Daedalus N64 Loc and Quality?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Daedalus N64 Loc and Quality?

Post#11 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

The Naomi arcade boards are identical to DC hardware, save for the fact that they have 32mb of ram as upposed to the 16mb on DC. Theoreticaly yes you should be able to change out the ram on the 2 systems, but they are soldered to the mobo, and there is the question of if it would even recognize the added ram and make emulators run faster at all.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#12 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 am

Anthony817 wrote:The Naomi arcade boards are identical to DC hardware, save for the fact that they have 32mb of ram as upposed to the 16mb on DC. Theoreticaly yes you should be able to change out the ram on the 2 systems, but they are soldered to the mobo, and there is the question of if it would even recognize the added ram and make emulators run faster at all.

Any news about a test of N64 with Dreamcast 32Mb RAM mod?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:44 am

I have a version that can load any size n64 rom this not the problem..

Problem is dreamcast has not the cpu clock speed to run these emulated

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#14 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:48 am

Ian Micheal wrote:I have a version that can load any size n64 rom this not the problem..

Problem is dreamcast has not the cpu clock speed to run these emulated

I remember that from a while ago...N64 on the Dreamcast was always a dream of mine...of course, the likelihood of decent playability from the emulator was never really there. I still appreciate its existence as a nice novelty, myself.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#15 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm sure the DC could handle smaller, less hardware intensive N64 games via emulation.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:19 pm

It cant via emulation 5fps max no sound n64 has a 90mhz cpu to emulate anything you need 3 times the the clockspeed for a start..

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#17 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:It cant via emulation 5fps max no sound n64 has a 90mhz cpu to emulate anything you need 3 times the the clockspeed for a start..

Ah, that's a shame. It would've been nice to have some small N64 games running on DC.