Halo Revamped Dreamcast Port v.1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

clueless
shadow

Re: Halo Revamped Dreamcast Port v.1

Post#41 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 am

Anthony817 wrote:Oh wow! This is great news! Well, are they the original archives? The Bleem games I have been sharing along with mistamontiel we have been having to re-rip iso's from discjuggler to create CDI files. So if you have to rip it, what I do is try ripping in iso format from inside IMGBurn for instance. Just so it verifies all sectors aren't corrupt or scratched or anything. After that then I rip a new image with discjuggler as CDI and pack it up in a 7zip archive.

However, if you have the original archives from TIZ, just simply uploading them as they are to the net is good.

Thanks a lot!

I used to be the number 2 moderator over at DCISOZONE and TIZ, but left around November 2014. I always assumed they would keep archives on the net, but they had a huge falling out and stuff with each other. They weren't shut down by Nintendo or anything, the creator nuked the site and all files. It is a tragedy.

Anyways, I unfortunately don't have original archives from there anymore, as about 3-4 months ago my 1tb HDD I had all my Dreamcast stuff on was lost in a HDD crash. It was devastating. Now I am trying to rebuild my collection so I can do like what atreyyu187 used to do and be able to fulfill all kinds of requests for the community.

However, I only have GDI files now as I have a GDEMU, so I got the full TOSEC GDI set but retail games aren't in CDI. Only homebrew and indie stuff is for me, or other unlicensed stuff.

https://mega.nz/#F!eqBwha7L!ZNthuDAE9G3eCkR_iLccCg
https://mega.nz/#F!LqASHAJI!cfQUgqTrGzWWLN-w2LjjCA

Here are my copies of the two versions of the game that I got off of isozone/retrozone a few days before they collectively bit the bullet. I would have set this up yesterday but I basically passed out after making that post lol. The only thing missing from this is the original names of the zip file. I'm in a similar situation in terms of the GDI files. I got a collection of GDI files not realizing that they were not cdi rips, making me think that the cdi files were backed up (which as far as I know are not). At least I got the homebrew files for the most part. Lets hope someone has back ups or retrozone comes back up with their old files.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#42 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 am

clueless wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Oh wow! This is great news! Well, are they the original archives? The Bleem games I have been sharing along with mistamontiel we have been having to re-rip iso's from discjuggler to create CDI files. So if you have to rip it, what I do is try ripping in iso format from inside IMGBurn for instance. Just so it verifies all sectors aren't corrupt or scratched or anything. After that then I rip a new image with discjuggler as CDI and pack it up in a 7zip archive.

However, if you have the original archives from TIZ, just simply uploading them as they are to the net is good.

Thanks a lot!

I used to be the number 2 moderator over at DCISOZONE and TIZ, but left around November 2014. I always assumed they would keep archives on the net, but they had a huge falling out and stuff with each other. They weren't shut down by Nintendo or anything, the creator nuked the site and all files. It is a tragedy.

Anyways, I unfortunately don't have original archives from there anymore, as about 3-4 months ago my 1tb HDD I had all my Dreamcast stuff on was lost in a HDD crash. It was devastating. Now I am trying to rebuild my collection so I can do like what atreyyu187 used to do and be able to fulfill all kinds of requests for the community.

However, I only have GDI files now as I have a GDEMU, so I got the full TOSEC GDI set but retail games aren't in CDI. Only homebrew and indie stuff is for me, or other unlicensed stuff.

https://mega.nz/#F!eqBwha7L!ZNthuDAE9G3eCkR_iLccCg
https://mega.nz/#F!LqASHAJI!cfQUgqTrGzWWLN-w2LjjCA

Here are my copies of the two versions of the game that I got off of isozone/retrozone a few days before they collectively bit the bullet. I would have set this up yesterday but I basically passed out after making that post lol. The only thing missing from this is the original names of the zip file. I'm in a similar situation in terms of the GDI files. I got a collection of GDI files not realizing that they were not cdi rips, making me think that the cdi files were backed up (which as far as I know are not). At least I got the homebrew files for the most part. Lets hope someone has back ups or retrozone comes back up with their old files.

wow man thanks for registering to help out with this. i hope you stick around awhile
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

clueless
shadow

Post#43 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:47 am

DR TEAMCAST wrote:wow man thanks for registering to help out with this. i hope you stick around awhile

Yeah no problem. I've lurked here off and on for a while but never really felt the need to post. I have all of the homebrew stuff from isozone if you need anything else :mrgreen: .

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#44 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 am

Wow you have EVERYTHING? Dude you might just be the savior we need more than you know right now! The homebrew stuff is irreplaceable so once it is gone it is gone, of course unless somebody as awesome as you comes out of nowhere and can help us out!

What I would ask next from you are the Law56ker's doom collection which spanned 2 discs. It was titled something like "Shitload of doom mods collection" or something. That was singlehandedly one of the most played compilations I enjoyed.

I think I can hook you up with some links to like a mostly complete collection of CDI releases I am sure of it.

Thanks so much for helping man, we were all freaking out about not being able to get the homebrew stuff especially.

