Demul Naomi Network Game

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Demul Naomi Network Game

Post#1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Been messing around Demul for the last week and the Noami 1 & 2 features, been able to play most of the games now with it and its been great!

Im wondering though if anyone has been able to get any network based games going (i believe the model 2 called it the ring network), which basically just means having two "cabinets" talk to each other.

I know the model 2 emulators, and even the Model 3 emulators can do it now with ease, and that Demul works with P2P, in fact, i have gotten P2P working great.

However, doing it via that method really just makes two people/emulators simply share the arcade cabinet, so its mostly only useful for fighting games.

Been trying to get some of the racing games to work, i actually got Inital d to search for a network game, but as of yet have not gotten it to talk with another emulator.

Im curious if anyone else has had any success with it?
Initald.PNG
Initald.PNG (2.85 KiB) Viewed 6117 times

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Demul Naomi Network Game

Post#2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Okay, good news, figured it out mostly.

The key is that you have to have two demuls in separate folders so the nvram is different, then go into the test mode, then game test mode. And in game assignments, set one demul to player 1, and the other to player two. They both will now talk and you can have a dual race!

Been trying all afternoon to see if you can have this over P2P, but alas i have gotten no where.

First thought was if you have two demuls on one PC, and then someone does p2p into one of the two machines, it should work.

But there is no way to give control to the person doing p2p, if 2 hours all i was able to do is add tokens.

Tried two PCs on a LAN connection but they sadly cant talk to each other even on the same subnet and ip range ect.

Anyone got any ideas?

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am

Cool, I've been messing with demul lately for naomi stuff, my pc is good enough to play most games around 95% full speed, but DOA2 chugs a good bit.

I use an xbox360 controller and for the life of me I can't figure out how to map the thumbstick for analogue controls for Monkey Ball. Any ideas?

EDIT I figured it out today.

buttersoft
noob

Post#4 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:50 am

Bit of a necro, but any chance you got demul working over lan, it'sthinkingstill ? I'd love to get it running myself.

I tried looking at TCPview, but nothing comes up for Demul or that appears to have been kicked off by it. I've also tried looking at procmon, but holy shit i need to make time to go through like 200k lines of log to even get a clue as to what Demul might be writing and reading. Blergh. Happy to post the log is anyone wants to look at it...

itsthinkingstill wrote:Okay, good news, figured it out mostly.

...Tried two PCs on a LAN connection but they sadly cant talk to each other even on the same subnet and ip range ect.