The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Post#11 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:15 am

chrisvcpp wrote:The VM2 will go beyond that, as its CPU is clocked at a total 140MHz. This will probably make it compatible with even higher SH4 clocks (if they were possible to have).

Oh my !!!

Thank you very much.

I change my crystal and did the megavolt's mod to have a battery in my vmu but a new modern vmu model is outstanding !
Even if I'm terribly afraid by the price ^^

pizzahotline
shadow

Post#12 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 am

This thing looks incredible. This is something I'd definitely be interested in picking up. The list of attributes looks compelling for sure. I'm a fan of Chris' other projects but don't own any of them. I've never been able to fully explore the VMUs games due to it's terrible battery life but with this it's the perfect opportunity to use a VMU for what it was originally intended!

iron_chief
rebel

Post#13 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:07 am

I'd be more interested in a VMU with more space. Perhaps utilizing an SD card. I've heard that there's a limit to how much memory the DC can recognize, so 'pages' are unavoidable. Maybe something that recognizes the game and moves to the appropriate page?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:31 am

This is something we have all been wishing and hoping for over the past 2 decades. Any idea on what you will charge for the final price?

chrisvcpp
undertow

Post#15 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:45 am

iron_chief wrote:I'd be more interested in a VMU with more space. Perhaps utilizing an SD card. I've heard that there's a limit to how much memory the DC can recognize, so 'pages' are unavoidable. Maybe something that recognizes the game and moves to the appropriate page?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. Although I've managed to format a VMU increasing its space (i.e. to 400 blocks) this won't work as the DC and the games were programmed having as a standard the default 200 blocks/128Kb size. The only option is for the user to manually select the current VMU, like with the Sega 4x memory.

chrisvcpp
undertow

Post#16 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:47 am

Anthony817 wrote:This is something we have all been wishing and hoping for over the past 2 decades. Any idea on what you will charge for the final price?

Can't say for sure yet, but my goal is for keeping its price at a max of $100

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#17 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:46 pm

I have a couple of questions I have VMI files on my computer with no way to get them onto a VMU would this new device solve the problem?
What sort of battery life will a full charge give us?
Thanks

chrisvcpp
undertow

Post#18 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:52 pm

slayer2k8 wrote:I have a couple of questions I have VMI files on my computer with no way to get them onto a VMU would this new device solve the problem?
What sort of battery life will a full charge give us?
Thanks

Yes. The VM2 GUI will provide various options and automations, for supporting VMI/VMS files and output them into a proper full VMU file that will play as minigame. The battery life is aimed to last at least a week with continuous usage - something that is yet to be determined when the mechanical design is finished.

slayer2k8
undertow

Post#19 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:17 pm

If you can bring it in at $100 I'll take one as this sounds like what I need.

Xiden
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:17 pm

The question we all want to know.... what colors will be available? :lol:

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”