Super Street Fighter II X Remix champion edition.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Re: Super Street Fighter II X Remix champion edition.

Post#11 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Clearly we will also have to take into account the names of the participants that I have in the version where I will take the music and adapt it according to different names ...

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#12 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:52 am

Well I was a little cracked by recovering the audio files of the game since there are not 28 files but 71 :)
It's already a little more coherent. It allows to have a sound file for each fighter during the match and a sound file when we manage to finish the story with each different fighter. I hope to be able to offer you a version in a few days ;)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:57 pm

So essentially the OP wants CPS1 audio renditions as opposed to the CPS2 audio OST that SSFIIX uses. I don't blame him lol! It would be a nice alternative.
Only issue being that the 4 new challengers (Hawk, Cam, Fei, Dee) and Akuma did not exist in any CPS1 production of SFII. Not to mention new ending tracks for the 4 Bosses that were originally made for SSFII (predecessor to SSFIIX and the first CPS2 game in the series).
Luckily Capcom took it upon themselves to make a complete CPS1 audio OST for the console Version of Hyper Street Fighter II which itself is something of an update to SF IIX. So in essence, you would need to extract every CPS1 track available on this playlist and compress it to fit into an ISO. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... HvjJRz-gFi
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#14 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Thanks for your help ;)

I was not at all on it. I had taken the music on this site :

https://www.zophar.net/music/nintendo-s ... hallengers

This is the music for Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers in SNES version.
I have no idea if aldair was on this ?

on the other hand on SSF2X I have 3 times 17 music for each fighter. They all end with the same name but all start differently.

For example for Ken I have:

A_KEN_11.ADX
E_KEN_21.ADX
S_KEN_01.ADX

By deduction I found that those who start with an 'E' are the Ending.

For the other 2 I do not see too much ???

There is certainly one for music in combat (I have to listen to see which one and especially also find the correspondence with the music of the SNES version that I want to replace).

The other maybe in story mode ?

Edit : So those who start with an 'S' would be Story mode ?

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 pm

My guess is as good as any. But I see that you are using the OST for SNES version of SSFII which was composed specifically to utilize SNES sound chip hardware since translating the the original arcade OST's were simply out of the question given sound and memory limitations on home platforms.

In Arcade versions of every single SFII arcade release, every character has two stage tracks, the usual theme rendition as well as "near KO theme" which was essentially a reloop of its complimentary track which would quickly replace the original stage theme as soon as you or the opponent was near Knock Out. This reloop track does not exist in cart based home translation of a SFII game, again perhaps due to memory limitations. As a workaround to this, these versions take the original character stage track and simply speeds it up to give off a similar affect.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:45 pm

So for example...
Let take Cammy. Her stage theme would be:
https://youtu.be/PTGcFdu-G7c

And her reloop "Near KO" stage theme which activates only after near death of a 2nd 3rd and Final Round would be:
https://youtu.be/1Qc0g6a6wB4

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#17 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 am

So if I understood correctly I just have to listen to find out which one has the fastest music and I will have my near KO between A_ and S_?
So it's not really the ideal music that I took?
So I'm going to look at the one you proposed to me above and try to dissociate each music.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#18 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 am

I found this link which offers all the OST of Hyper Street Fighter 2. Is it good for you?
the interest is that all the music is well separated so less work for me ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEYn-I ... uDQs174iXW

Edit : By cons that 22 music, I will miss it full ...

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#19 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:55 am

The problem with the youtube link you gave me is that each music lasts 30 minutes. We will have to reduce them all.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#20 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:18 am

I found this link with a lot of music (there are the ending and the 2 music in combat):

https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/street-f ... -cp-system

what do you think ?

A dozen fighters are missing however

Edit : I will try to make a mix of all this ;)