(dream neo) how to save scores and progress?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Sax20
lithium

(dream neo) how to save scores and progress?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi, someone know how to save my progress, mapping control or high scores in this neo geo cd emulator from Ian Micheal?

I write in a post two days ago, but maybe here has more visibility. I'm new in the emulation world of Dreamcast and I'm learning a lot of things, but some things are a little dispersed.

And thanks for all the info, material upload in this website, and people keeping the last sega console with so much live.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: (dream neo) how to save scores and progress?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm

If the game has a data save part it will ask you and then will save to the vmu

Sax20
lithium

Post#3 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:If the game has a data save part it will ask you and then will save to the vmu

Hi Ian! thank you so much for your games

I know that, but when I turn off my dreamcast, all progress is gone... I don't know why. I have a vmu with a lot of space, but I can't save anything, no progress, scores or control mapping....

I use clone gdemu

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:09 pm

check to see if there is a save file on the vmu if there is not enff space it will just not save it does not check.. it does not save control mapping let me know what game or version of the emulator as there has been many beta versions .. Still not done or a final release

Sax20
lithium

Post#5 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:check to see if there is a save file on the vmu if there is not enff space it will just not save it does not check.. it does not save control mapping let me know what game or version of the emulator as there has been many beta versions .. Still not done or a final release

is crossed swords 2 from your topic "perfect conversions" but with metal slug 2 turbo (download from the post of an user here, from dream neo too), and with other games the same thing happen (from dream neo too)

I have 49 free blocks in my vmu.

it always say: backup memory not formatted

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Sax20 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:check to see if there is a save file on the vmu if there is not enff space it will just not save it does not check.. it does not save control mapping let me know what game or version of the emulator as there has been many beta versions .. Still not done or a final release

is crossed swords 2 from your topic "perfect conversions" but with metal slug 2 turbo (download from the post of an user here, from dream neo too), and with other games the same thing happen (from dream neo too)

Ok i will test them and see for you and update the build if it's faulty in a few days thanks for testing :)

Sax20
lithium

Post#7 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Sax20 wrote:

Ok i will test them and see for you and update the build if it's faulty in a few days thanks for testing :)

thanks!! even I format a VMU now, 200 free blocks, play crossed swords 2, get a score, put initials, save... and nothing happens, when I turn off my dreamcast don't load anything, and the VMU still has 200 free blocks.

sometimes in other VMU the save file appear (18 blocks, I don't know from which game is it, but it say dream neo) but don't work, don't save anything, like it wasn't there.

if you need me to test anything, help will be a pleasure for me.