DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Post#1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 am

This version of Dreamneo cd is using 32bit aligned code and sound buffers along with new memory functions made by moop .. Memset_32bit and memcpy_32bit Render fixes and sh4 math Optimizing screen clearing is done by store ques 32bit aligned Pvr dma handles all textures being rendered to the screen.. This is still using a c core for sound and the main cpu and is faster right now then neo4all beta 1,2,3 before rc1 that then used fame sh4 asm core .. I will have to move to this to get games like kof 94,95,96,97,98,99 fullspeed..

Thanks to all the beta testers still work to be done 8 games run 100% or over 100% speed with correct sfx and cdda audio now . This build has bios upload read on so it does not work a lot of games only the one's i listed below have i tested and compared running both neo4all rc4 and dream neo v3 Behind the scenes i have gone thru 30 beta builds to get to v3..

Selfboot download cdi working for gdemu and cdr..
http://www.mediafire.com/file/14do5kciq ... D.cdi/file

Code has been cleaned up all debug is turned off correct sound pitch for the first time on many games.. This is a new build as of today and works very well better then the video i showed on my youtube channel.. It will slow down and speed up it has autoframeskip throttle now If it hits 60fps it turns frameskip off or on if it drops frames..
bios.png

main.png

DREAM NEO CD [PVRDMA][SQ][32MEM] with Bios uploading for the first time on any neogeo cd emulator for dreamcast bios upload read is disabled on neo4all and all my other releases it does make a whole bunch of games not work at all.. But the games it does work perfect now have all sound effects correct timing
Working games tested on real dreamcast
-----------------------------------
PERFECT 100% SPEED 60FPS GAMES
-----------------------------------
SUPER SIDE KICKS 1 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal
GHOST PILOTS 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal almost no slowdown
VIEWPOINT 105% PERFECT/ faster then normal with no slowdown
SUPER SPY 100% PERFECT/no errors
AEROFIGHTERS 2 100% PERFECT /All grafix fixed sounds and cdda
NINJA MASTERS 100% / black grafix on ninjamasters logo on intro not menu
Sengoku 2 100% perfect /no errors
KK far east eden BP 100%/110%

------------------------------------
GAMES THAT ARE FULLSPEED AT TIMES
ART OF FIGHTING 2 BP 90%/100%
World Heros Perfect BP 90%/100%
Samurai Shodown 1 BP 85%/100% all sfx now fixed
KK far east eden BP
BREAKERS BP
Metal Slug 1 85%/110% /sound lag fixed correct sounds
2020 super baseball 90%/100 / proper pitch sounds
Savage Reign
Samurai Shodown RPG Trans English

None working games with Dreamneo
BIOS UPLOAD READ NOT WORKING
REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2
LAST BLADE 2
Neo Turf masters
Samurai Shodown 2

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Re: DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Post#2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:36 am

Awesome mate, thanks !

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:40 am

I download it, I try it this evening :-)

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#4 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:36 am

ill be relying on others comments bc too lazy to try / have other priorities, but I'd be curious if it runs better than the Metal Slug port on Saturn

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:04 pm

areyareadyherewego wrote:ill be relying on others comments bc too lazy to try / have other priorities, but I'd be curious if it runs better than the Metal Slug port on Saturn

Yes at times it's much better it's 640x480 it's not a port it's the real neogeo cd game.. at other times it has more slow down.. anyways thanks

example detail this has lot more in the backgrounds and char animation i can do a battle vs it and the saturn game dev video

https://youtu.be/RIDOYplGwmE?t=173 real saturn hardware showing slowdown

This version of dreamneo will slow down but if you keep playing it will speed right back up ..

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#6 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
areyareadyherewego wrote:ill be relying on others comments bc too lazy to try / have other priorities, but I'd be curious if it runs better than the Metal Slug port on Saturn

Yes at times it's much better it's 640x480 it's not a port it's the real neogeo cd game.. at other times it has more slow down.. anyways thanks

example detail this has lot more in the backgrounds and char animation i can do a battle vs it and the saturn game dev video

This version of dreamneo will slow down but if you keep playing it will speed right back up ..

So on an older version of your DREAM NEO CD (a version that didn’t have auto frame skip) you commented that backgrounds on Neo4all had a frame skip that couldn’t be turned off, even if you turned off the emulator’s frameskip. So your emulator will be more fluid with backgrounds when the frame skip is off?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm

ChristinaDreamcustDC wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

So on an older version of your DREAM NEO CD (a version that didn’t have auto frame skip) you commented that backgrounds on Neo4all had a frame skip that couldn’t be turned off, even if you turned off the emulator’s frameskip. So your emulator will be more fluid with backgrounds when the frame skip is off?

Frameskip is also speeding up the sound.. When it becomes not fluid it's slowdown trying to be speeded up.. both emulators dont need frameskip but we do to try smooth out the natural slowdown of neogeo cd games ..

So case in point metal slug has massive slow down on the real machine at many many times same as the saturn port.. Example first 40 sec's of the first level on dreamneo is running at a proper 60fps other parts when slow down is hit the frameskip will kick in.. Back ground layer skipping is for zoom scaling i dont have any on for that.. so your geting full zoom in and out which will on games like KOF slow it a lot.. Neo4all skips a lot of the zoom so it runs those games very fast..So layer zoom skip thats really why it appears to run at fullspeed.

Autoframe skip throttle i have is also trying to stop it running way to fast which on some games is silly fast so there is a balance to be made thats the hardpoint right now

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:25 pm

I know it gets boring testing the same games over and over tell me how i know i might test this game 60 70 times a day lol.. and it's slow progress but over neogeo sdl 1.2 we have proper sfx sound pitch much faster higher sound sample rate with no speed hit.. taken about 4 months to improve 10%.. Were not even to a version yet there all alpha beta's I had the final of neogeo cd sdl 1.2 it need lots of work Dreamneo v3 beta is the best it's been since 2004 by a long long way.. Still have heaps of room for other optimizing with moops new functions i had to show the change it made on lag to the sound it's about 1 sec or more Improvement so i had to share to show the change it effects loading speed of files moving memory video everything..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#9 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 am

Doesn't boot with dreamshell....
I have to repack it.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 am

fafadou wrote:Doesn't boot with dreamshell....
I have to repack it.

Yeah it has cdda 20 tracks only for cdr and gdemu .. I'm not sure how to make it dreamshell sd or hdd functional..