THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Post#11 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:51 am

ven2 wrote:Awesome pack, absolutely must have for your Dreamcast. Tested on redream/flycast/demul, after that burnet this on real CD and results was great. I love to see almost every arcade mame emylator, released on DC in one package.

The only one thing which i wantet to see includes is MAME4All BETA-1. Reason fo this is there some games works better on BETA-1 than on BETA-2 (Gradius on BETA-2 have noises but BETA-1 have proper sound)... nothing deal breaking, but inclusion of beta-1 mame4all emulator inside one CD can make this pack even more spectacular :)

Sound like something i could do one day with my menu sky tech one time make it really nice..

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: THROWBACK DEV SEGA ARCADE MACHINES [WOWPAKZ][WITH COMMENTARY][CHRISTMAS][HDMI60FPS DREAMCAST]

Post#12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:30 pm

ven2 wrote:Awesome pack, absolutely must have for your Dreamcast. Tested on redream/flycast/demul, after that burnet this on real CD and results was great. I love to see almost every arcade mame emylator, released on DC in one package.

The only one thing which i wantet to see includes is MAME4All BETA-1. Reason fo this is there some games works better on BETA-1 than on BETA-2 (Gradius on BETA-2 have noises but BETA-1 have proper sound)... nothing deal breaking, but inclusion of beta-1 mame4all emulator inside one CD can make this pack even more spectacular :)

Is there a thread on this site that has testing results of all the mame emulators by version? Is it possible to have a larger working set of games by using the different releases? Preferrably using the same control scheme across all versions?

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#13 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:59 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
sreak wrote:How different is arcade vs the Dreamcast? I know it’s not a simple plug and play but If I had one of these arcade boards like the Sega Aurora, could it run Dreamcast games? The aurora has a faster cpu etc so I would think Dreamcast games would run better.

I dont know enff about the Sega Aurora to know about this.. sorry about that..

SEGA Aurora is the SEGA System SP board (2004/2005) not many good games released (Dinosaur King maybe good)

CPU: Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISC CPU @ 300MHz
GPU: Imagination Technologies Power VR MBX+VGP @ 150MHz
SPU: ADPCM Sound system
I/O: USB and Ethernet connectors

Those specs are wrong. System sp uses exactly same specs as naomi 1 but with fixed controls and cflash to store it games.

What youre describing the dreamcast on a chip that never came out.