Update DREAMCAST TMNT Cowabunga Collection Out for christmas :)

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: DREAMCAST TMNT Cowabunga Collection WIP REV 4 Menu Tour :)

Post#61 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:33 am

Strider77 wrote:What resolutions will this output at? Hoping there are no blur filters or shimmering etc.

480p no filters..

caruse
lithium

Post#62 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:35 pm

Great job Ian! Can't wait to play it! Meanwhile... I've already made room for it in my collection. 8-)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

CORE316
photon blast

Post#63 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:03 am

This Project is really turning out to be something special and that Case and Cover is very much deserved looks great @caruse.

It nice to see your logo IMR proudly displayed on the Case @Ian Micheal.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#64 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:37 am

CORE316 wrote:This Project is really turning out to be something special and that Case and Cover is very much deserved looks great @caruse.

It nice to see your logo IMR proudly displayed on the Case @Ian Micheal.

Thanks your very nice cover :) starting on all the info and such and custom games :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#66 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:26 am

Most if not all homebrew video players are off sync and frameskip. The dreamcast with decoding speed and mil cd speed also from the katana dev kit cant do above 400kb a sec :)when doing video.. But that's pretty close to VHS spec here we go showing the full video running on Dreamcast hardware.. Taken 2 years to have the voice match up to the mouth you see in this what happens here..
XVID MP4

Vhs menu is just an added extra something i like you dont have to use it lol..

I should say 400kb/sec is the sweet spot as noted by sega in the katana sdk kit slides..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#67 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:00 am

Loving the disclaimer message, hopefully this will result in plenty of complaints towards those shady sellers.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#68 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 pm

I updated the openbor engine for dreamcast for the last 3 years to have saving and rumble pack and Optimized .. With Load and return to the GUI menu no reboot the game shown is only wip but is showing some bonuses not possible on any collections.. Every thing in this collection is compiled from source code new this is not some old thing using old builds from 2003 or using selfboot inducer menu.. This is a custom menu i created in source code and built for this and not some user thing that can get bunch of slow emulators from years past loading with reboot playing each game..

I seen some crap thing floating around put together using selfboot inducer with slow emulators trying to pass it's self off as my project having to reboot between playing each game LOL.. might as with have 10 cdr's if you doing that.. Whole point was to never leave your couch and every thing to be fully optimized

colgate
Doom

Post#69 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Nice! is the code for using video in kos available somewhere? I'd love to use it in my projects.

Anneris
rebel

‪‫‬‭‮  

Post#70 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:59 pm

‪‫‬‭‮  
Last edited by Anneris on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.