Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5/4.0 no leds - single games request

Post#181 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:25 am

FlorreW wrote:Great work Kremiso !

So the release above will ask just as usual for disk 2 (or 3) when you advance in the game ?

Im thinking about Cannon fodder 1 , that one needs a extended adf disk for saving and im not sure the emulator will accept that (testing alot of games , check discord ;D)

this needs to be splitted in two as it is, cause the game uses at max two floppy drives (differently than the first chapter iirc)
the second gamedisk (used here) contains the first 12 missions, and yes, before mission 13 it will request disk3

a part2 can be made putting another savedisk with the other missions inside, and the third gamedisk of course

this reasoning is valid for the autoboot version, as the game starts directly at the mission selection, skipping the disk 1 slow loading, and the swap with disk2 too :)

wondering if the game can also be saved as it is now, i need to check

---
i need to reinstall discord, it was giving me issues both on pc and phone lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#182 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:49 pm

kremiso wrote:
FlorreW wrote:Great work Kremiso !

So the release above will ask just as usual for disk 2 (or 3) when you advance in the game ?

Im thinking about Cannon fodder 1 , that one needs a extended adf disk for saving and im not sure the emulator will accept that (testing alot of games , check discord ;D)

this needs to be splitted in two as it is, cause the game uses at max two floppy drives (differently than the first chapter iirc)
the second gamedisk (used here) contains the first 12 missions, and yes, before mission 13 it will request disk3

a part2 can be made putting another savedisk with the other missions inside, and the third gamedisk of course

this reasoning is valid for the autoboot version, as the game starts directly at the mission selection, skipping the disk 1 slow loading, and the swap with disk2 too :)

wondering if the game can also be saved as it is now, i need to check

---
i need to reinstall discord, it was giving me issues both on pc and phone lol

that be great I like to get most games proper ussloader version the change in loading and not having to swap disks has spoiled me..

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#183 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Seriously , i ha e a blast with Lemmings holiday 1994 on Dreamcast with the uae4all emulator. Works 100% perfect haha <3 The younger generation have to know there is alot of quality games to play from the 80/90s , on Dreamcast if possible ofc. Ha e a nice saterday all of you

IMG_20230204_224507.jpg

DreamCasting
dark night

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#184 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:51 pm

kremiso wrote:
...that Bubble Bobble example is just a comparison between the same versions (pal vs ntsc), the US version runs better than the original, little better even in PAL, a ton better in NTSC

i have a bunch of native NTSC Amiga games, that (obviously) performs better than the PAL counterpart
also, many PAL games runs a ton faster on a NTSC hw...

Yes, I have done some experimentation and that is what I think too.
However, when playing on CRT tv-monitor usually changes display position and/or stretches the screen which, in turn, alters the original proportion and that requires some geometry correction.

DreamCasting
dark night

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#185 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:19 pm

kremiso wrote:
...i have a bunch of native NTSC Amiga games, that (obviously) performs better than the PAL counterpart...

Apologies for the OT, but that is a subject I never quite understood completely.
In most cases (am I correct?), games on NTSC machines would simply play faster and appear stretched.
But where there real NTSC versions of games build from scratch, taking in account ntsc resolution, proportion, with correct music speed, etc?
I mean, if for example, battle squadron had a special PAL optimized release, was there a NTSC optimized release?
Or are "NTSC releases" just the regular PAL versions playing faster and stretched?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#186 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:01 pm

hello @DreamCasting
the ntsc was just a crazy idea, added due the fact that with ussload you can reload also a ntsc state

you must consider that uae4all does emulate a PAL system, so the ntsc attempt could lead to some more frames in a very limited amount of titles

fun to try btw

ofc many could run worse too, or with the music too fast or not in synch

---

on real hardware, i think 80% if not more of all the Amiga games were released for the PAL market, so they are optimized to work at 50Hz
sadly most of the time not using the full screen PAL resolution btw, so many expecially first years titles appear as ntsc resolution titles, but they run at 50Hz

yeah BattleSquadron is a good example, cause has been released in both versions, full screen PAL 50Hz and NTSC 60Hz

DreamCasting
dark night

Post#187 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:49 pm

I think Amiga was the first system that made me start to appreciate (and look for more) PAL video output.

Sure, there's a difference in animation speed when going to 60Hz and having such evident scan-lines in NTSC is charming :) but I will never forget the day I saw pacmania running on old big mitsubishi TV we had in the living room :shock:

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#188 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:32 am

DreamCasting wrote:I think Amiga was the first system that made me start to appreciate (and look for more) PAL video output.

Sure, there's a difference in animation speed when going to 60Hz and having such evident scan-lines in NTSC is charming :) but I will never forget the day I saw pacmania running on old big mitsubishi TV we had in the living room :shock:

absolutely
still amazing how a lot of games looks also today, wider resolution compared to the console of the same period, and computers too

also the overscan titles

about the extreme 'clean' output, there is something in common with the Dreamcast compared with the console released in the same period, and i can say also after :)

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Post#189 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:03 pm

quite a while from the last one :)

ATR - All Terrain Racing

a good Team17 game, despite very hard also on easy setting like most of their titles;
finally unlocked for the DC autoboot, thanks as always to the ussload and the Ian Micheal awesome work

the original is locked on a single drive, a bit tricky to made correctly work this one on autoboot

hope just the first of a new serie :)
test release, have fun

atr.PNG
Attachments
ATR_v2.zip
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Post#190 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:11 pm

next
--- XENON 2 ---