HUCAST - working games set

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

HUCAST - working games set

Post#1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:20 am

Preservation purpose only
Had the time to test the PC-Engine standard (.pce) games set with this old emulator, developed from Quzar at time.

Surely this is not the best Nec emulator for the Dreamcast (see PCECast), mainly because first it is slow, and second the image is not correctly centered on screen (it is shifted to the left).
Some games have also glitches, seems related to some gfx layers, but i can say that there is also something good, as the BIG full screen output in some games.

Btw this is the only working (as running at least) games set, imo many are still playable despite running slower than original...

--- DOWNLOAD LINK --- (little .CDI image) :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n1g4apg41fncxu6/HuCast.7z/file

hc.png
hc2.png
hc3.png

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: HUCAST - working games set

Post#2 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:37 am

was trying to complete Legend of hero Tomna and i got a freeze on this (last?) level
hu-c.jpg

darn, very close lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:02 am

Pcecast is the best and can run cdrom games but i think you know that old hucast one is very slow

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:14 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Pcecast is the best and can run cdrom games but i think you know that old hucast one is very slow

for sure it is slow :)
in reality some games works decently, and at least the emulator does not crash every 10 mins, unlike pcecast :(
ie, this freeze i got was after around 1/2 hours of play, so not properly bad afterall

another one i would have liked to see implemented, as pcecast ofc

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:55 am

I found if you only play the one game and reboot between it crashes a whole lot less often

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#6 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am

Ian Micheal wrote:I found if you only play the one game and reboot between it crashes a whole lot less often

interesting, i need to check again
what i remember about pcecast, is that the issue is probably hidden in the audio emulation code, because if you turn it off, it does not crash anymore

i presume with the source code you would have already fix that

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#7 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:48 am

darn, i died in the last battle :x

btw, i'm having fun unlocking some games with the combo Hucast + Flycast
fw2.PNG

Forgotten Worlds Turbografx CD, a bit slow but VERY close to perfect imo

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#8 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Ian, can you improve hucast with your bag of magic tricks? Lot's of cool games on this platform.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:01 am

MoeFoh wrote:Ian, can you improve hucast with your bag of magic tricks? Lot's of cool games on this platform.

Maybe if you can find me the src code..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#10 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:28 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Ian, can you improve hucast with your bag of magic tricks? Lot's of cool games on this platform.

Maybe if you can find me the src code..

i remember in an old forum Quzar itself saying 'if you want the source code, send me a mail message'
but it was eons ago lol

Apart the ton of glitches, the interesting thing about Hucast, is the fact that you don't need to add the original soundtrack files to test the Turbografx CD games, but just the main program .iso, a lot faster

Ian, maybe adding a cdda (like the Amiga CD16) to the few games that work decently, would lead to some great releases?

Also, strangely with the CD games, the image is correctly centered on screen, unlike with the standard PC-Engine roms