CDI to GDI convert? any guide to understand?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

KmusDC
fire

CDI to GDI convert? any guide to understand?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Good afternoon dreamers. Is there any guide to convert CDI images to GDI? Please, if so, would you be so kind as to share the link. Greetings. ;)

animekai
lithium

Re: CDI to GDI convert? any guide to understand?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm

Way number one, if the cdi gots is GDI counterpart, you can try rebuild gdi to extract the gdi, then replacing the cdi content into the gdi extracted and then rebuilded back into the gdi form. Expecting that the cdi is modded, and want to get those mods on the gdi format.

But i'm pretty sure that you want is to get the cdi converted to gdi if there is not any gdi origin, in others words, you want to build a gdi from zero, with the cdi base, and i want to know to how to build from the ground gdi when only have cdi base, like those homebrews games and new indies games that only had cdi, and want them to get to gdi formats.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:22 pm

If kos files sytem is not modded none of the indie titles can read files on gdi so cant just convert indie games to gdi like that..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#4 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:42 am

KmusDC wrote:Good afternoon dreamers. Is there any guide to convert CDI images to GDI? Please, if so, would you be so kind as to share the link. Greetings. ;)

Not happening. That's why you were unable to find a guide.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:44 am

Ian Micheal wrote:If kos files system is not modded none of the indie titles can read files on gdi so cant just convert indie games to gdi like that..

For all those concerned Ian is correct. I have tried many times to do this with file structures correct and everything. Only for the disc not to work. Some games have protections in place to fight piracy that need to be modded and kos itself has to be modded a certain way.

In the future I hope indie devs will take it upon themselves to release gdi versions of their games for ode users. Another hope is that old homebrew will eventually be rebuilt by Ian or Megavolt into gdi files

KmusDC
fire

Post#6 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:36 pm

animekai wrote:Way number one, if the cdi gots is GDI counterpart, you can try rebuild gdi to extract the gdi, then replacing the cdi content into the gdi extracted and then rebuilded back into the gdi form. Expecting that the cdi is modded, and want to get those mods on the gdi format.

But i'm pretty sure that you want is to get the cdi converted to gdi if there is not any gdi origin, in others words, you want to build a gdi from zero, with the cdi base, and i want to know to how to build from the ground gdi when only have cdi base, like those homebrews games and new indies games that only had cdi, and want them to get to gdi formats.

I've seen GDI versions of SNES4ALL and DreamSNES, @Megavolt85 posted them. I just want to learn how to do that.

KmusDC
fire

Post#7 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:If kos files sytem is not modded none of the indie titles can read files on gdi so cant just convert indie games to gdi like that..

Since GDI of SNES4ALL and DreamSNES have been possible, @Megavolt85 has published them. I just want to learn how to do that.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:42 pm

Any homebrew I release will be cdi & gdi for future.

animekai
lithium

Post#9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm

dubcity wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:If kos files system is not modded none of the indie titles can read files on gdi so cant just convert indie games to gdi like that..

For all those concerned Ian is correct. I have tried many times to do this with file structures correct and everything. Only for the disc not to work. Some games have protections in place to fight piracy that need to be modded and kos itself has to be modded a certain way.

In the future I hope indie devs will take it upon themselves to release gdi versions of their games for ode users. Another hope is that old homebrew will eventually be rebuilt by Ian or Megavolt into gdi files

Yes, the objective is to make retrodream and dreamshell users, gave them access to play indie games on their modded DC with rd/ds, cdi are not compactible in some cases, isos are frecuently also not compactible, the only high rate chance is to use GDI Optmized formats, and is not a easy task.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#10 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:57 pm

KmusDC wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:If kos files sytem is not modded none of the indie titles can read files on gdi so cant just convert indie games to gdi like that..

Since GDI of SNES4ALL and DreamSNES have been possible, @Megavolt85 has published them. I just want to learn how to do that.

animekai wrote:Yes, the objective is to make retrodream and dreamshell users, gave them access to play indie games on their modded DC with rd/ds, cdi are not compactible in some cases, isos are frecuently also not compactible, the only high rate chance is to use GDI Optmized formats, and is not a easy task.

I've seen the gdi you guys are talking about. And they only work with dreamshell and retrodream in gdi format because of how those programs read files. Those gdi don't work with other odes. I've tried them on my gdemu and they don't work. It's because they are made with kos and are not modded. If what you want are more indie and homebrew games to work with dreamshell and retrodream then you should talk to megavolt. Keep in mind a lot of homebrew can be turned into iso files that work with dreamshell also.