PCEcast PCE CD ?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: PCEcast PCE CD ?

Post#11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:07 am

Little shame, the PC Engine emulation was another project abandoned VERY close to perfection

just for fun, atm i'm testing also two previous PC Engine emulators too, DreamEngine (that has no sound) and HuCast (with sound but slow)
too bad no source code around also

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:09 am

kremiso wrote:Little shame, the PC Engine emulation was another project abandoned VERY close to perfection

just for fun, atm i'm testing also two previous PC Engine emulators too, DreamEngine (that has no sound) and HuCast (with sound but slow)
too bad no source code around also

Pretty much if you want use pce cast proper dont load more then one game at time reboot load the one pce cdrom game and it works fine you cant load any others that boot it just freeze... seems it does not clear memory so reboot play said game then do that again do use the gui load game after game it just crash

also just mount any pce bin +cue iso use turborip to make them proper iso+wav

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#13 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:15 am

Oh, i remember that crash/freezes on PCecast...
i could be wrong here, but iirc it does not happen on ntsc Dreamcasts?
i remember an old tiz thread about that...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 am

kremiso wrote:Oh, i remember that crash/freezes on PCecast...
i could be wrong here, but iirc it does not happen on ntsc Dreamcasts?
i remember an old tiz thread about that...

Yes it does but i was always about to play the cdrom iso games with out that if you just loaded the one game and rebooted and played the next one..

Cdrom games are big if you including the wav files just like dreamneo cd only going to fit 1 game a cdr

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#15 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:29 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yes it does but i was always about to play the cdrom iso games with out that if you just loaded the one game and rebooted and played the next one..

Cdrom games are big if you including the wav files just like dreamneo cd only going to fit 1 game a cdr

oh,too bad
ok, it's one game one play approach? well, on real hardware/emulators is not a big issue, afterall

do you know if games like R-Type CD, Forgotten Worlds and Jim Power can be played?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:56 am

I have a look and see if my old rip collection works well on hardware not including the wav files and it have the english trans updated i think still worth a play..

Playing the wav files slows it anyways but being able to play the iso games with translations is pretty neat still and i can fit over 50 games in rip format on the same cdr

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#17 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:06 am

Great idea, thanks for the effort
and also for your cool private old emulators repository ;)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Any one has a fav game and wants proper cd music i can do that just let me know I know how to get this working and load the wav files and work

You have to know this 1 game per cdr like dreamneo cd if you use the soundtrack

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Want know how to make correct isos for this download any mount with daemon tools use turborip then mod the toc file like this

Code: Select all

Leadin
track1.wav 00:02:00
track2.iso 00:53:65
track3.wav 03:11:14
track4.wav 04:57:48
track5.wav 06:00:67
track6.wav 07:37:09
track7.wav 09:00:61
track8.wav 10:05:35
track9.wav 13:03:60
track10.wav 14:47:28
track11.wav 17:28:05
track12.wav 19:09:58
track13.wav 21:40:18
track14.wav 24:07:69
track15.wav 27:47:51
track16.wav 30:13:10
track17.wav 33:28:56
track18.wav 34:58:29
track19.wav 36:40:49
track20.wav 38:40:50
track21.wav 42:42:12
Leadout

turborip will rip the virtual cdrom to iso+wav rename all to like this then mod your game.toc file to match the same names like this of your wav and iso.. you have to mod every game like this to get it to work not download and throw them on for cdrom games..

You can only fit 1 game per cdr if you do this and the wav files are not real cdda like dreamneo cd so it slows it down.. you can mode the wav files to be 16bit 16khz then use audcity to make them not sound like chipmonk with the change speed to 750 and it runs the best it will 44khz 16 bit high bitrate wave files are not going to give you any speed on this.. also when it loads since it's playing a wave file it stutter like crap till loads the next part..

Pitty there no source pretty sure i could get this as good as dreamneo cd if there was..

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#20 » Thu May 05, 2022 10:32 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I have the proper set up version i did for my self with all iso +wav pce cdrom games complete collection that works i post it later show it work on a video

You know how big if you use iso+wav you only fit like 1 real game sometimes 2 if you rip isos dont use the wav you can fit about 44 games

hello IAN whenever you get the time could you post the pcecast that you worked on? I have one but it works very poorly you do good work and I bet yours is the best working one out there thanks.

Return to “Emulation”