Amiga UAE4ALL multirelease - DCMC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL multirelease - DCMC

Post#21 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:37 am

Amazing and fantastic to see that your working with the uae4all emulator Ian. The Amiga for sure is a fantastic computer with lots and lots of amazing games.

Now i havent done even close to the ammount of testing that kremiso have done so far, but i am soon done testing all the titles worth having (imo , i guess at least top 150 games to the Amiga overall) all different versions i found and will rename them to shorter names when 100% complete. I guess its around a 100 games all in all, but all of the included disk will work with RC1 (ians) for sure.

Im tempted , and will probably do a separate disks folder for the rc3 version as well with games like Moonstone etc , only working games ofc.

Please keep up the nice tweaking of the Amiga emulator Ian , you have already done alot with it. Some more adjustements tips could be

- getting rid of the bottom bar ^^
- maybe maybe trying to center and/or shrinking the screen , maybe its my hdmi cable that makes this , but picture feels to "tall", gets cut off at bottom and top
- changing the keyboard layout (make the Enter button work and have another key for exit to menu)

There probably could be done more improvements with the compability and speed but i understand thats probably an overwhelming project :D

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#22 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:30 pm

So finally what the best version of UAE4ALL ? :oops:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:18 pm

fafadou wrote:So finally what the best version of UAE4ALL ? :oops:

Dont really matter you get them all and my custom build with 2mb ram etc

Start to tidy up the directory structure for DCMC and Uae4all

example dcmc.bin no longer on root it's in plugins so now you dont see dcmc.bin when browser
no more data and data2

just the data folder etc

Custom build emulators load dcmc.pl to return to the dreamcast media center

data2 is inside that data folder

makes this cleaner like i said starting to tidy it up

kickrom is no longer on root ether in the data folder so the root folder to browser is now much cleaner

this helps when browser for screen shots music and videos as well

all emulators i will have to rebuild for this work but it be much nicer cleaner way thanks to krem for the idea of making browsing cleaner

Also made he mouse pointer not so fast more like a real amiga :) no release today but be worth the update when i put it out

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#24 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:15 pm

atm i'm trying to fix all the titles that have a picky/not working loading sequence,
freezing with a virtual Action Replay cartridge the preloaded game

already fixed : Bubble n Squeak, The Colony, D-Generation, Double Dragon 3, Final Blow, Final Fight, Goal!, Gods, Hammerfist, Jungle Strike, Kick-Off, Last Ninja 3, Lethal Xcess, Lost Vikings, Mercs, Mortal Kombat 1 & 2, Odyssey, Ruff n Tumble, Sensible Soccer (various), Speedball 1 & 2, The Plague, Typhoon Thompson, Uridium 2

also, freezed the original usa version of Millennium2.2, called Millenium - return to earth
seems that it does not exist an adf of this version !
i don't know if the game is completable, seems that has a single load, as far as i reach to test at least
also the graphic is different from the european counterpart
great game (both) :)
millenium.PNG
Last edited by kremiso on Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Nice work on fixing games to work :) intro cracks need 256kslow ram to work uae4all does not emulate slow ram 256k ether does the fs uae hack this is based on

OriginalName
rebel

Post#26 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Incredible work on this. I'm really excited about playing some of these games! I know it must be frustrating to put so much work into making something so robust and sophisticated only to get a hundred questions about the most basic things, but unfortunately I'm a little out of my element when it comes to the Amiga. I can't seem to get "Agony" running. Could someone patiently walk me through how to get passed the "Two Live Crew" screen and into the game itself?

I assume it has to do with mounting and booting the disks in a particular sequence, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

Sorry for my ignorance! I've never spent much time with any floppy-based computers, so I'm struggling here.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:19 pm

OriginalName wrote:Incredible work on this. I'm really excited about playing some of these games! I know it must be frustrating to put so much work into making something so robust and sophisticated only to get a hundred questions about the most basic things, but unfortunately I'm a little out of my element when it comes to the Amiga. I can't seem to get "Agony" running. Could someone patiently walk me through how to get passed the "Two Live Crew" screen and into the game itself?

I assume it has to do with mounting and booting the disks in a particular sequence, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

Sorry for my ignorance! I've never spent much time with any floppy-based computers, so I'm struggling here.

Your going to need the 3 months past i did on the emulators with 2mb exp more speed better sound faster loading

Code: Select all

- 192 games included , most of the classics
- All games working , tested on real hardware
- All games are in a playable/enjoyable state with the emulators
- 28 Manuals , Mega lo mania , Eye of the beholder , Red Storm rising etc
- 10 Classic Amiga tunes (Mp3)
- Savedisks to most of the games so you can save your progress
- 2 video clips
- A gamelist included on the image
- Faq for the emulator included

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ftm6i8 ... hAu4o/view

Every game works on this collection it was 3 months of work me on the coding side FlorreW on the art and testing there is custom versions for games that cant be loaded on any other version ..

this is dreamcast hardware tested only games that work at 90% speed and above and dont crash are included ..

Not to take away from my freind krem as this was what inspired this 3 months of hardwork in the first place..

https://discord.gg/yqXtpaK2 discord offical with all info how to load games how to make every thing work is here..

OriginalName
rebel

Post#28 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Thank you so much, Ian. I've just downloaded that image and everything's working great! I've been meaning to become a patron of yours forever. I'm gearing up for a big move, but once everything has settled and my financial situation restabilizes I'll definitely sign up.

Okay, so it seems like I was having fits with Agony because Agony itself isn't quite there yet, going by the fact that it's not the release you linked me. Fair enough -- I thought the problem was something that I was doing wrong. Still tons and tons and tons of fun to be had with the games that are working without significant issue.

Thank you again!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#29 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:57 pm

OriginalName wrote:Thank you so much, Ian. I've just downloaded that image and everything's working great! I've been meaning to become a patron of yours forever. I'm gearing up for a big move, but once everything has settled and my financial situation restabilizes I'll definitely sign up.

Okay, so it seems like I was having fits with Agony because Agony itself isn't quite there yet, going by the fact that it's not the release you linked me. Fair enough -- I thought the problem was something that I was doing wrong. Still tons and tons and tons of fun to be had with the games that are working without significant issue.

Thank you again!

I could work on that game to get it working on the emulator as timing and disk speed really is vital to some games :) thanks for your support every thing is always free that i do.. but it does help me keep doing this type of thing..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#30 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 am

OriginalName wrote:Incredible work on this. I'm really excited about playing some of these games! I know it must be frustrating to put so much work into making something so robust and sophisticated only to get a hundred questions about the most basic things, but unfortunately I'm a little out of my element when it comes to the Amiga. I can't seem to get "Agony" running. Could someone patiently walk me through how to get passed the "Two Live Crew" screen and into the game itself?

Welcome :)
about Agony, and many other games, you need to decrease the throttle value in the emulator menu, before start the first load;
0 (zero) or 20 are great to let loading start
to skip the Two live crew crack intro you need to press Y button two times, it does emulate the left mouse button on the Amiga;
hope this help you, let us know