Nightmare in the Dark (aes4all)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Nightmare in the Dark (aes4all)

Post#1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:07 am

This was my better attempt in trying to make work Nightmare in the Dark on the Dreamcast
through Chui AES4ALL

this is the prebuilt .AES file, just add it in your game list and try it
tested on real hardware (DC), the graphic is absolutely ok
there is a strange bug in the music, that is cutted early and it loops continuously
sfx ok too

played until third boss, all ok here
let me know
nitd.jpg

Nightmare in the Dark (AES).zip
(4.63 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

if you need the emulator, is here :
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/aes4all.html

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Nightmare in the Dark (aes4all)

Post#2 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 am

Known problem some how your rom your activating the Several unused audio tracks are included in the game; a short loop (22) and two fanfares (23 and 2A). The game's music begins at 21, so two of these appear second and third in the index, perhaps suggesting they were composed early in development.

music track it's getting is the short unused loop which is playing how it is You can hear the same short loop can be heard using M1 or the Universe BIOS's jukebox feature.

Not bug it's playing the wrong in game loop

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:05 pm

interesting thanks
sadly i have already tried to anticipate/delay the music start/call, but with worse results than this one

atm i'm searching the latest romrc i made, to post here also, maybe can be improved?
Last edited by kremiso on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:28 am

Yeah the game it's self the rom in game it's playing the wrong sample the one playing is in the rom and is that short unused loop ..

Not a bug a s such just playing the wrong loop not aes4all bug as such maybe i was not clear the short sample is in the rom like it's doing

Not to do with delays or anything just the wrong sample it's playing for in game..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#5 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:23 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah the game it's self the rom in game it's playing the wrong sample the one playing is in the rom and is that short unused loop ..

Not a bug a s such just playing the wrong loop not aes4all bug as such maybe i was not clear the short sample is in the rom like it's doing

Not to do with delays or anything just the wrong sample it's playing for in game..

i see
darn, very close imo to perfect, almost zero slowdowns/hiccups if not zero tbh
the audio too is not too bad, apart the (mostly ingame) loop thing
i cannot find the romc, probably it is in some external hdd i have not with me atm :(

for sure i remember i reached to built it using the bootleg rom, that surely works in MAME
but reading your infos, i presume mame itself has been patched to make it work correctly, back in the day

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:42 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah the game it's self the rom in game it's playing the wrong sample the one playing is in the rom and is that short unused loop ..

i see
darn, very close imo to perfect, almost zero slowdowns/hiccups if not zero tbh
the audio too is not too bad, apart the (mostly ingame) loop thing
i cannot find the romc, probably it is in some external hdd i have not with me atm :(

for sure i remember i reached to built it using the bootleg rom, that surely works in MAME
but reading your infos, i presume mame itself has been patched to make it work correctly, back in the day

Yes should use another emulator but mame and not the mame rom but neorage when doing this.. rom has left in not complete loops at the wrong locations so aes4all is playing it like it would on hardware