[request] Remove checks for DreamMovie VCD player?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: [request] Remove checks for DreamMovie VCD player?

Post#91 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:26 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:Thanks for looking into this! Does that mean it's not possible to remove the checks?

nothing is impossible, I just don't have much free time to do it right now

No problem, I understand :)
aka DavidHK on DC games.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#92 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am

DreamMovie in BIN/CUE format for preservation purposes.

Also, fresh CDI made with Discjuggler 6.

BIN/CUE is NOT selfboot burnable or mountable, but runs under demul and can be viewed/extracted by Isobuster.

CDI is fully supported.
Attachments
DCVCD5 - CDI.7z
DreamMovie CDI
(16.45 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
DCVCD5 (BIN-CUE).7z
DreamMovie BIN/CUE
(16.45 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

megavolt85
Developer

Post#93 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:40 pm

MoeFoh wrote:DreamMovie in BIN/CUE format for preservation purposes:

BIN / CUE is completely unsuitable for storing DreamCast images, because it does not describe a multisession

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#94 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:41 pm

megavolt85 wrote:

BIN / CUE is completely unsuitable for storing DreamCast images, because it does not describe a multisession

Since when? REDUMP format is BIN/CUE. Some ODE's support BIN/CUE. Try it, it runs under demul. I made it from the CD, not the image, using Imgburn. Isobuster shows 2 sessions. :?:
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#95 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:09 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:

Since when? REDUMP format is BIN/CUE. Some ODE's support BIN/CUE. Try it, it runs under demul. I made it from the CD, not the image, using Imgburn. Isobuster shows 2 sessions. :?:

Redump uses CUE/BIN to store and describe GD-ROMs, not CD-ROMs in multi-session MIL-CD format. DreamMovie was not a GD-ROM. GD-ROMs aren't multi-session, but instead contain three separate areas with three separate TOCs (commonly termed single-density area, logo area, and high-density area).

EDIT: Looking at your CUE...

Code: Select all

FILE "DCVCD5.BIN" BINARY
REM SESSION 01
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
  REM LEAD-OUT 01:45:11
REM SESSION 02
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 01 04:17:11

...I do see the two sessions, but I don't know enough about sessions in CUE sheets to say whether or not burning your CUE/BIN pair would actually result in a bootable disc on hardware.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#96 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:26 pm

ateam wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:

Redump uses CUE/BIN to store and describe GD-ROMs, not CD-ROMs in multi-session MIL-CD format. DreamMovie was not a GD-ROM. GD-ROMs aren't multi-session, but instead contain three separate areas with three separate TOCs (commonly termed single-density area, logo area, and high-density area).

EDIT: Looking at your CUE...

FILE "DCVCD5.BIN" BINARY
REM SESSION 01
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
  REM LEAD-OUT 01:45:11
REM SESSION 02
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 01 04:17:11

...I do see the two sessions, but I don't know enough about sessions in CUE sheets to say whether or not burning your CUE/BIN pair would actually result in a bootable disc on hardware.

REDUMP = no MIL-CD
Then explain FX Unit Yuki (JoshProd)
https://videogamesnewyork.com/fx-unit-y ... dreamcast/
https://archive.org/download/redump.sega_dreamcast

Right, the burning part I never tested, I was wondering about that myself.
My post did say for preservation purposes.

Hey, derek, what up?
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Charles Bukowski

megavolt85
Developer

Post#97 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:21 am

REM SESSION 01
REM - remark

The main part of the programs when processing the CUE file seeing the REM string misses it.
Yes, in some programs, supported by an extended set was added, but it would rather exception than the rule
You can try to mount your image in Daemon Tools and you will see that your image is not working.
Redump is the worst sample to follow, their images are just terrible

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#98 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:27 am

megavolt85 wrote:REM SESSION 01
REM - remark

The main part of the programs when processing the CUE file seeing the REM string misses it.
Yes, in some programs, supported by an extended set was added, but it would rather exception than the rule
You can try to mount your image in Daemon Tools and you will see that your image is not working.
Redump is the worst sample to follow, their images are just terrible

Updated post. Thanks.
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#99 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:48 am

Called block 1 and 2 and block 3

GD-ROM structureThe disc is structurally divided into three blocks.The innermost area is called the compact area, where data and CDDA are stored in a format that conforms to the general CD-ROM standard.Can be done.Of course, you can browse this area on your CD player or computer.This area is only about 4 minutes, so for example"This disc is a game disc for Sega Dreamcast. It does not play because it contains game data.Please. "It is expected that you will put in a message like that used in SATURN.Also, you cannot access this area from the Dreamcast software.The next area is a dense area,You can store game data, programs, CD-DA data (used in the game), etc. here.Congested area High density areaFigure
Attachments
gdrom_speed.png

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#100 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:41 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Called block 1 and 2 and block 3

GD-ROM structureThe disc is structurally divided into three blocks.The innermost area is called the compact area, where data and CDDA are stored in a format that conforms to the general CD-ROM standard.Can be done.Of course, you can browse this area on your CD player or computer.This area is only about 4 minutes, so for example"This disc is a game disc for Sega Dreamcast. It does not play because it contains game data.Please. "It is expected that you will put in a message like that used in SATURN.Also, you cannot access this area from the Dreamcast software.The next area is a dense area,You can store game data, programs, CD-DA data (used in the game), etc. here.Congested area High density areaFigure

This PDF has the technical info:
Attachments
Dreamcast GD-ROM Specifications from SEGA.zip
GD-ROM Specs
(986.43 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
- Charles Bukowski