DCMC MULTI LAUNCHER MiGGY :)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

DCMC MULTI LAUNCHER MiGGY :)

Post#1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:31 pm

video show some settings and talk about the games and thanks :)

New speed updated more work on drawing and render less jerking better movement :)

One of the best team17 games on the amiga now working pretty aproxx fullspeed on dreamcast

This build not released yet about 5% faster all around i find a major bug in uae4all code for save state and disk loading it was redefining a KOS command with the same name causing errors and blocking

Shadow of beast 2 new speed on RC3.5

Watch me fumble with the controls lol win the first island :) works fine long load but worth it.. with 2mb can go into options have music and sfx Course i forget to do this..

Proof it now works

3.5 update new timer now using system timer and faster threads
menu32.png

3.5[systemtimer].rar
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 299 times

compatibility fix for amiga emulator for dreamcast 2 of the best racing games now working with out crashing

Add to root of dcmc comes with both fixed games to use with this
AUae4all[rc330][2mb].bin
Uae4all[syncfix][3.3].rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 325 times

New versions dcmc with 35vbuffer sh4 dct asm on xvid
https://mega.nz/file/3dZh1YCT#V3AaUWh_K ... CUhPZqhz4k

comes with all builds
custom.png

customxvid2.png

New versions of DCMC amiga multi launcher new xvid mmu pointer cache so videos dont crash after playing 4 times
also for mpeg2 clips included use xvid 320x240 ac3 for audio codec mp3 will not work Xilisoft converter full etc
to encode your videos

Includes proper working IK+ an TMNT my own org transfers from back in the day from my amiga
They work on here most i tried on the net was broken on here glitched out
throttle 0 to load these games..

Programs first :)

Updated amiga emulators as i stated DULP
dcmcmmujpg.jpg

dcmcmmujpg2.jpg

dcmcmmujpg3.jpg

dcmcmmujpg4.jpg

dcmcmmujpg5.jpg

Plain files
https://mega.nz/file/XN4l3bIb#_bmHJLn9a ... Ow2j5E2eWU Update *NEW*

Just use bootdreams or what ever you use to make a cdi

Included HQ xvid to show example
Jpg picture work only not png
Using normal opengl now geting ready to up port it using gldc

This is for testing not final sure it has lots of problems so only try it if you feel you want help with beta testing :)

included new working games with it

Amiga emulators throttle 0 to load gamesWell Kremiso asked me could DCMC dreamcast media center load programs first not pictures :)
Old release pictures first
krem2.jpg

New programs first!! does make it cleaner to use :) great idea by Kremiso:)
krem.jpg

Update by Ian micheal

Have more idea's any one welcome to let me know what to add

Code: Select all

DCMC - Dreamcast Media Center

(C) Josh 'PH3NOM' Pearson 2010-2013

DCMC is a brand new, completely free multi-media application
for the Sega Dreamcast, built using the K:OS.

Beta 2

Ok this was more then i thought it would be to change this lol and work with the custom string loading josh did

Now have completed that task I will be uploading the new versions in this topic

- programs loads emulators wince games any homebrew thats unscrambled bin

- 6.5 meg texture buffer now loads more videos
-MMU refresh stops crashing when out of memory --- stops crash but it still does not refresh working on it
MMU working :)
-sh4 optimizing using Dreamhal -- from the great moop

I will post the bins as i go and not start a new topic for this mulit launcher media player
custom.png
ith both game
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 23 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: ATTENTION kremiso DCMC MULTI LAUNCHER

Post#2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:44 am

both you are a magic team :-)

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:45 am

fafadou wrote:both you are a magic team :-)

thank you
you, me and all the members here are a magic team, the site is growing great in this period
i see a lot of cool adds in downloads, reviews, emulation, online, offline...
impressive, if you think that we are mainly talking of a dead-presumed console lol

it may sound bizarre, but where i'm living atm i have only a pc
and i'm emulating an Amiga, on a Dreamcast emulator, running on pc :lol:

i had a real Amiga500 at age, and i used it for 10 years of my life
almost in the same way that i'm using it atm :
" Let's see what happen if i do this... " :)

just passion and fun, i think the same for Ian, by which we have shared the Commodore roots
i'm just using all the candies he takes out from the cylinder :)

when you want Ian, with no hurry at all lol

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm

So basically you updated the dcmc release and added an amiga emulator and the possibility to launch other binaries?
I always find your work fascinating and I'm very thankful.
However I think many of your releases are scattered all over this forum and you should manage your sources a bit better (your github repositories are messy).
Are you developing on Windows OS?

