Dreamcast Phantasy Star Complete RELEASE! and multi lang update

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Phantasy Star Complete RELEASE! and multi lang update

Post by Ian Micheal »

Magik Leo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: Make sure you have enff space for each game to save as well..
It might be the issue, I only have one VMU for now, it's not full but there isnt alot of space left. I plan to buy a new one soon, I'll try again when I get it. Thanks for the tutorial!
Ian Micheal wrote:French cdi has the french games that where translated i could patch..
The rom I provided is Phantasy Star 2 patched in French, it should be possible to replace the non-patched rom from the CDI, no? I guess its more complex than it sound, it might be not that easy? I mean, I failed, so yeah...

Anyway, thank you so much for this collection, I'll buy a VMU as soon as possible to finally truly enjoy it
I will replace it and update the french cdi did you download that one ..?

You downloaded this version
demul1 2023-05-10 08-01-55-411.jpg
demul1 2023-05-10 08-01-55-411.jpg (46.16 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Magik Leo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: Make sure you have enff space for each game to save as well..
It might be the issue, I only have one VMU for now, it's not full but there isnt alot of space left. I plan to buy a new one soon, I'll try again when I get it. Thanks for the tutorial!
Ian Micheal wrote:French cdi has the french games that where translated i could patch..
The rom I provided is Phantasy Star 2 patched in French, it should be possible to replace the non-patched rom from the CDI, no? I guess its more complex than it sound, it might be not that easy? I mean, I failed, so yeah...

Anyway, thank you so much for this collection, I'll buy a VMU as soon as possible to finally truly enjoy it
Yes French Yes 1% Arkana Tran. for ps2 is why i did not bother it's great if you have a full version :)
https://www.pscave.com/dow/rom/fantranslated.shtml
Magik Leo
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by Magik Leo »

Ian Micheal wrote: Yes French Yes 1% Arkana Tran. for ps2 is why i did not bother it's great if you have a full version :)
Omg I'm so confused, the rom I provided is not good

I have another french translated rom but I don't know if its complete either. I didn't choose this one because its a ".md" instead of ".gen" and I have no idea if it can be converted. I thought the .gen was good but it seems not

I'm really sorry for that mistake
Attachments
Phantasy-Star-II-Traduit-en-FR-v1.01-Rev-A.7z
(422.53 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
hello
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Magik Leo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: Yes French Yes 1% Arkana Tran. for ps2 is why i did not bother it's great if you have a full version :)

I have another french translated rom but I don't know if its complete either. I didn't choose this one because its a ".md" instead of ".gen" and I have no idea if it can be converted. I thought the .gen was good but it seems not

If the translation is full that's great all i could find was 1% french translation i will test it thank you freind..
I try to do multi lang version of my projects as i know how it is i have the japan full version soon..

As long as you save in the inn then go to the menu and save from there it will tell you how many blocks you need to save.. I love save states full but they dont work at this moment only battery backup srm like the real cart..

i have not tested the roms you provides when i looked for a patch for ps2 all i could fine was 1% translated..
Magik Leo
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by Magik Leo »

Ian Micheal wrote:
Magik Leo wrote:

If the translation is full that's great all i could find was 1% french translation i will test it thank you freind..
I try to do multi lang version of my projects as i know how it is i have the japan full version soon..

As long as you save in the inn then go to the menu and save from there it will tell you how many blocks you need to save.. I love save states full but they dont work at this moment only battery backup srm like the real cart..

i have not tested the roms you provides when i looked for a patch for ps2 all i could fine was 1% translated..
Well I have great news : It seems that the second rom I provided is 100% translated!
Capturee.PNG
(https://traf.romhack.org/?p=patchs&pid=1327)
hello
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Magik Leo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Magik Leo wrote: Omg I'm so confused, the rom I provided is not good

Well I have great news : It seems that the second rom I provided is 100% translated! Capturee.PNG
(https://traf.romhack.org/?p=patchs&pid=1327)
fantastic i will update the french cdi :)
joeyslang
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: N/A

Post by joeyslang »

Hi. My name is Joe. I am new to dreamcast gaming. So far all of your collections have successfully worked on my Dreamcast Hardware. However, I've burned 10 different cd-r brands and the games refuse to display properly on my vga tv.

The main menu and the extras display fine but all four games boot to a black screen with only audio. I've re-calibrated my vga display on my tv and the closest I got was the games only fitting half of the screen. The bottom half was still black.

I've been working of this for a week, testing vga cables and different tvs and all have the same result.

Consequentially, my whole library of games do not suffer this problem. I'm clueless at this point.

Please help me
Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

joeyslang wrote:Hi. My name is Joe. I am new to dreamcast gaming. So far all of your collections have successfully worked on my Dreamcast Hardware. However, I've burned 10 different cd-r brands and the games refuse to display properly on my vga tv.

The main menu and the extras display fine but all four games boot to a black screen with only audio. I've re-calibrated my vga display on my tv and the closest I got was the games only fitting half of the screen. The bottom half was still black.

I've been working of this for a week, testing vga cables and different tvs and all have the same result.

Consequentially, my whole library of games do not suffer this problem. I'm clueless at this point.

Please help me
This is NTSC if it's not VGA the signal is .. SOund like something not working on the tv for scaling or pal or ntsc ..

Try just RCA old leads direct to the tv..

Works on my hi sense lcd with vga from 2012.. Does not sound like you need to reburn it since it's working what about the sms games and game gear do they display?

Also works just on rca leads on any tv including a crt not that it look as good..

RCA leads CRT

Pal lcd tv

Ntsc

LCD VGA
Attachments
bandicam 2023-07-14 18-50-38-314.jpg
joeyslang
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: N/A

Post by joeyslang »

Thank you for your time and input. I appreciate your support. It seems to work on my s-video setting. I'll have to look into replacing this tv, and grabbing a different tv with vga support. And thanks again for all of the help you provided. Honestly blown away with the help you've provided.
mickschen
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All :-P

Post by mickschen »

Very cool projekt!

I would buy it!