[WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: [WIP][release][pre-alpha]Modded Monaco RS2 Online Dreamshell Edition

Post#71 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Just to add some more info:

Someone asked for an ntsc release, I started to look in to it and posts and research were made. So far, I have been unable to get anything working on that front, I have however made a tiny bit of progress, I identified parts of the binary that are responsible for setting video modes (signature, and also tracing through assembly)

All of my rough attempts resulted in not working:

Game/console freezes instantly
Game runs unaffected
Game runs until video plays at which point it freezes
Game runs but has no video output but otherwise is fine

I tried, but im super super unskilled with SH4 assembly. Plus the tools were mostly pen+paper, some Dreamcast docs, and an instruction table for sh4 CPUs. Maybe, in the far future or if I suddenly find a lot of time to get a better grasp, but as it stands I cannot do it.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#72 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Cool! maybe you could make a edition with all the music (Which in my opinion is forgettable) and replace it with some classic Sega racing music? Stuff like Daytona 1 & 2. Sega rally, MSR, F355, Outrun 2 ect. Just imagine while racing online singing "LETS GO AWAY, LETS GO AWAY"

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#73 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm

.. is there some way I can grab the musics from the GDI ? l0l

I took your advice moi to drop music slider down for less laser stress . I do like them a bit though and the DSF music archives from joshw.info and Emuparadise are totally different songs O.o

What's the NTSC idear for , to allow 60hz across all the other output cables ? Us NTSC peoples better run VGA I'm afraid

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#74 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 am

Man, if you need any help you can count on me! I love F1 and I always play Monaco online. I also have the SD Adapter!

About the oficial SDK, a guy who works at Sega in the Dreamcast Online Skype said Sega doesn't care about fans using the SDKs plus JoshProd is releasing games using the oficial SDK and it's fine!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

moi
blackout!

Post#75 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:25 pm

mistamontiel wrote:.. is there some way I can grab the musics from the GDI ? l0l

I took your advice moi to drop music slider down for less laser stress . I do like them a bit though and the DSF music archives from joshw.info and Emuparadise are totally different songs O.o

it's on youtube. Here for instance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jr-m3-iRvA

Mrneo, i am looking for some sh4 Hackers as Well or at least Somebody who'd be able to make the Game jump right to the Main Menu instead of wasting one's time by showing all those unskippable Startup Logos and Intro videos.

regarding the NTSC issue, If it's just the screen position that is messed up, it can be corrected via the Game settings. Unlike messed up colors though.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#76 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Ahh I search him for Monaco only got to have 11 songs but nice anywho !

hz mismatch sucks .. man that was groundbreaking too to support both 60 and 50 hz .. think that still not common feature ? But then come games like there is no option you'll only get 60 hz only if running VGA output

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#77 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Does anyone know any hobby/tinkerer hackers somewhat knowledgeable about SH4?

Shu knows what's he/she is doing, and so does japanese_cake but I don't wanna take their time and they seem to connect with.

I'd be up for talking with other people tho, I was teaching another person but I barely have a grasp myself.

Skerce
shadow

Post#78 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am

The zippyshare links are down unfortunately, does anybody have a copy they can upload or PM me please?
Thank you. :D

moi
blackout!

Post#79 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pm

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#80 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 pm

this is super cool.
thank you for this mod.
:)

when i tried making a monaco rip in the past..
i could never get a selfboot cdi (cdr) of this to work.
not your version, one i was trying to make.

i always had problems with the game loading with messed up textures for the tracks and cars.
was this something you found when creating a sd card version or modded .gdi?
let me know.