I'm looking for smallest possible SFDs in order to swap them with those FMVs that are being shown for taking one the first 3 places in online races and therefore wasting time before loading the lobby...

I made some that are quite tiny. 100kb i think? You interested, also I could show you how I made them if you'd like.

That'd be nice! I was going to create a short mpg and to convert it to SFD first but figured that somebody would have a solution for that already :D

Could you upload one SFD with sound and one without sound? 100kb sounds good. The smallest ones that come with stock monaco are around 400kb and run for 4 seconds.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#67 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm

I can, just need a little time then. Im about to have dinner

What sound do you want? Silence?

Do you mean one with an audio track and one without?

Also, in dummying stuff and generally hacking around with Dreamcast games I've found most don't even blink if the file is deleted.

Technical:
Most Dreamcast games use the same common code for certain actions which is hugely helpful in either exploiting it, reversing it, or just learning tips for repacking things.

moi
blackout!

Post#68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm

mrneo240 wrote:I can, just need a little time then. Im about to have dinner

What sound do you want? Silence?

Do you mean one with an audio track and one without?

Also, in dummying stuff and generally hacking around with Dreamcast games I've found most don't even blink if the file is deleted.

Technical:
Most Dreamcast games use the same common code for certain actions which is hugely helpful in either exploiting it, reversing it, or just learning tips for repacking things.

No hurry, man! It's just an idea I got after seeing mistamontie skipping congratulations videos by rapidly pushing buttons on the controller in his last Monaco video :D

As for sound, silence would be best option.
Putting empty files unfortunately makes Monaco's video player freeze until you press a button.
Also there are SFD and SFV files used by the game wich are probably plain video and video+sound files, that's why I'm asking for both.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

maybe try these?

I made them a little smaller than the original tested one, good luck to you! the ones labeled BLANK are new and untested. out_2.sfd is tested and used in a couple releases we made.

BLANK - 12kb
BLANK w/Audio - 72kb
out_2 - 138kb

edit: so as it may appear that BLANK doesnt include actual video, i promise it does.
2018-01-11 18_38_10-[WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition - Page 7 - .png
2018-01-11 18_38_10-[WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition - Page 7 - .png (8.84 KiB) Viewed 7795 times
Attachments
in_.zip
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

moi
blackout!

Post#70 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Thanks mrneo240! Much appreciated!
The game seems to prefer the one with sound track. Works like a charm!
I might be swapping the black screen with a logo in the final release. Glad to see this idea is possible!

I'm gonna post an updated GDI tomorrow. Added some WIP screenshots to the first post meanwhile.