Japanese Cake VS Dreamshell Method

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Japanese Cake VS Dreamshell Method

Post#1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:56 pm

So been reading around , I been pondering about getting DREAMCAST again.

what mad me so mad is that the AMERICAN Market is so screwed up with console.

I kept using a Boot Disc to keep playing my BIOHAZARD 2 Import , my favorite game so it drove me mad needing to use boot disc.

Has their been anything made yet that can do a simple DISC FLASH , Nothing else ? What is this Japanese Cake V1.031 BIOS. I Hear about ?
Last edited by AgentMomo on Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Japanese Cake V1.031 BIOS ?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:47 pm

That new bios is kind of old now and HOPEFULLY will be updated now again or at least get worked on this year. I spoke with JC recently and he expressed interest in starting it up again. He hasn't really worked on it for about over 4 years now.

But if you are looking to flash a bios I used to use Dreamshell and make a custom image with whatever bios I wanted and added it and flashed it from the list.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:19 am

omg want that insteada shipping out my precious rev0

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:09 am

i got a rev 0 also its only cool to us. every1 else thinks that we are nerds.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 am

y33

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Anthony817 wrote:That new bios is kind of old now and HOPEFULLY will be updated now again or at least get worked on this year. I spoke with JC recently and he expressed interest in starting it up again. He hasn't really worked on it for about over 4 years now.

But if you are looking to flash a bios I used to use Dreamshell and make a custom image with whatever bios I wanted and added it and flashed it from the list.

OK Dreamshell sounds like what I want ,

So would this mean , I can fire up my JAPAN DISCS on American Dreamcast without the Disc Swap method ?

Or would it involve Physical Modding ? I found this website but it's in Russian ?

That was really making me crazy.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:53 pm

https://japanese-cake.io

It unlocks the drive yeh, wait for the new one

The swapping keeps me away from games too ={

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm

AH , So with this I can I can do direct FRESH RIP of my JAPAN IMPORTS and it will play through the little USB Device ?

I thought this was the program that rumors were it expires 1 year later ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57g1MkoTBCQ

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Expires in one year? Can you elaborate? This is for flashing a bios modded console. You need to have a system that somebody has already modded by adding a new bios chip onto the motherboard. This is not something you can just plug in like the SD card reader serial port mod and use. Dreamshell is just what I used as an example to add a new bios to the actual Dreamshell disc in the directory the other bios's are since it has a built in flashing app.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Expires in one year? Can you elaborate? This is for flashing a bios modded console. You need to have a system that somebody has already modded by adding a new bios chip onto the motherboard. This is not something you can just plug in like the SD card reader serial port mod and use. Dreamshell is just what I used as an example to add a new bios to the actual Dreamshell disc in the directory the other bios's are since it has a built in flashing app.

AH OKAY , Yeah I'm confusing 2 different things then ?

The SD CARD Reader one.

I was told the install cd goes bad after 1 year or

Then again maybe it was a Cheap cd that was used to burn the software ?