"In The Line Of Fire" - Support the Kickstarter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SegaRenaissance
shadow

Re: "In The Line Of Fire" - Support the Kickstarter

Post#41 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:00 am

Roel wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:
TacT wrote:Really looks cool I wish kick starters lasted more than 30 days...

I think 60 days is an option too, or is that only indiegogo.

From what I've read, KickStarter does allow campaigns up to 60 days, but doesn't recommend it. It seems that 30-day campaigns are on average more likely to succeed.

Kickstarter is the most tedious of all crowdfunding programs. I would recommend Indiegogo alot more since it allows a larger stretch deadline and is easier to use.

BTW, I have a friend who owns and runs and Indie Game label called Alethiea Games,LLC, he could be of help for you.
Owner and Operator of Sega United.com

Army of Dorkness
shadow

Post#42 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:03 pm

The programmer just announced he and sound designer just quit.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#43 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Army of Dorkness wrote:The programmer just announced he and sound designer just quit.

I thought Wilson Guerrero was the artist, with Josh Pearson being the programmer. And it was Wilson Guerrero who said was quitting.
Last edited by Tarnish on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#44 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Army of Dorkness wrote:The programmer just announced he and sound designer just quit.

Well that's a shame. Makes me think they weren't 100% dedicated to this game when the give up so easily after one kickstarter. There are plenty of options for them to try and get funding.

Army of Dorkness
shadow

Post#45 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Tarnish wrote:

I thought Wilson Guerrero was the artist, with Josh Pearson being the programmer. And it was Wilson Guerrero who said was quitting.

You are correct. Still a harsh blow to the team though.

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#46 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Actaully Wilson was a co-developer AND artist, he did both. He quit for personal reasons. The sound guy wanted to remain anonymous and lost faith due to the kickstarter failing. No word from Josh Pearson AKA Phenom (lead dev) as to whether he will try to finish solo yet, but I will try to get in contact with him. I put a good amount of investment into this project well before it even went public, so I might be able to work something out with Phenom but right now no promises.

Update: I just sent an email to phenom. I'll reply in this thread or make a new one when I hear back from him. keep your fingers crossed guys

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#47 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm

MrMaxxSand wrote:Actaully Wilson was a co-developer AND artist, he did both. He quit for personal reasons. The sound guy wanted to remain anonymous and lost faith due to the kickstarter failing. No word from Josh Pearson AKA Phenom (lead dev) as to whether he will try to finish solo yet, but I will try to get in contact with him. I put a good amount of investment into this project well before it even went public, so I might be able to work something out with Phenom but right now no promises.

Update: I just sent an email to phenom. I'll reply in this thread or make a new one when I hear back from him. keep your fingers crossed guys

Yes. Please do. Its a damn fine project.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I would support this project any day!

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#49 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 pm

It looks like they didn't work as a team...Announcing a few hours before KS ends in commentary section that 2 team members are left just doesn't sound good... just wait untill it ends and announce that at least it would be fair to backers and fans.
Also looking at dcemulation forum since it mentioned as website for the game and lead programmer Last visited: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:26 pm :?

No word from Josh Pearson AKA Phenom (lead dev) as to whether he will try to finish solo yet, but I will try to get in contact with him.

Addition to said above. They should be available anytime during ks at fb, skype etc.

Kickstarter time is most important part of game development. They should be posting, streaming as much as possible, use every social media networks. They should be online if not 24/7 but close to. And again Elysian Shadows is an example of doing KS right.

P.S. Im waiting now for any update about future of the game...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#50 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:17 am

This is troubling. I surmise this project is dead in the water.

MrMaxxSand - I understand how investing may go sometimes, but I still feel for ya.