Looney Tunes Space Race - Dreamshell/RetroDream Black Screen! Seeking for Help.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CrisMod
lithium

Looney Tunes Space Race - Dreamshell/RetroDream Black Screen! Seeking for Help.

Post#1 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:18 am

Hello, fellow Dreamcast enthusiasts,

I'm currently in the process of testing all the games in my library, and I've encountered a puzzling issue with the game Looney Tunes Space Race. It's the only game that's giving me trouble when using Dreamshell/RetroDream. Essentially, after the ISOLoader text, the screen remains black, and the Datas Mod LED stays solid.

I'm running Dreamshell & RetroDream, the latest version, on a modded HDD with a VA0 motherboard. I believe I've tried nearly every setting available, both my own and those that i found in internet by "pcwzrd13" and "dragoncity," but none seem to get the game running.

I've tested various optimized .gdi images of Looney Tunes Space Race, including:

- Looney Tunes Space Race USA (by megavolt85, here in the forum).
- Looney Tunes Space Race PAL.
- Looney Tunes Space Race Prototype.

All of them yield the same results. If any of you have an image that you're certain works with your settings, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share it with me. I have this issue only with this game, which leads me to suspect that there may be some compatibility problems with the images I have in conjunction with Dreamshell/RetroDream.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Looney Tunes Space Race - Dreamshell/RetroDream Black Screen! Seeking for Help.

Post#2 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:17 am

Try to request @Swat, this game is particular, you can run it without cdda with 0.6.11_se loader or check dragoncity compatibility list.
He keeps this game for the end as a last dreamshell reluctant.

CrisMod
lithium

Re: Looney Tunes Space Race - Dreamshell/RetroDream Black Screen! Seeking for Help.

Post#3 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:42 pm

Folks if you are interested of the Glitch error on VA0 JAP that I got in Looney Tunes Space Race, and on some other few games and I solved it!!!!!

Here it's the story and problem solving of that: `https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=16948`