128GB SD Card Dreamshell

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

aldair
Metallic

128GB SD Card Dreamshell

Post#1 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:01 pm

Strudell
noob

Re: 128GB SD Card Dreamshell

Post#2 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:02 am

is this an optimized GDI?

HazukiWarrior921
noob

Post#3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:29 pm

Okay, wait... How do you do any of this? I have been struggling to get a 128gb SD card to work with Dreamshell. I am able to format it to Fat32, with guiformat, and I am using Dreamshell 4.0. Long story short, some games function and work, and some just black screen, when I try to boot them from the ISO Loader. I also don't think it has anything to do with the card itself, as the same problem has occured with different cards with smaller sizes. When I run said games via GDEMU, they actually function just fine. However, I don't want to use GDEMU anymore. It is awesome, but I miss just running the discs off of my GDRom sometimes, especially when iy comes to the new games. What do??

HazukiWarrior921
noob

Post#4 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:36 pm

HazukiWarrior921 wrote:Okay, wait... How do you do any of this? I have been struggling to get a 128gb SD card to work with Dreamshell. I am able to format it to Fat32, with guiformat, and I am using Dreamshell 4.0. Long story short, some games function and work, and some just black screen, when I try to boot them from the ISO Loader. I also don't think it has anything to do with the card itself, as the same problem has occured with different cards with smaller sizes. When I run said games via GDEMU, they actually function just fine. However, I don't want to use GDEMU anymore. It is awesome, but I miss just running the discs off of my GDRom sometimes, especially when it comes to the new games. What do??

aldair
Metallic

Post#5 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:38 pm

HazukiWarrior921 wrote:
HazukiWarrior921 wrote:Okay, wait... How do you do any of this? I have been struggling to get a 128gb SD card to work with Dreamshell. I am able to format it to Fat32, with guiformat, and I am using Dreamshell 4.0. Long story short, some games function and work, and some just black screen, when I try to boot them from the ISO Loader. I also don't think it has anything to do with the card itself, as the same problem has occured with different cards with smaller sizes. When I run said games via GDEMU, they actually function just fine. However, I don't want to use GDEMU anymore. It is awesome, but I miss just running the discs off of my GDRom sometimes, especially when it comes to the new games. What do??

Your serial has bad capacitors, they need to be replaced or taken out.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:01 pm

HazukiWarrior921 wrote:Okay, wait... How do you do any of this? I have been struggling to get a 128gb SD card to work with Dreamshell. I am able to format it to Fat32, with guiformat, and I am using Dreamshell 4.0. Long story short, some games function and work, and some just black screen, when I try to boot them from the ISO Loader. I also don't think it has anything to do with the card itself, as the same problem has occured with different cards with smaller sizes. When I run said games via GDEMU, they actually function just fine. However, I don't want to use GDEMU anymore. It is awesome, but I miss just running the discs off of my GDRom sometimes, especially when iy comes to the new games. What do??

Don't expect this method to run all games at full speed ever due to the serial port having a massive bottleneck for retail games. Homebrew games tend to work better, but it chokes with CDDA. There is just simply not enough bandwidth from a lowly serial connection to run all games full speed. Also, don't go removing capacitors because you don't get full speed or consistent gameplay. You will never ever be able to run every single title out there from that method 100%. Why give up the GDEMU for a lesser method lmfao? The whole reason the GDEMU was even created was due to this method not being up to the task of running game backups. So I would get that thought out of your head right now. :lol:

HazukiWarrior921
noob

Post#7 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:42 am

I guess I understand, but that's still a major bummer to me... I was hoping to play my Dreamcast both ways. This method works pretty well with PS2 and GameCube, so I was really hoping on a way to get this to work. I guess it has something to do with the native hardware... plus, I have been buying the newer Dreamcast games lately, and yeah... I really want to play them on disc, but... oh well.

HazukiWarrior921
noob

Post#8 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:43 am

And that still does not explain how this person was able to pull it off. Are they even using a Dreamshell disc?