Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Post#111 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:51 pm

Dirge Of Ram wrote:No doubts about seeing the Scud Race, Outrun & Sega Rally vehicles being added. Certain that new Race Tracks can be added may work well on the MP but the CPU Drivers would need to be assigned to said custom track. Bring on the Fun or going to be thinned out badly.

Hate for the Big Dreamcast Channels to treat this as a Five Minute thing. No No this is a very big future deal, for one needing a big explanation guide for each game. Not there yet.

Oh man, Outfun 2 levels and vehicles maybe hehe yeah boi! Not sure if it is possible there since memory limits, cause how are we realistically going to stitch each stage together as a continuous experience into a game like Daytona, but at least we could have those other Ferrari's ported over to 355 Challenge! Oh man, got my gears turning in my head now! That should be a good game to expand on adding more than just a single vehicle! Who else wants to see that happen? F40 is my favorite Ferrari and man, would it look amazing seeing those assets ported over from Outrun 2!

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#112 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:01 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
Dirge Of Ram wrote:No doubts about seeing the Scud Race, Outrun & Sega Rally vehicles being added. Certain that new Race Tracks can be added may work well on the MP but the CPU Drivers would need to be assigned to said custom track. Bring on the Fun or going to be thinned out badly.

Hate for the Big Dreamcast Channels to treat this as a Five Minute thing. No No this is a very big future deal, for one needing a big explanation guide for each game. Not there yet.

Oh man, Outfun 2 levels and vehicles maybe hehe yeah boi! Not sure if it is possible there since memory limits, cause how are we realistically going to stitch each stage together as a continuous experience into a game like Daytona, but at least we could have those other Ferrari's ported over to 355 Challenge! Oh man, got my gears turning in my head now! That should be a good game to expand on adding more than just a single vehicle! Who else wants to see that happen? F40 is my favorite Ferrari and man, would it look amazing seeing those assets ported over from Outrun 2!

I guess you could reverse/ rip psp outrun 2 assets. But that would require a skillful person to care

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#113 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:38 pm

New cities for Crazy Taxi would also be a beautiful dream come true.

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#114 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#115 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:24 pm

After watch that, why not Outrun 2006 or even Sonic Riders?

Shenmue 2? How about Yakuza?

House Of The Dead 2? How about Lost World: Jurassic Park?

Typing Of The Dead? How about Typing The Lost World: Jurassic Park?

Virtua Fighter 3? How about Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 6 & even Street Fighter 4?

Outtrigger? How about Aliens: Colonial Marines or even Aliens vs Predator?

Virtua Tennis? How about All Star Whatever?

Power Stone 2? How about Dissidia?

MvC2? How about Kingdom Hearts?

Sports Jam? How about Fifa?

Okay Sega screwed us all over in 2001. Seeing that just now just wow'd me even more to get this Naomi Library running up successfully! That's from the 3DS.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#116 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:12 am

Sega GT remix, with cars from OutRun and Sega Rally 2 or modding in Fast and the Furious texture mods too? Possibilities do seem endless.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#117 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:26 am

1d062d - Hex Address for the (Press Start) Logo Stages. Don't want to keep on seeing the Dragon Hills stage everytime you boot up. Just retype up the Stage Hex numbers.

Maybe I'm Overblowing it all. Thing is with DoA here how does one add the Invisible Walls in.

VincentNL
blackout!

Post#118 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:29 am

Dirge Of Ram wrote:After watch that, why not Outrun 2006 or even Sonic Riders?

Shenmue 2? How about Yakuza?

House Of The Dead 2? How about Lost World: Jurassic Park?

Typing Of The Dead? How about Typing The Lost World: Jurassic Park?

Virtua Fighter 3? How about Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 6 & even Street Fighter 4?

Outtrigger? How about Aliens: Colonial Marines or even Aliens vs Predator?

Virtua Tennis? How about All Star Whatever?

Power Stone 2? How about Dissidia?

MvC2? How about Kingdom Hearts?

Sports Jam? How about Fifa?

Okay Sega screwed us all over in 2001. Seeing that just now just wow'd me even more to get this Naomi Library running up successfully! That's from the 3DS.

Yes and just wait for the next NL updates! :)
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#119 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Is there any way to fix the camera flipping issue when you're too close to an outer wall? It's disorienting. It was fixed in part 3 and up. The canera simply went through the wall and made anything in front of the camera transparent. Doa2 has that, but it seems it's not applied to any of the outer stage walls

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#120 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:46 pm