Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#61 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:55 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
If you could remake this with SFX turned on so i dont have to swap to disk 2 that would be great

this one should use the external drives
what do you think about a new release with 3 disk used (boot in df0, disk1 in df1 and disk2 in df2) ?
should work

It's working great like this just wish you would of save stated it with music and sfx on i like music and voices with 2mb of memory when it loads it detects that and works..

Maybe you did but not sure ussload support it have to test again or maybe give you my set to use as sound and music works in game and it says 2mb detected !!

Has to be next release i love the game lol I did test it and with the 3 disk drives it works very nice :)

go into options and can turn sfx and music on at the same time /.

yes please share your version
i am trying this atm via winUAE (original ipf's), but you cannot have both music and sfx in game,
also with more than 2MB RAM

with the original game disks, you can have both music and speech, or speech and sfx

apart this, i fear that ussload should need almost 3MB to reload a full 2MB state :(

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#62 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:
this one should use the external drives
what do you think about a new release with 3 disk used (boot in df0, disk1 in df1 and disk2 in df2) ?
should work

It's working great like this just wish you would of save stated it with music and sfx on i like music and voices with 2mb of memory when it loads it detects that and works..

Maybe you did but not sure ussload support it have to test again or maybe give you my set to use as sound and music works in game and it says 2mb detected !!

Has to be next release i love the game lol I did test it and with the 3 disk drives it works very nice :)

go into options and can turn sfx and music on at the same time /.

yes please share your version
i am trying this atm via winUAE (original ipf's), but you cannot have both music and sfx in game,
also with more than 2MB RAM

with the original game disks, you can have both music and speech, or speech and sfx

apart this, i fear that ussload should need almost 3MB to reload a full 2MB state :(

2mb chip memory is max for all amiga's so i have to get fast memory working

The maximum amount of Chip RAM in any model is 2 MiB.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#63 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:13 am

Ian Micheal wrote:2mb chip memory is max for all amiga's so i have to get fast memory working

The maximum amount of Chip RAM in any model is 2 MiB.

i presume not easy at all, in an emulator set for an ocs hardware
hope you reach in this last rabbit hole lol

what about slow ram, do you think it would be possible to set up like 1MB in add, like you can do with winUAE?
ussload recognize every type of ram at boot

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#64 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Ian, sorry for the OT but lotus 3 does not work with your compilation. You cannot reach first track using RC3 as per spreadsheet. Did you go in game ?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#65 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:01 pm

CrashMidnick wrote:Ian, sorry for the OT but lotus 3 does not work with your compilation. You cannot reach first track using RC3 as per spreadsheet. Did you go in game ?

prolly the RC3.5 fix have broken it for the RC3, is my two cents opinion

this is the version i have in my working set
tested on real hardware until second race with :
- RC3.5 kickstart 2.x
- RC3.1, RC1.1, and originals RC3 and RC1 with kickstart 1.x

Lotus III.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#66 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:04 pm

CrashMidnick wrote:Ian, sorry for the OT but lotus 3 does not work with your compilation. You cannot reach first track using RC3 as per spreadsheet. Did you go in game ?

Yes i can go in game having to redo my computer and HD and all my dev right now show it when i can

Your are changing the throttle setting ? will not work if you dont..

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#67 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Thank you I will try again with both solutions.

About throttle, I think I tried 2-3 different settings (and all of them when I did my personal compilation). I even tried without fast throttle from the beginning (it takes ages :))

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#68 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 am

Ok 3.5 did the trick :)

If only the DC had a little more power to get this emulator running with trhottle = 20 + frameskip=1...

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#69 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 am

CrashMidnick wrote:Ok 3.5 did the trick :)

If only the DC had a little more power to get this emulator running with trhottle = 20 + frameskip=1...

true pita hardware to correctly emulate, lot of timings must stay in synch (ie cpu, audio and disk)
that's the reason the Chui 'brother' Atari ST emulator works better in average, less timing to check

but, well, you know about the worse gfx and mostly ST audio quality :?

on uae4all, the precaching thing surely can help all the games that use the extra ram to work little better, very close to perfect
also, Ian is still working on it, who knows :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#70 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:05 am

CrashMidnick wrote:Ok 3.5 did the trick :)

Depends on the game some push the amiga very hard..

example of more speed

I can taylor to a game but it will break timing on almost all others like bleemcast dreamneo

just way to many amiga games to do this with..

not the dreamcast that's the problem it's the way the amiga works cycle perfect line by line from disk to screen even on xbox OG some games dont run correct at all Xbox OG is the most powerful console of that gen many times more powerful then a dreamcast..

Every game does not have SDK these programmers did there own thing on there engine on tricks on each game.. UAE does not emulated games perfect or correct where lucky most work.. takes short cuts and hacks to do so..

Each game uses the amiga hardware many times with no docs and only what that programmer came up with no perfect Amiga emulator ..

Will be interesting to see the Amiga mini.. Till then i have got the most speed out it and double the sample rate og chu's old release

I have sh4 asm memory replacements not found in any version.. 4 months of optimizing that src.. got the min bin to 1.2 mb og release is almosr 2 mb why do you think i can enable 2mb memory when he could not..

We can find very good games i rather single disk autoboot collection not messy menu and 5000 adfs on a disk that no one even knows what they are.. or has every played outside of eur..

:) still working on it but it's 15% faster then chu's release right now on profile on debug plus double the sound sample rate i think that's pretty good for now

Very niche for most people in the usa so it's only us nutters that even care.

Like i said had major pc trouble has to redo everything so please be patience..