Mystery Dungeon: Shiren Gaiden Asuka Kenzan - English Translation

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

offalynne
noob

Re: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren Gaiden Asuka Kenzan - English Translation

Post#21 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:29 pm

Curious if..

1. Any GD-ROM -> CDI wizards are able to get the original, the demo release (and eventually the final release presumably) down to CDR size ? The patched GDI demo release is 401 MB 7z'd and 1.133 GB unpacked.

2. Anyone has tested (the original and the demo) performance of this with DreamShell and Serial Port SD Card Adapter ?

Eager to play on HW but I'm relatively unfamiliar with the DC scene and ODEs are too spendy/labour intensive for me, at the moment :-}

sharksnack
shadow

Post#22 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:31 pm

Just want to give this topic a bump to say that I'm back from my break after releasing the demo, and am working on the remaining dialogue now. (I've actually been at it for the past 3 weeks, and just reached 25.1% completion for DATASCR.BIN - the main story file)

It's still going to take a very long time to finish the translation, but mostly wanted to reassure people that I'll see it through to completion since I've been a little quiet about it.

That said, I still don't know how to deal with this game's compressed textures (title screen, area transition screens), so any help in that area would be very much appreciated.

yzb
Developer

Post#23 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:53 am

sharksnack wrote:Just want to give this topic a bump to say that I'm back from my break after releasing the demo, and am working on the remaining dialogue now. (I've actually been at it for the past 3 weeks, and just reached 25.1% completion for DATASCR.BIN - the main story file)

It's still going to take a very long time to finish the translation, but mostly wanted to reassure people that I'll see it through to completion since I've been a little quiet about it.

That said, I still don't know how to deal with this game's compressed textures (title screen, area transition screens), so any help in that area would be very much appreciated.

The game's decompression function entry is at 8C051816, r4 is the compressed data address,

The actual decompression function is in 8C013768, r5 is the compression address, and r4 is the decompression address.

good luck~

ps:I once made a complete cdi image of this game, without deleting anything, just compressing the game data, 700mb
https://game.sgcn.games/go.html?u=3b110 ... ebaa3516dc

FUSHIGI_NO_DUNGEON_HACK_J_BY_YZB_V1.rar

This website requires registration. Of course, you can also search elsewhere based on the file name to see if you can find it.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#24 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:55 am

Oh many thanks to post here dear @yzb :)

sharksnack
shadow

Post#25 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:19 pm

yzb wrote:
The game's decompression function entry is at 8C051816, r4 is the compressed data address,
The actual decompression function is in 8C013768, r5 is the compression address, and r4 is the decompression address.

good luck~

ps:I once made a complete cdi image of this game, without deleting anything, just compressing the game data, 700mb

This website requires registration. Of course, you can also search elsewhere based on the file name to see if you can find it.

Thanks for the tips, yzb! I personally specialize more on the translation side of things and am not much of a hacker, so I'm not sure I can figure out compression/decompression tools based on the information you shared.

Would you be interested in working together on this project by sharing your compression tools? I'd be glad to share my python scripts for text extraction/insertion + any notes I have as thanks, which might be helpful if you wanted to create a Chinese translation for the game.

yzb
Developer

Post#26 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:42 am

sharksnack wrote:
yzb wrote:

good luck~

Thanks for the tips, yzb! I personally specialize more on the translation side of things and am not much of a hacker, so I'm not sure I can figure out compression/decompression tools based on the information you shared.

Would you be interested in working together on this project by sharing your compression tools? I'd be glad to share my python scripts for text extraction/insertion + any notes I have as thanks, which might be helpful if you wanted to create a Chinese translation for the game.

After you finish all the text translation, if you still have not solved the problem by then, you can text me in the forum, I will help you

sharksnack
shadow

Post#27 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:50 pm

Thank you so much, yzb! I'll work hard to finish the full translation!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#28 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Thank you very much @yzb :)

cicadas
rebel

Post#29 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm

thank you!

i went ahead and re-uploaded this .cdi to MEGA if that's ok (the japanese version, not the english demo).

FUSHIGI_NO_DUNGEON_HACK_J_BY_YZB_V1.rar (.cdi)
[520.4 MB packed, 767.0 MB unpacked]

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/tCRU1JBZ#aCKAfDFSx0l5pxtJCpDINzb4n_UMkno5uvRDQh8ogNE