Let me look around for a few days at more underground places I frequent and I will see what I can come up with for you ok?

clueless
shadow

Post#45 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:11 am

Anthony817 wrote:Wow you have EVERYTHING? Dude you might just be the savior we need more than you know right now! The homebrew stuff is irreplaceable so once it is gone it is gone, of course unless somebody as awesome as you comes out of nowhere and can help us out!

What I would ask next from you are the Law56ker's doom collection which spanned 2 discs. It was titled something like "Shitload of doom mods collection" or something. That was singlehandedly one of the most played compilations I enjoyed.

I think I can hook you up with some links to like a mostly complete collection of CDI releases I am sure of it.

Thanks so much for helping man, we were all freaking out about not being able to get the homebrew stuff especially.

Let me look around for a few days at more underground places I frequent and I will see what I can come up with for you ok?

I should have everything archived from these two parts of isozone/retrozone minus the original names of the zipped files (I unpacked them and renamed the unpacked folders for most of them so I could find them quicker. A mistake in retrospect but at least everything important is there.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180816191 ... rew-games/
https://web.archive.org/web/20180816191 ... brew-apps/

From what I could tell there was a decent amount of homebrew scattered around the main dreamcast iso section that I didn't download. Hell you can even see a few on the first page just clicking around. I know some of the stuff is probably safe, mainly because I know that the some of the users of the site that informed me about isozone's burning were archiving xbox stuff. I can only hope they got files from the dreamcast part of the site as well.

The best way to get all of this transfered over to other users would probably be over though a torrent or though retroshare obviously, but, I have no idea how to use those yet in regards to sharing with other users. I'll figure it out in the next few days. Can't be all too hard right? I'll figure out a way to share it to you and go from there. I don't do stuff like this often if it's not obvious from the above. Starting a community retroshare might be a good idea assuming I'm understanding how it works correctly.

Oh, and if you're curious, I archived the files because another site I use was freaking the fuck out about those files potentially being lost. So thus, I freaked the fuck out, because, I knew that if I didn't pick it up, nobody else would because who archives things lmao. I panicked and bought 16 terabytes of storage to grab as much as I could. That was probably a little over kill considering the amount I grabbed in the end was about 90 gigabytes. Well at least I have that much to save everything else I can find from this point onwards.

clueless
shadow

Post#46 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:34 am

Oh yeah here is everything in the collection that has "doom" in it's name. The DoomDC Collection Disk 1 and 2 should be the files you're looking for but I could be wrong.
https://mega.nz/#F!b7whlK6T!GUfoAhoRwgQeFPBiXmWEqQ
Also I feel retarded for not realizing this sooner (I have no idea why I haven't tried this sooner), but you can still download some of these files off of isozone apparently. Go to archive.org, go to the latest archive of isozone that works (archive.org archived the entire site right before it went down), find the file you want to download, then hope there is an older archive of that link and there is a chance that the download host is still hosting the file you're looking for. I'm sure there are a files that never got their download link archived before it's too late but it should be enough for several files.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#47 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Well when I tried recovering some of those lost files via wayback machine none of the archived versions of the pages let me download files from the Bleem section.

So the homebrew files and apps totals to about 90gb? That is good news for me as I have a 1tb HDD packed chock full with GDI's and other DC files I got elsewhere, with about a remaining 200gb left free.

Maybe these can all be shared via a few free Mega accounts who knows? I could do similar to what you have and make entire folders viewable? They give you like what? 50gb free hosting per account?

Also, I don't suppose you backed up all the Bleem! beta self booting games did you? Did you grab any of them at all?

clueless
shadow

Post#48 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm

I was going though the archive last night and only a small amount of the games can be grabbed this way (as the owner either bawwleted it or firedrop didn't want those files hosted.) From a quick hunting sesson I was able to grab 7 files. That of which being a half life repack, a few emulator packs, the English translation to fire pro wrestling, and a widescreen hack for ecco the dolphin. Almost all of them were put on the site a year or two ago so those files are much more likely to be saved. Also I didn't happen to grab anything from the Bleem section of the site :( . Those can be remade though right?

The problem with mega is that they limit your bandwidth at a point making it impossible to download files without buying an account. For people trying to get a complete collection this is a major road block.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Making Bleem self booting games are problematic because you have to make them with a script that specifically works only on Windows 98 or something. It all burns the discs as well, so not possible to make with like IMGBurn or DiscJuggler or similar. Also, in order to make an image to share with others, you have to burn a disc and rip it again as cdi. Just a ton of steps involved and not easy on modern operating systems.

And yeah I know about the download limits on mega. I have Battlefield 2 total conversion mods I make and upload there to share with members on my mod team. It sucks because my mods get huge, easily over 6gb and after 1 or 2 GB the files get paused. They resume downloading after some time as long as you leave the browser window open and the PC doesn't go to sleep or something. Mega downloader app is much better for that. I would recommend that since it makes downloading hassle free. I downloaded a PS3 game with it and it was a lot of split files. Took a while to resume with my free account but eh.

Other than that I can;t be sure what else to recommend. I doubt most users would be downloading tons or files at once,

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#50 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 am

I cant believe ISOZONE is gone. It was my source of DC downloads. I really cant believe this.

As it sounds like it was the doing of Nintendo; Maybe we can come together as a community and set up a DC only download site?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
This site seems to be Sega only. Maybe this can be the new ISO home for us?

https://replayers.org/
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart