Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Official Bleemcast Disc Check Hacked

Post#41 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 pm

In my experience no games can save.

dark
Resident Evil

Post#42 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 pm

I just saw a youtube comment that suggests that if you use one of the official bleemcast discs to reformat the VMU for PSX saves (for the official bleemcast releases, you need a dedicated VMU for psx style saving) - then the unofficial bleemcast beta may allow for saves.

Can anyone test this out?

Superrayman3
fire

Post#43 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 am

dark wrote:I just saw a youtube comment that suggests that if you use one of the official bleemcast discs to reformat the VMU for PSX saves (for the official bleemcast releases, you need a dedicated VMU for psx style saving) - then the unofficial bleemcast beta may allow for saves.

Can anyone test this out?

I actually tried that out back when the original retail Bleemcast discs were cracked and released online and from what I saw, even if you do have a PSX dedicated VMU (formatted by an retail bleemcast disc and everything) it still doesn't work with the beta Bleemcast disc.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#44 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm sorry, I really don't want to read through this whole thread. I read the first couple posts, and it looks like Gary b had some trouble getting this to work. So, has this worked for anyone? I would love to play castlevania: symphony of the night :)

dark
Resident Evil

Post#45 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm

So the thought was that the hacked retail versions of the emulator would be able to run more games and run them even better since it is a later version of the emulator that runs the specific retail games at retail quality.

Unfortunately that isn't how things worked out. It seems the cracked retail versions barely boot any games, and ones that boot don't necessarily work well.

I bet the early beta would run CSOTN pretty well. No saving, but since its a 2d game, it would probably run alright.

EDIT: Here is a video of someone playing CSOTN on bleemcast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR16be6Fqkk

looks like it runs about 100%

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#46 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:47 pm

There is a version/hack of bleem out that plays these games (NOT ALL THOUGH). I know for a fact, because I tested them, but by play them I mean 99%-100% basically perfect but without video cut scenes. Go by this list below, I even burned Battle Arena Toshinden 4 from dciso on cd-r and it worked after I inserted it after bleem cd-r was popped in, played perfect :

http://retrovg.webs.com/apps/forums/top ... -that-work

And in 2004, I managed to dedicate a vmu for Tekken 3 (dc bleem) and it saved all my hidden guys so yes it works, try a 3rd party vmu.

Go to dciso to get the new "bleem 4 all" hack.

Neoblast
Developer

Post#47 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 am

djvectorman wrote:There is a version/hack of bleem out that plays these games (NOT ALL THOUGH). I know for a fact, because I tested them, but by play them I mean 99%-100% basically perfect but without video cut scenes. Go by this list below, I even burned Battle Arena Toshinden 4 from dciso on cd-r and it worked after I inserted it after bleem cd-r was popped in, played perfect :

http://retrovg.webs.com/apps/forums/top ... -that-work

And in 2004, I managed to dedicate a vmu for Tekken 3 (dc bleem) and it saved all my hidden guys so yes it works, try a 3rd party vmu.

Go to dciso to get the new "bleem 4 all" hack.

That is just the hacked beta, nothing new...
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Superrayman3
fire

Post#48 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Ok here's an interesting find, I recall reading awhile back that the original Japanese version of MGS wouldn't work with the retail MGS bleem disc because there was a difference in the boot code between the Japanese version and international versions that the bleem developers didn't have time to fix before the release, well for the past few months I had been wondering that since the bleem discs had been hacked to skip the disc check would the Japanese version work with the hacked MGS bleem disc? Well I finally got around to testing it and yes it does work, so if your a Japanese DC user and you've been wanting to experience MGS bleemed in your native language or if your a fan of the original Japanese version of MGS I am happy to say that at last you can.

Edit: So far it seems the games graphics glitch up a bit during the cutscenes after the Oclelot fight though that may just be because the image I'm using may have some bad sectors (it's a Redump image) but other than that so far everything seems to work perfectly

Hotdog374657
noob

Post#49 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Could someone help me burn this disc in 2019.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#50 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 am

Holy Necro-bump Batman!