Ripfire
stalker

Post#5 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:10 pm

MastaG wrote:So basically you updated the dcmc release and added an amiga emulator and the possibility to launch other binaries?
However I think many of your releases are scattered all over this forum and you should manage your sources a bit better (your github repositories are messy).

You know I'm rebuilding each of these apps to be able to return to each other in a plugin form.

I know indeed, but it's better than never releasing them, because my mind is like the same mess as the releases. Amiga emulator is very much updated from what we had as well.

I use winxp in a vm :)

Github is a mess, yes, but I'd rather it be a mess than nothing at all. Like what happens a lot with dev's that are too proud to show their code as a mess.
I do have autism if you don't not know. I can be very scattered in thought and then sometimes laser sharp.

In the old days I have one website to show projects I have done. It was in the 100's back in 2003, but there is a lot now. There's lots I never post at all as well. This was asked for by a supporting member.

I say 20 games I have ported I have never posted. If someone finds any use in the projects I do, then it's worth it :) On my patron page it will, when i get the time to have every project in order.

I have lots of toolchains: many versions of gcc and kos and libdream. I like to use cygwin. It's oldschool. I'm not a fan of using linux as this is my everything pc. I'd rather not.. I also use dreamsdk for new kos as well.. I still use the the first tool chain I ever built from the ground up in 2002 on some things.

Grammar corrected version helped by my wife so people can understand what the hell my brain says.. because you see i read the other one and auto fill in everything

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:54 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
MastaG wrote:So basically you updated the dcmc release and added an amiga emulator and the possibility to launch other binaries?

You know I'm rebuilding each of these apps to be able to return to each other in a plugin form.

I know indeed, but it's better than never releasing them, because my mind is like the same mess as the releases. Amiga emulator is very much updated from what we had as well.

I use winxp in a vm :)

Github is a mess, yes, but I'd rather it be a mess than nothing at all. Like what happens a lot with dev's that are too proud to show their code as a mess.
I do have autism if you don't not know. I can be very scattered in thought and then sometimes laser sharp.

In the old days I have one website to show projects I have done. It was in the 100's back in 2003, but there is a lot now. There's lots I never post at all as well. This was asked for by a supporting member.

I say 20 games I have ported I have never posted. If someone finds any use in the projects I do, then it's worth it :) On my patron page it will, when i get the time to have every project in order.

I have lots of toolchains: many versions of gcc and kos and libdream. I like to use cygwin. It's oldschool. I'm not a fan of using linux as this is my everything pc. I'd rather not.. I also use dreamsdk for new kos as well.. I still use the the first tool chain I ever built from the ground up in 2002 on some things.

Grammar corrected version helped by my wife so people can understand what the hell my brain says.. because you see i read the other one and auto fill in everything

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:21 pm

it's a forced thing imo, when you work with tons of tries and attempts, the mess is unavoidable
a pleasant mess i call it

trying to improve old emulators, modifying and compiling old source codes imo takes to a mess also,
at least in the hdd lol

yes, some attempts can miss the target, but at same time you'll find also some gold nuggets :)

EDIT - thanks to who has unbanned me lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:37 pm

I will sure tell people if it's reached a final state.. if you dont like to follow along on the journey of updates you dont have it.. some updates break others things.. You have to try i dont think there is such thing as perfect anything :) we sure can try to improve things along the way with time and effort.. There's been no update to these projects in 11 or 12 years i think it's fine to try fix things wrong with them..

Or just use what was released I want add features and use-ability and functions which were not thought of

I like being able to go back to dcmc from uae4all not having to reboot was the main point.. if you dont get that idea i dont want to see the dreamcast bios and wait the time plus more wear on a cdr user loading it from the start is when it does the most work.. Gdemu it works as well makes more sense to me.. why you want to have to hold button combo's when it one press of a button..

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your detailed response.
I appreciate it and didn't mean to be disrespectful.
Our eldest son has autism and so do I to some extent.
So I know what you're experiencing.

Like I said I really enjoy your work and I'm thankful for all the time you're investing, especially since we don't have many active Dreamcast homebrew devs left.

Still for example if you'd install linux (Ubuntu for example).
You can then install a universal Kos toolchain.
I use the one from dc swat (DreamShell): https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell

Then use git from bash shell to work on your projects.
E.g. when you modify a file:
git add your_file.c
git commit -m 'improve memcpy blah blah'
git push

That way you get a nice version history and others can easily follow and contribute.

Just a my 2 cents :)