Halo Revamped Dreamcast Port v.1

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Re: Halo Revamped Dreamcast Port v.1

Post#31 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks for bumping it - I don't like to keep asking lol
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 am

any news on this?? I'd love to get my hands on it one day
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

altecgodofchaos
minority

Post#33 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:42 pm

have you considered porting the original xbox or windows version of halo CE to the dreamcast? i think the graphics would look amazing for the dreamcast

r34per wrote:I ported the psp quake mod halo revamped to the dreacmast running under the makaqu engine. A keyboard isn't needed, you will need it if you want to go to another map and play the firefight gamemode.

the readme i included explains everything you need to know and also included a list of all the availible maps. one thing i forgot to mention in the readme is-

-for firefight type deathmatch 2 in the console then press enter and then type map followed by either construction, buildings, or desert

-to switch back to slayer just type deathmatch 1 followed by any map you want

well thats about all and i will continue to work on this to make it better and hopefully make a more graphical way of browsing maps

here's the download link- http://www.mediafire.com/?dh7tbtj113e1wvb

updated version v1.1- http://www.mediafire.com/?86exex96zw5h2w6

enjoy!
Sega Dreamcast "its thinking"

r34per
Anarki

Post#34 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 pm

halo ce isnt open source so it can't be ported to anything
wait and bleed

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#35 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:22 am

so hold on, is this actually finished and running on peoples dcs properly yet? Is it a full game yet or just a bunch of maps?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Epic mega necro bump... So does anybody happen to have this game at all or know a link to get it? I found it uploaded on some website that emulates games in web browsers of all things but it is not for direct download, but since TIZ is out of commission and Retrozone still isn't up it is harder than ever to find homebrew games.

Here is that strange site I found it at but is not downloadable. Also it would be great to get this to have for Quake World eventually.

http://www.vizzed.com/play/halorevamped-dreamcast-(v11)-dc-online-sega-dreamcast-87794-game

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#37 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:51 pm

If this is what I'm thinking of. The comments on tiz where not the best about gameplay. It would be cool if it played properly!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 pm

I have played it in the past. It doesn't have the highest FPS, but I just want the files to see if the mod could run well with Quake World eventually in the future.

I may possibly still have the disc burned someplace but it would require deep digging as this was like 7 years ago haha.

I beta tested it a few times during development. Then one day r34per just up and vanished. Hasn't logged back into the site since 2012 sadly...

clueless
shadow

Post#39 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:42 am

Anthony817 wrote:Epic mega necro bump... So does anybody happen to have this game at all or know a link to get it? I found it uploaded on some website that emulates games in web browsers of all things but it is not for direct download, but since TIZ is out of commission and Retrozone still isn't up it is harder than ever to find homebrew games.

Here is that strange site I found it at but is not downloadable. Also it would be great to get this to have for Quake World eventually.

http://www.vizzed.com/play/halorevamped-dreamcast-(v11)-dc-online-sega-dreamcast-87794-game

I happen to have v11 and the beta from isozone/retrozone. How do you want me to share them? Also if you don't mind me asking, would you happen to have any dreamcast files from isozone/retrozone that aren't from their homebrew section (homebrew is fine as long as it wasn't in that section on their website) I didn't bother downloading those cdi files thinking another site would have hosted them by the time they both shut down. Clearly I was wrong.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Oh wow! This is great news! Well, are they the original archives? The Bleem games I have been sharing along with mistamontiel we have been having to re-rip iso's from discjuggler to create CDI files. So if you have to rip it, what I do is try ripping in iso format from inside IMGBurn for instance. Just so it verifies all sectors aren't corrupt or scratched or anything. After that then I rip a new image with discjuggler as CDI and pack it up in a 7zip archive.

However, if you have the original archives from TIZ, just simply uploading them as they are to the net is good.

Thanks a lot!

I used to be the number 2 moderator over at DCISOZONE and TIZ, but left around November 2014. I always assumed they would keep archives on the net, but they had a huge falling out and stuff with each other. They weren't shut down by Nintendo or anything, the creator nuked the site and all files. It is a tragedy.

Anyways, I unfortunately don't have original archives from there anymore, as about 3-4 months ago my 1tb HDD I had all my Dreamcast stuff on was lost in a HDD crash. It was devastating. Now I am trying to rebuild my collection so I can do like what atreyyu187 used to do and be able to fulfill all kinds of requests for the community.

However, I only have GDI files now as I have a GDEMU, so I got the full TOSEC GDI set but retail games aren't in CDI. Only homebrew and indie stuff is for me, or other unlicensed stuff.