kremiso wrote:you know my crappy laptop sometime surprises me :lol:
b2.png
possibly not exactly the latest release, it performs decently

Yeah thats not the secure bin at all which was the last release
menucrashes.png

When loading any game It has MMU enabled and it's needed for decompressing

menucrashes2.png

When any game is loading on nulldc

Also it's 10% slower on hardware then nulldc i had to optimize the hell out of it to get the 10% back on real hardware about 3 months now

It also only has 16khz sound now have 44khz

menu.png

Impacto
dark night

Re: DCMC SNES4ALL updating coming soonish

Post#63 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:08 pm

How can an emulator be faster than a real hardware?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#64 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Impacto wrote:How can an emulator be faster than a real hardware?

Easy Nulldc does not do proper timing so instant DMA instant file access faster then gdemu no delay for memory 4x the speed of the real machine 40mhz ACIA when it's 8mhz normal

BIG BIG things is they allow multi threads at the same speed on a single core cpu which you cant run 5 6 threads at once they take turns all the emulators run them all at once..

Which is a huge speed up want test it they allow running 2 streaming files even 5 at once you just cant do this.. So if the homebrew has threads there instant on Real hardware they can take turns slow everything to a crawl waiting for the next cycle which they have to.. Also do multi cycles on frames..

Nulldc is a super dreamcast modded past what you could ever on real hardware

These emulators including redream break all the rules of the hardware there just hacks they dont emulate the hardware fully at all just enff to run ..

None of them pass the sh4 asm test at all

So yes Nulldc is much faster then real dreamcast 10% or more sometimes a lot more

Nulldc will allow me to write to the boot rom and not crash thats instant crash on hardware :)

Main problem with all these they dont emulator the speed of the real memory chips timing it's as fast as it can be on these emulators this is not the case on hardware at all.. and there written with wrong specs from the ACIA which is way slower on real hardware.. using them to run homebrew is a fools paradise it's no were near how they really run at all.. Also dont wait for DMA i wish the dreamcast had instant DMA it dont it steals bandwith from the rest of the system when you call it slows everything down..

Dreamcast emulators not like say SNES or PS1 we dont even have the full proper workings of the DSP or proper PVR rendering in any of them

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#65 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 pm

In simple terms nulldc can run many things at once with out any wait hardware cant at all

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#66 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Wow I loved Super Mario Land on my Game Boy growing up as a kid! Nice to see there was a homebrew remake of it on SNES! Even better you are including it in your pack!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#67 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Wow I loved Super Mario Land on my Game Boy growing up as a kid! Nice to see there was a homebrew remake of it on SNES! Even better you are including it in your pack!

Really good homebrew remake :) Made really good progress with the emulator today which spurs me on because for works i hit road blocks that seemed they could not be fixed..

The sound was major amount of trouble if i knew it needed this much work before i started i might not of got into this .. but it's geting there to be about as good as it can be..

Course standing on the shoulders of giants with out chui's great work i could not apply my talent which has always been in Optimizing :)

New menu i added to the old snes4all menu change-able parts so it can be themed
newmneu.png

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#69 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Course standing on the shoulders of giants with out chui's great work i could not apply my talent which has always been in Optimizing :)

this
i used a lot many chui emulators at time, probably most than official games :!:
i would have liked to help him in the first tests too
great dev, hope will come back at some point lol

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#70 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:11 pm

He is part of Retro Sumus working on Xenocider so he is still working on stuff for the Dreamcast but more with indie games.