MAME4ALL CDI Help

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

TheMilkMan93
shadow

MAME4ALL CDI Help

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:56 am

Hi all, so I've been creating some burned discs and after alot of trial and error I'm meeting consistent success however I cannot get a CDI file I found for MAME with alot of games already in it to burn then boot once on the console. I even tried a boot disc in case but no dice. I was wondering if anyone has another CDI they know works to see if I can rule out it being the file vs me not puttting proper discjuggler settings.

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: MAME4ALL CDI Help

Post#2 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 am

TheMilkMan93 wrote:Hi all, so I've been creating some burned discs and after alot of trial and error I'm meeting consistent success however I cannot get a CDI file I found for MAME with alot of games already in it to burn then boot once on the console. I even tried a boot disc in case but no dice. I was wondering if anyone has another CDI they know works to see if I can rule out it being the file vs me not puttting proper discjuggler settings.

Has the drive's laser ever been calibrated?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#3 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 am

MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:Hi all, so I've been creating some burned discs and after alot of trial and error I'm meeting consistent success however I cannot get a CDI file I found for MAME with alot of games already in it to burn then boot once on the console. I even tried a boot disc in case but no dice. I was wondering if anyone has another CDI they know works to see if I can rule out it being the file vs me not puttting proper discjuggler settings.

The drive on my pc is an external (new) and as for my dreamcast not that I'm aware of I picked it up at a retro game shop a week ago. other burned CDIs work fine like DCCM/DCRES however I just cannot get these emulators to burn right. I was wondering if there was a specific burn setting for it as for instance I nabbed PSO ver 2 off the forums and it had a little different burn method.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#4 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:46 am

TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

The drive on my pc is an external (new) and as for my dreamcast not that I'm aware of I picked it up at a retro game shop a week ago. other burned CDIs work fine like DCCM/DCRES however I just cannot get these emulators to burn right. I was wondering if there was a specific burn setting for it as for instance I nabbed PSO ver 2 off the forums and it had a little different burn method.

Having specific settings for a certain CDI is possible, but not the usual case.
What are your discjuggler setting?

Try this MAME CDI I made a long time ago.

mame4all-b2-full_library.7z (274.8MB):
https://mega.nz/file/QcAEFZLA#eJyNnRHIH ... y7Z-IxMsjk
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#5 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

Well I tried your file and it did not seem to produce any different results so it's not the CDI's as I figured, I just get that low buzz when it boots and not that nice loud scream of the reader/boot up. As for my DJ settings: Mode 1/DVD, Blocks 2352, CD-DA, RAW Write, Overburn Disc and add post gap to 3rd party images. Now I have also tried without overburn and post gap as well.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:32 pm

TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:

Well I tried your file and it did not seem to produce any different results so it's not the CDI's as I figured, I just get that low buzz when it boots and not that nice loud scream of the reader/boot up. As for my DJ settings: Mode 1/DVD, Blocks 2352, CD-DA, RAW Write, Overburn Disc and add post gap to 3rd party images. Now I have also tried without overburn and post gap as well.

You could try Imgburn.
https://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

After installation, extract this file to the Imgburn install directory for full CDI support.
Attachments
pfctoc.zip
(77.28 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
- Charles Bukowski

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:43 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

You could try Imgburn.

After installation, extract this file to the Imgburn install directory for full CDI support.

I'm wondering if it's my LG drive on my PC or maybe it's just like you originally suggested about adjusting the drive. I ran IMGburn and got the same results but I did get some errors:

W 09:37:52 Miscompare at LBA: 17795, Offset: 2072
W 09:37:52 Device: 0x8C
W 09:37:52 Image File: 0xCA
W 09:37:52 Total Errors in Sector: 86
W 09:37:52 Note: The drive probably corrected the EDC Area because it's wrong in the image file.

Not sure if that would cause this but I figured see what you think.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#8 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 pm

TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:

You could try Imgburn.

I'm wondering if it's my LG drive on my PC or maybe it's just like you originally suggested about adjusting the drive. I ran IMGburn and got the same results but I did get some errors:

W 09:37:52 Note: The drive probably corrected the EDC Area because it's wrong in the image file.

Just one bad block that may of been auto-fixed - shouldn't stop the disc from at least booting.

You can search and find some good articles on Dreamcast laser calibration.
- Charles Bukowski

TheMilkMan93
shadow

Post#9 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:30 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
You could try Imgburn.

Just one bad block that may of been auto-fixed - shouldn't stop the disc from at least booting.

Aaaaand that fixed it, as well as the few others that did not work the laser adjustment made it all work. thank you alot for the assistance!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:59 pm

TheMilkMan93 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
TheMilkMan93 wrote:

Aaaaand that fixed it, as well as the few others that did not work the laser adjustment made it all work. thank you alot for the assistance!

Yeah they all need it in time there all dieing