Single Game Mega Drive Emulator (Smash Pack based) - Alien Soldier & more...

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: Single Game Mega Drive Emulator (Smash Pack based) - Alien Soldier & more...

Post#21 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Bump...

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: Single Game Mega Drive Emulator (Smash Pack based) - Alien Soldier & more...

Post#22 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Any other MD games you'd like me to try out?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Yes see if that abomination emulator from steve can match the homebrew one from me below running the same game he should be ashamed of him self for at@games sound and off pitch crap and stutting framerate i cant believe sega green lighted it the smask pack to even be used by the public..

can it match the homebrew one from me below running the same game so my request can it run robocop

60fps zero frameskip using the pvr

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#24 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:11 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yes see if that abomination emulator from steve can match the homebrew one from me below running the same game he should be ashamed of him self for at@games sound and off pitch crap and stutting framerate i cant believe sega green lighted it the smask pack to even be used by the public..

can it match the homebrew one from me below running the same game so my request can it run robocop

The abomination :lol: I'll see how it goes...

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#25 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:21 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yes see if that abomination emulator from steve can match the homebrew one from me below running the same game he should be ashamed of him self for at@games sound and off pitch crap and stutting framerate i cant believe sega green lighted it the smask pack to even be used by the public..

I only played it for a short time, but it seems to run pretty smoothly; obviously the sound suffers, as is to be expected from the Smash Pack emulator. Here's the CDI for testing: https://mega.nz/file/pp9WQbyB#NqAimGPPZ ... uPuxDx23PQ

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:51 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:

I only played it for a short time, but it seems to run pretty smoothly; obviously the sound suffers, as is to be expected from the Smash Pack emulator. Here's the CDI for testing: https://mega.nz/file/pp9WQbyB#NqAimGPPZ ... uPuxDx23PQ

Running frameskip i say 2 but omg mate what is this your walk to the left and your ghost robocop

You cant walk left it disappears lol

I say half the framerate of the homebrew emulator thank you for doing this I had forgot how bad this thing really is always shocks me.. tink tink ping lmao..
Smashpack the abomination

Homebrew emulator I'm working on below

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#27 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:18 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:

Running frameskip i say 2 but omg mate what is this your walk to the left and your ghost robocop

I say half the framerate of the homebrew emulator thank you for doing this I had forgot how bad this thing really is always shocks me.. tink tink ping lmao..

:lol: This is why we need a proper Mega Drive emulator for Dreamcast.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:35 am

You have that soon when i clean the code make the release above is proper working mega drive emulator on dreamcast running on hardware.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#29 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Running frameskip i say 2 but omg mate what is this your walk to the left and your ghost robocop

aw man that's rough :lol:

dcsteve
undertow

Post#30 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 pm

Excellent work Ian. Been waiting for a genesis emulator improvement for a very long time. That video is awesome!