TMNT COWBUNGA COLLECTION BIRTHDAY RELEASE IMRTECH

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: TMNT COWBUNGA COLLECTION BIRTHDAY RELEASE IMRTECH

Post#71 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:26 am

tenchi ryu wrote:Thanks so much Ian, I was so tempted to ask about adding Re-Revenge but considering all this work I didn't want to come off as ungrategul, but you did it anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The greatest TMNT collection on the greatest system now

Your welcome and we was working on the midnight theme so might as well :) :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#72 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:18 pm

This is a very low-level block-allocation optimized disk. It has to be that way in order to fit all of the content (700 MB plus CDDA). The disk works flawlessly on an undamaged GDROM. As a developer, I know a ton of people will have problems, but I can't code for out-of-spec drives.

GDROMs are widely worn. I have five Dreamcasts, and this boots correctly on three of them, while the other two run almost everything. What is the problem? .. When a GDROM wears out, it gets out of calibration. You have both a high and a low LBA. Wear indicates that it has put the most effort into whatever it has gone to. When you adjust a gdrom, you use a set of CD-ROM disks, one with a high LBA and one with a low LBA, and you try to get it in the middle of those two. As a result, everything is loaded. 100% This is a very low-level block-allocation optimized disk; it has to be that way in order to fit all of the content (700 MB plus CDDA). The disk works flawlessly on an undamaged GDROM. In my first video, I demonstrate how I have three Dreamcasts with low hours that boot and work flawlessly every time. I have two others that will not boot at all, but those two will work with most burned games and gdroms. Sadly, this is a common problem. As a developer, I know a ton of people will have problems, but I can't code for out-of-spec GDROM drives.

ven2
rebel

Post#73 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:27 pm

collection is awesome!!! but for some reason, image on SNES games (T.I.T. NTSC and PAL) is shifted down, cutting almost 20-40% of bottom image :(

Played a DARK CDI version with Shredders Re-Revenge rom on burned CD-R with AV composite video output

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#74 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:42 pm

ven2 wrote:collection is awesome!!! but for some reason, image on SNES games (T.I.T. NTSC and PAL) is shifted down, cutting almost 20-40% of bottom image :(

Played a DARK CDI version with Shredders Re-Revenge rom on burned CD-R with AV composite video output

Yeah vga works perfect for snes it's not shifted.. I dont use rf or av cables is it pal crt or ntsc ?.. Seen it working with normal av cables on crt not shifted not sure if they had pal or ntsc..

ven2
rebel

Post#75 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:27 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
ven2 wrote:collection is awesome!!! but for some reason, image on SNES games (T.I.T. NTSC and PAL) is shifted down, cutting almost 20-40% of bottom image :(

Yeah vga works perfect for snes it's not shifted.. I dont use rf or av cables is it pal crt or ntsc ?.. Seen it working with normal av cables on crt not shifted not sure if they had pal or ntsc..

NTSC-J 60hz console with og av cable

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#76 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:43 am

Interesting i have japan dc works fine but i only use vga output.. I have seen it work correct on ntsc with av cable but it's never going to be correct for genesis that needs 480p.. Kos must be getting confused on -J somehow..

crt av cables usa ntsc machine
bandicam 2023-01-02 03-48-52-581.jpg

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#77 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:35 am

Don't know if this video has already be posted here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGuUavaEpvQ

djidane535
noob

Post#78 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:44 am

It's so funny to have ported the collection to the dreamcast :). I don't know if it will be my way to go playing those games, but it's worth giving a try :). Awesome job!

kash18
shadow

Post#79 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:23 am

Ian Micheal Dawn work , I am impressed :)
Is it possible to create a GDI image ?
Greetings

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#80 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:38 am

kash18 wrote:Ian Micheal Dawn work , I am impressed :)
Is it possible to create a GDI image ?
Greetings

Sadly no as this is Kos homebrew using free tools.. And many version of them..