Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#71 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 am

kremiso wrote:but, well, you know about the worse gfx and mostly ST audio quality :?

When you grew up with an Amiga and its PAULA sound chip, it is difficult to play on a ST(f)... GFX was OK most of the time (many Amiga games where just poor ports of ST games) but the sound was horrible (except for some STE titles).

Ian Micheal wrote:not the dreamcast that's the problem it's the way the amiga works cycle perfect line by line from disk to screen even on xbox OG some games dont run correct at all Xbox OG is the most powerful console of that gen many times more powerful then a dreamcast..

:) still working on it but it's 15% faster then chu's release right now on profile on debug plus double the sound sample rate i think that's pretty good for now

AFAIR, evreything is butter smooth on OG XBOX with latest versions and HDF setup + whdload. For some reasons, whdload games are working way better than ADF files. I even bought 2 controller --> USB adapters to plug KB + mouse, workbench is great once loaded and lemmings and point & click games are perfect.

I am very happy that your are still working on it. Last night I played Lotus II & III, Pang and 2-3 other games with 3.5 and you are not far from what I would expect from a DC. This is great. What bother me the most is the "crackling" sound.

Keep up the good work !

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#72 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:15 am

CrashMidnick wrote:
kremiso wrote:but, well, you know about the worse gfx and mostly ST audio quality :?

When you grew up with an Amiga and its PAULA sound chip, it is difficult to play on a ST(f)... GFX was OK most of the time (many Amiga games where just poor ports of ST games) but the sound was horrible (except for some STE titles).

Ian Micheal wrote:not the dreamcast that's the problem it's the way the amiga works cycle perfect line by line from disk to screen even on xbox OG some games dont run correct at all Xbox OG is the most powerful console of that gen many times more powerful then a dreamcast..

:) still working on it but it's 15% faster then chu's release right now on profile on debug plus double the sound sample rate i think that's pretty good for now

AFAIR, evreything is butter smooth on OG XBOX with latest versions and HDF setup + whdload. For some reasons, whdload games are working way better than ADF files. I even bought 2 controller --> USB adapters to plug KB + mouse, workbench is great once loaded and lemmings and point & click games are perfect.

I am very happy that your are still working on it. Last night I played Lotus II & III, Pang and 2-3 other games with 3.5 and you are not far from what I would expect from a DC. This is great. What bother me the most is the "crackling" sound.

Keep up the good work !

Yeah never tried whload that be why no longer doing disk access loading from the adf.. I look at cracking for you are you using gdemu or pal or ntsc?

last time i tried uae on xbox was around 2003 lol

With out moops amazing dreamhal and math wizard-ness none of this be possible still be running like it was chui never had moops math skill or dreamhal or would been done then..

Course dreamhal SDL i did 2x faster blit speed then anything chui compiled with..

