USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by SMiTH »

usb4maple is awesome ty megavolt.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Vespa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am Hey friends, does this wiring look correct to add a USB A to the Pico Zero?
no, it won't work that way
usb connects to gp0, gp1 only when using software usb and I am using hardware usb so you need usb otg

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am Also, is there any way you can make one firmware that works with both? That way people don't need to guess which one they have?
basically this should work for everyone
USB4MAPLE_latest.7z
(46.37 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Vespa
rebel

Post by Vespa »

megavolt85 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 am
Vespa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am Hey friends, does this wiring look correct to add a USB A to the Pico Zero?
no, it won't work that way
usb connects to gp0, gp1 only when using software usb and I am using hardware usb so you need usb otg
Thank you for the reply, Ah I see, the regular pico has test pads to allow for this which are not on the Zero. I will reconsider my approach!
test.JPG

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

VOOT - Twin Sticks - Mega Maple_sm.jpg
This will be the closest I'll ever get to experiencing the play of a real Dreamcast Twin Stick.

Mega Maple adapter + Xbox 360 controller + Twin Stick mode (Guide + Y) + the game Virtual-On (VOOT).

Now I just need to figure this out! :lol:
voot-controls-1.png
voot-controls-2.png
voot-controls-3.png
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

DreamState wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 am Are their any plans at all to implement a standalone VMU instead of needing to use a controller in tandem to have it work? I use an Xbox One controller wirelessly (which I believe cannot be setup using this adaptor), so it would be beneficial for me to keep the controller I currently have and have a VMU emulated. Thanks.
A Mayflash Magic NS Lite or NS 2 will add wireless Bluetooth support to the adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4JTDZP6/

Set the Mayflash adapter to x-input.

Vespa
rebel

Post by Vespa »

You can add the MAGIC-S PRO 2 to the list of compatible dongles. Tried it with Xbox One (wireless/no vibration -expected) and with a 360 Hori RAP VX-SA arcade stick, no issues.

Logitech K400r wireless works, super fun playing Typing of the Dead with this! Someone already confirmed the Wingman XB2 doesn't work, just want to confirm the same for the XB1.

Tried the MAYFLASH Universal Adapter For Xbox360/Ps3:
mayflash-1.jpg
mayflash-1.jpg (65.33 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Dual Shock 2 works although the button pressure for the triggers require a lot of effort. Experienced the infinite rumble bug once. Some strangeness for sure, wouldn't go out of my way to buy one.

Would it be possible to add Raphnet Gamecube to USB adapter support if we have the VID PID? I think they use USB HID standard.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

adding new devices is only possible with a full log.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:46 pm @Megavolt Any chance you can add support for the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick? Would be cool to use for flight games.
new test, added:
Logitech Force 3D Pro
VID 046D
PID C286

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
VID 046D
PID C215

Gembird JSK-420
VID 12BD
PID A02F
USB4MAPLE(test jsk420, extreme_force 3d pro).7z
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 pm
pcwzrd13 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:46 pm @Megavolt Any chance you can add support for the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick? Would be cool to use for flight games.
new test, added:
Logitech Force 3D Pro
VID 046D
PID C286

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
VID 046D
PID C215

Gembird JSK-420
VID 12BD
PID A02F

USB4MAPLE(test jsk420, extreme_force 3d pro).7z
Just tested it. The joystick is working but goes crazy as seen in the video below. I'm not touching the stick. It's just doing it by itself.

None of the buttons seem to work either.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live