CupHead on Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: CupHead on Dreamcast

Post by Ian Micheal »

This is sprite sheet with a background.. Just a test of sheet of sprites ... with basic engine function got nothing todo with the real game..
Could use the same sprites in Dreambor if you wanted..

I dont get all the excitement ? Sprite sheet example it's using some Cuphead sprites..
playerSheet.png

FlorreW
Animated Violence
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 sometimes

Post by FlorreW »

Esppiral wrote:But is this homemade? I mean is it a recreation? Or an actual port? I don't think the Dreamcast can handle the real game.
Its just a showcase , a recreation i guess.
Why wouldnt the Dreamcast be able to handle it? Im not an expert in developing but if the game was rewritten purely for dreamcast, i think it could handle it with no bigger issues.
Ian Micheal wrote:I dont get all the excitement ? Sprite sheet example it's using some Cuphead sprites..
playerSheet.png
I guess the excitement lies within seeing a pretty new game that had a release on the current consoles, run on out beloved Dreamcast. I also find this exciting :P (even if ita a "demake" it is always great to see)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

FlorreW wrote: I guess the excitement lies within seeing a pretty new game that had a release on the current consoles, run on out beloved Dreamcast. I also find this exciting :P (even if ita a "demake" it is always great to see)
Exactly my feeling.
I suggest my help, but he says he doesn't need so hope the projet can be done.
He has also a translation project in mind. So now we can only wait...

krovellium
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena
PSO
ChuChu Rocket
Worms World Party
Internet Game Pack

Post by krovellium »

Esppiral wrote:But is this homemade? I mean is it a recreation? Or an actual port? I don't think the Dreamcast can handle the real game.
it looks to be more of a homemade port, made from the ground up

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

It's not a port of anything it's 4 images in sprite example..

Aionmagan
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: i don't play much online games
ikaruga is the current one "much wow" "such impressed"

Post by Aionmagan »

k-do wrote:CupHead Dreamcast J-COVER by Dreamquest.
krovellium wrote:
heres one for ntsc-u
aids.png
Those art covers look freaking awesome
Ian Micheal wrote:This is sprite sheet with a background.. Just a test of sheet of sprites ... with basic engine function got nothing todo with the real game..

I dont get all the excitement ? Sprite sheet example it's using some Cuphead sprites..
playerSheet.png
hey Ian, i'm a really big fan of your work and watch most all your YT videos, learned a lot form you,
and yes you are correct for the given time it's a sheet of sprite showcase (not a port since i believe the game to be build in unity), but seen as many are interested
i feel motivated to build a 2d engine for this and future projects. as that is what has gotten me into programming

you rock man, keep up all the awesome work,

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Aionmagan wrote:
krovellium wrote:
heres one for ntsc-u
aids.png
Those art covers look freaking awesome
Ian Micheal wrote:This is sprite sheet with a background.. Just a test of sheet of sprites ... with basic engine function got nothing todo with the real game..

playerSheet.png
hey Ian, i'm a really big fan of your work and watch most all your YT videos, learned a lot form you,
and yes you are correct for the given time it's a sheet of sprite showcase (not a port since i believe the game to be build in unity), but seen as many are interested
i feel motivated to build a 2d engine for this and future projects. as that is what has gotten me into programming

you rock man, keep up all the awesome work,
You have made a good base for an engine it's interesting your using C++ Thanks i will follow your work :)

JimmyFTS
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Just now setting everything up, but will hopefully be up and playing online in the coming weeks.

Post by JimmyFTS »

lol this is great, would be cool to be able to play cuphead on dreamcast.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post by kremiso »

Aionmagan wrote:...but seen as many are interested
:)
it's great to have you here in the forum, welcome!

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post by MastaG »

Ah CupHead the Dark Souls among the 2D shooters.
I really love the 60s and 70s cartoon themes, the artwork is simply amazing.