Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.3 (01-24-2022)

Post#71 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Clessy wrote:Im not using rca im using svideo and im using svideo because its a crt. Most crts dont support a progressive signal and hd crt dont support progressive 240 they support 480p/i. VGA isnt a option on most crts either unless they're computer monitors and i'd just use a pc emulator if I was going that route.

I guess that's what your will be using and missing out on the best emulator for dreamcast ever made..

LIke i said this was made for VGA most of us dev's dont have a crt any more.. So i guess your out of luck..Both me and TapamN dont use anything but VGA so we cant test and use anything doing 480i.

This is hardware rendering not software so will always look best using 480p VGA mode..Best part of Dreamcast is VGA Any 240i or 480I is always blurry crap IE ps2.. Last Crt i used had 480p that was in 2006..

There Many solutions cheap to use vga on lcd that look tons better then any crt at 480i.. We cant make things for 1% of people sticking to things..

SODIX
shadow

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.3 (01-24-2022)

Post#72 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:42 am

Any chance to port this, on dreamcast?
https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#73 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 am

SODIX wrote:Any chance to port this, on dreamcast?

Must of missed the fact this has pvr rendering back end to make it like this gensis plus crap cant run at more then 40fps with sutter sound..

SODIX
shadow

Post#74 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 am

Ian Micheal wrote:

Must of missed the fact this has pvr rendering back end to make it like this gensis plus crap cant run at more then 40fps with sutter sound..

Gens4Good while it have a good speed and compatibility, has no nice GUI with cartridge images, no nice GUI at all.
No CD and 32x support also. Still it's a best what we have. Thank you devs.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#75 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:42 am

SODIX wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Gens4Good while it have a good speed and compatibility, has no nice GUI with cartridge images, no nice GUI at all.
No CD and 32x support also. Still it's a best what we have. Thank you devs.

fluff gui and such can be added no 32x support that addes sh4 cpu.. with tapamN's work pushing the dreamcast to the 100% limit there is no way to ever get 32x support ..

He wrote a vdp hardware rendering output not even sega got close .. normal emulator runs so slow not even use-able..

Crazy he got raster effects while doing hardware rendering something thought impossible

When you say good speed you mean 60fps constant sound you mean sh4 asm Z80 correct sound..

Sax20
lithium

Post#76 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:35 pm

Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition I'm sure is a good addition!

Kbackman427
shadow

Post#77 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:35 pm

I noticed Mickey Mouse World of illusion does not load on this. I am guessing its a corrupted file on that one because I remembered it working on an earlier release. I have been using the much older 2007ish emulator for that one as it works well on that. If you wonderful people decide to update to the Gens4Dreams list this game should be retested as it is a great Genesis game believe it or not and I believe does work.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#78 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Kbackman427 wrote:I noticed Mickey Mouse World of illusion does not load on this. I am guessing its a corrupted file on that one because I remembered it working on an earlier release. I have been using the much older 2007ish emulator for that one as it works well on that. If you wonderful people decide to update to the Gens4Dreams list this game should be retested as it is a great Genesis game believe it or not and I believe does work.

It's called "World of Illusion Starring" on the build.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#79 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:45 am

Kbackman427 wrote:I noticed Mickey Mouse World of illusion does not load on this. I am guessing its a corrupted file on that one because I remembered it working on an earlier release. I have been using the much older 2007ish emulator for that one as it works well on that. If you wonderful people decide to update to the Gens4Dreams list this game should be retested as it is a great Genesis game believe it or not and I believe does work.

If works well is sound is laging and frameskip 2 then you have a lower standard then me..If you happy with non optimized jerky emulator from 2007 then keep using it or make a disk with both of them with SBI..

Spansuls
noob

Post#80 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:29 am

Hello, how do you save games? When I hit save sram it says "nothing to save" Thanks!!!