Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:58 am

CrashMidnick wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: This sound great :) Glad you know about this stuff more with amiga because I'm out of the loop with this stuff I do wish coders did make all games check for other drives just seems crazy thing to do.. force the same drive.. Guess they did not think people most could buy or afford 2 or 3 drives lol

It is a bit more complicated. Some copy protections rely on DF0: so external drives are out. An extra floppy drive eats more RAM (buffer). Some devs did not make them OS compatible because they were lazy and/or they think that most Amiga games were on 1/2 disks, not a big deal for swapping floppies.

It is on auto boot as i have 3 disk drives and 2mb ram that auto swaps if the game only looks for DFO 1 then i cant do it.. Disk are preloaded on boot you cant swap them there is no menu

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#82 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:04 am

yup problematic but maybe doable :)
impossible to do without all the fresh meat we have now
i mean the combo ussload + 2MB + 2or3 drives + autoboot

it was a bit of shame back in the day
ie the great Shadow of the Beast would have been even better using at least 1MB to have less loadings, or enabling also a second drive;
many later Team17 games sadly use just df0: too :(

btw we'll figure out what is possible to do also

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#83 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:26 am

When we get good alpha i can build the roms into the bin in virtual filesystem so they dont need to use the cdr or anything to load or stream.. so no double copy from disk then system ram.. that all takes time .. Once it's confirmed working proper i can do this to make loading tiny bit faster and music a bit better since dont have to stream then upload then convert.. Just stream convert.. every mil sec counts lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#84 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 am

like to make a request XENON 2 with the music turned off so i can use the ctv cd sound track :) game has the option to turn off the music on the menu

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#85 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:57 am

Another one possibly unlocked, but untested

--- MORTAL KOMBAT ---
this version should work with all the 2MB UAE4ALL releases, autoboot and not

if used on non autoboot, just use the third disk as a boot one

warning, a lot of SLOW loadings in this game
btw, let me know if it's ok

Mortal Kombat (1.5MB 3disks) TEST.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 182 times

CONFIRMED WORKING
Last edited by kremiso on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#86 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:39 am

working fine apart form the known long load times not bad port apart from that loading times really hurt on this i remember buying it at the time i was happy with all of it apart from loading..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#87 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:47 am

It's shame i cant get ik+ to work any adf set on this version I'm doing only 3.3 in the amiga collection..

Cant remember what i did i know it was not the same speeds of the disk drive and raster rendering enabled the game needs perfect cycle sound or it crashes..

Just maybe action replay dump might work or ussloader i dont know..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#88 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:working fine apart form the known long load times not bad port apart from that loading times really hurt on this i remember buying it at the time i was happy with all of it apart from loading..

thank you for the video proof :)
yeah, 100% superthrottle with this one

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#89 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:15 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:It's shame i cant get ik+ to work any adf set on this version I'm doing only 3.3 in the amiga collection..

Cant remember what i did i know it was not the same speeds of the disk drive and raster rendering enabled the game needs perfect cycle sound or it crashes..

Just maybe action replay dump might work or ussloader i dont know..

yes, this is very problematic with uae4all, there is something randomly inside all the 3.x releases that make it run or not;
i'll sent to you a couple of freezes in different points/ with different options just to check ;)

ik.zip
(720.39 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

ransom
fire

Post#90 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Mortal Kombat Amiga.. works well with ReDream on PC, Fast forward option allows for super quick loading times.
Last edited by ransom on Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.