Snes4all Custom Beta build test Update release for tmnt and others

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Snes4all Custom Beta build test Update release for tmnt and others

Post#1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 am

First up this not how it runs lots of other games it's set for tmnt and some others so dont think every game will work correct ..

I got a bit burned out working on it for 3 months in a row so here is test for all that posted including smoother faster super mario world with trans on..
I have 35 builds for single games to make them work if that give you some idea ..

Sound sample rate is 44khz not 16khz of the og build as well still got the speed out of it..

Complete project will take a while and has other people doing other parts

Fixed sounds on tmnt and logos Using new Opengl and SDL DMA
hardware opengl sh4 math fine tuned sh4 asm core ..
Watch the video this build can play many games very well auto frameskip is now fine and cant skip 5 to 6 frames but only random 1 to 2 only when needed.. i talk about some settings for some games i had to do this video 2 times my capture was playing up so there is not as many i play but if you cant get a game working just post and tell you the settings.. This why the collection with sorted 25 games with no need to fk around is needed in a nice dcmc package

it's set for TMNT video shows other working.. like street fighter 2 turbo almost perfect etc..

This build is part of the snes mini dreamcast media center and is for TMNT it plays a lot of other games but breaks other i have spent 3 months doing this and way to much to still go for the 25 games that be featured..

Here is build self boot cdi with a lot of my test games please watch the video for some settings if a game dont work change throttle to 50 or 25 then reset..

like i said this custom set and optimized for tmnt but it play others help me test games have some fun thanks

Selfboot cdi with quite a few games to test

I have other builds for each game thats going to be used for the collection here is release for the public to test..

Course thanks to chui for doing all the hard work in the first place

Download sb cdi for test includes many games.. menu works slow on dreamcast emulators fast on hardware check video it's a direct capture from the dreamcast..
https://mega.nz/file/nUoDyQoC#2jfuasxhS ... oXFFUfvC3E

this build runs super Tennis slow as you can see at the end of the video i left it to show you.. i have one that runs it fullspeed etc

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Snes4all Custom Beta build test Update release for tmnt and others

Post#2 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:45 am

Super Famicom Wars Snes4all custom beta playthru part 1[dreamcast hardware]Talking

Snes4all custom builds for dcmc snes mini
Attachments
snes4all custom builds.png

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:09 pm

you know how much i like 8/16 bit games Ian, so this release is gold for me :)

completely agree with your approach, as a dedicate different builds for grouped games, those cartridges could use some added hw tricks, to not talk of the super FX chip add in first.

Glad you are reaching also with Snes4All, i'm doing a quick test atm, i'll try my fave titles also

Keep it up the great work 8-)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Such great work you did with this Ian!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Again it's profiled for hardware so running it on dc emulators is not going to show you much..

Been a long time for people to wait for the final project so this just for testing i could locked it to just load TMNT this show you how settings dont work on some games and does great on others..

Thanks for the support and love..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 am

Thanks to you @Ian :-)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#7 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:57 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Again it's profiled for hardware so running it on dc emulators is not going to show you much..

not a problem for me :)
i like to test, mainly, if you think that i'm playing also some hucast games atm ... :lol:

i see potential in this your latest work, the fact that some games can run slow atm, is widely counterbalanced with the zero-frameskip / better audio output research ++

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:49 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Again it's profiled for hardware so running it on dc emulators is not going to show you much..

not a problem for me :)
i like to test, mainly, if you think that i'm playing also some hucast games atm ... :lol:

i see potential in this your latest work, the fact that some games can run slow atm, is widely counterbalanced with the zero-frameskip / better audio output research ++

Thanks :) i also have versions that have sd card reader support and fixes for games using mmu main aim was just to show this 1 build for people to test it's not all every thing works build but you find frameskip of 1 fixed is still very smooth if needed in the menu and it make the music on time for rpgs and such.. This is just built for the one game TMNT.. it will show you how there is no way to have a snes4all that runs every game with a one setting .. We can get games running close to fullspeed built for those games..

I have fullspeed builds for simcity for example streetfighter turbo 2 with trans on.. many others.. it's putting it all together in DCMC going thru and testing 100's of game on each build to find what works on each... big task it's why it will be for me 25 games in retail like package and theme for dcmc with all box art all return to dcmc menu music game play videos manuals etc.. when done it be DCMC snes mini..

For now people cant test the biggest change to this build compare to og build is the sound fixes and improved qualty of sound while still keep near the same speed or better..

Lot of varibles in the sh4 asm core to turn off and on in combos as well as dma opengl etc.. versions of sdl and opengl each does not the same as far as speed and sound and problems or not..

Massive big sink hole of time and dancing party rabbit hole of cluster fun..
Why is all this needed because it just cant run games to the best it can using a vague overall setting.. Much speed lost in doing this..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:44 am

example build for dcmc project showing how much speed up i have got..
Donkey kong country turbo Snes4all custom build [Hdmi60fps Dreamcast hardware] talkie

not the same build as about but only frameskip of 1 btw frameskip is not one after the next now it does random frames which makes it not jerk jerk like normal frameskip..

i found this code in the raine emulator it does random style frameskip when needed.. max frameskip on all builds is 2 only when it dips below 60fps.. not before or to get to 60fps..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 am

Zelda link to the past WIP build fixing opengl depth problems

Super metroid wip build

Super Chase HQ snes4all beta custom racing car build