SDL CHUI

OUTPUT:> 320x240 320x240 640x480 640x480
OUTPUT:> software hardware software hardware
OUTPUT:> Slow points (frames/sec): 0.20885 0.208823 0.0250253 0.0250252
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec): 18.4372 18.4544 4.47263 4.47271
OUTPUT:> Rect fill (rects/sec): 652.125 652.333 156.312 156.3
OUTPUT:> 32x32 blits (blits/sec): 1327.28 1327.28 1277.21 1277.6
OUTPUT:> arch: shutting down kernel
OUTPUT:> maple: final stats -- device count = 2, vbl_cntr = 56270, dma_cntr = 56266
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 640x480 NTSC```
STATE:> Upload processus completed on 6/17/2021 - 09:31:53, Exit Code : 0

```SDL DREAMHAL IAN MICHEAL
OUTPUT:> 320x240 320x240 640x480 640x480
OUTPUT:> software hardware software hardware
OUTPUT:> Slow points (frames/sec): 0.419221 0.419331 0.0502137 0.0502235
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec): 36.9728 36.9942 8.97175 8.97364
OUTPUT:> Rect fill (rects/sec): 1324.71 1329.87 314.932 314.786
OUTPUT:> 32x32 blits (blits/sec): 3126.72 3129.11 2957.4 2970.27
OUTPUT:> arch: shutting down kernel
OUTPUT:> maple: final stats -- device count = 2, vbl_cntr = 27991, dma_cntr = 27976
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 640x480 VGA```

Facts are plain to see double the blit speed this is compiled with it Where the 15% or more speed comes from..
Ian micheal
Blit rate OUTPUT:> 32x32 blits (blits/sec): 3126.72 3129.11 2957.4 2970.27
Chui
Blit rate OUTPUT:> 32x32 blits (blits/sec): 1327.28 1327.28 1277.21 1277.6

I'm using less frameskip auto is max 1 frameskip on autoboot chui's max 5 frameskip when you set auto why battle chess the mouse you cant control well auto boot right now plays battle chess perfect
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#73 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:26 am

CrashMidnick wrote:Ok 3.5 did the trick :)

If only the DC had a little more power to get this emulator running with trhottle = 20 + frameskip=1...

Doing that right now with autoboot last version max of frameskip 1 auto that's all it can skip cant do any more

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#74 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah never tried whload that be why no longer doing disk access loading from the adf.. I look at cracking for you are you using gdemu or pal or ntsc?

I am using Gdemu on a PAL sytem. I have got a NTSC-J Dreamcast too which is untouched (except the 220v PSU replacement) but I do not have empty CD-R at the moment...

Ian Micheal wrote:last time i tried uae on xbox was around 2003 lol

You should try it again mate if you still have your Xbox ;)

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#75 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
CrashMidnick wrote:Ok 3.5 did the trick :)

If only the DC had a little more power to get this emulator running with trhottle = 20 + frameskip=1...

Doing that right now with autoboot last version max of frameskip 1 auto that's all it can skip cant do any more

Thanks my Lord 8-)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#76 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 pm

didn't know where to put this, the correct thread lol

Tiny Bobble, a cool Bubble Bobble remake/upgrade
not a fix, it's just the game preloaded in memory, to shorten the long decrunching time
Ian cool idea, ussload treatment

it should work for all the 2MB uae4all releases, autoboot and not
test release (just the gamedisk), i dunno if the game has other loadings apart the first one :?:

Tiny Bobble (ussload).zip
(337.72 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

CONFIRMED WORKING
Last edited by kremiso on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#77 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:12 pm

kremiso wrote:didn't know where to put this, the correct thread lol

Tiny Bobble, a cool Bubble Bobble remake/upgrade
not a fix, it's just the game preloaded in memory, to shorten the long decrunching time
Ian cool idea, ussload treatment

it should work for all the 2MB uae4all releases, autoboot and not
test release (just the gamedisk), i dunno if the game has other loadings apart the first one :?:

Tiny Bobble (ussload).zip

Thank you it really is a great version :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:13 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Thank you it really is a great version :)

your idea was great, ussload seems much faster even when restoring everything in RAM, surely because yes bigger in size BUT not fragmented, unlike the extremely packed files;

i would like to test also the other procedure i had in mind, to reach to unlock some two disk games that use only the internal drive df0: (sadly many), to avoid disk changes;
i remember at the time some cool bootblock that had the option to select the starting drive;
now if i'll find again some cool ones to test (at least user friendly, ie with mouse click control instead of keys),
my theorically idea is to add just that boot on the gamedisk (ussload should recognize it the same, because restore the track position without recheck the disk :!: ), and use the precached statefile in the second drive

i need more free time to investigate further :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#79 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:21 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Thank you it really is a great version :)

your idea was great, ussload seems much faster even when restoring everything in RAM, surely because yes bigger in size BUT not fragmented, unlike the extremely packed files;

i would like to test also the other procedure i had in mind, to reach to unlock some two disk games that use only the internal drive df0: (sadly many), to avoid disk changes;
i remember at the time some cool bootblock that had the option to select the starting drive;
now if i'll find again some cool ones to test (at least user friendly, ie with mouse click control instead of keys),
my theorically idea is to add just that boot on the gamedisk (ussload should recognize it the same, because restore the track position without recheck the disk :!: ), and use the precached statefile in the second drive

i need more free time to investigate further :)

This sound great :) Glad you know about this stuff more with amiga because I'm out of the loop with this stuff I do wish coders did make all games check for other drives just seems crazy thing to do.. force the same drive.. Guess they did not think people most could buy or afford 2 or 3 drives lol

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#80 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:57 am

Ian Micheal wrote: This sound great :) Glad you know about this stuff more with amiga because I'm out of the loop with this stuff I do wish coders did make all games check for other drives just seems crazy thing to do.. force the same drive.. Guess they did not think people most could buy or afford 2 or 3 drives lol

It is a bit more complicated. Some copy protections rely on DF0: so external drives are out. An extra floppy drive eats more RAM (buffer). Some devs did not make them OS compatible because they were lazy and/or they think that most Amiga games were on 1/2 disks, not a big deal for swapping floppies.