DREAM NEO CD [3 COUNT BOUT][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

DREAM NEO CD [3 COUNT BOUT][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with video

Post#1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 am

This is a turbo version of Dream neo cd alpha stage Thanks to bjankins1 for doing beta testing for me with this game :)

This is faster then the real machine you see how fast the background people are cheering compared to a real neogeo cd machine or even the xbox 1 port.. also flashing shadows on both chars and smoother zoom in and out it's sh4 asm doing the zoom in and out pvr hardware texture rendering for the grafix .. so using the dreamcasts 3d power for 2d via dma and store ques.. everything is 32bit aligned also bit shifting no divide... Also tool chain is compiled with all frame pointers off and no debug so it's fast as it could get cpu core is optimized 2017 neoraine version ported down.. it's the current up to date state as of now that i have worked on the last few months.. lots and lots of games run at 60fps on hardware now.. Not all do or work .. This is custom built just for this game so a bleem approach :) :ugeek:

Dreamneo vs snk xbox 1
Here is dreamneo turbo running 3 count bout watch how fast the crowed is moving etc

Xbox 1

notice only black shadows only on one person at a time also the blurred scrolling thats frameskip for sure lol

Please test and if you can do a proper capture of it for the topic we all be great-full
main.png

bios.png

pvr.png

0GDTEX.rar
(85.74 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
this is built into only the new dreamROQ intro bios
This has the new DREAM ROQ update it's still alpha stage has some bugs

Example press start before the bios screen ends or it will not load the next part <--- not releasing a thread i still need to fix this but press start forces that

Example at the char selection screen there's no sfx if you pull left trigger it will come back on that's the only point that sfx stops-- Cpu check i will find it checking the z80 and turns it off.. when the game loads i have it loading it back auto anyways it's just that screen.

Youtube video with a cellphone my wifes this time so it's better but there's still ghosting does not show you really how great this runs.. but it's better and i do some talking lol

This has a custom pvr for gdemu as well

Link to self boot cdi this version has the new 60fps neogeo cd bios intro but it can stop it working if you dont press start before it ends
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iw8grn7e3 ... D.cdi/file

Link to selfboot cdi this version has the old 20fps neogeo cd bios intro but does not crash if you dont press start before the intro ends
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fb8bwr746 ... D.cdi/file

Youtube video still not the best but i did it with real dreamcast not nulldc to prove it works

Screen does not have the crap effect with the sides this shows i had to flip it as it was upside down and it's messed it up ahhh :oops:

bjankins1
blackout!

Re: DREAM NEO CD [3 COUNT BOUT][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with video

Post#2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:03 pm

Thanks ian ill download it and check out the new bios

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAM NEO CD [3 COUNT BOUT][Turbo][60FPS][SB][CDI] with video

Post#3 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 pm

bjankins1 wrote:Thanks ian ill download it and check out the new bios

just make sure to press start before it ends or it not load the next part i mean some times it does but Im working on it.. this only happens on real dreamcast never on any of the dc emulators..

Might have to change the thrd sleep timing for Gdemu this was for a cdr.