The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Post#131 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:41 am

megavolt85 wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:Does this then mean TO would eventually have to put a fw update out for the MODE after all these years?

I don’t know about MODE, but there will be support for VM2 in openmenu.

Yesterday I made a test assembly OpenMenu with VM2 support.
I think Chris will soon release FW update

Teddy Rogers
shadow

Post#132 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:23 am

megavolt85 wrote:I think Chris will soon release FW update

I have downloaded VM2 GUI 1.4.0.0. My VM2 is currently on firmware version 1.0.0.

How to update the firmware on the VM2, is this done automatically or is there a separate firmware file somewhere? On the Dreammods website it indicates VM2 GUI includes firmware version 1.2.1...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers
shadow

Post#133 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:38 am

While I was busy typing the previous post Chris emailed me back and also updated his website with VM2 GUI 1.4.2.0.

Please go to the dreammods.net homepage and download the latest GUI version 1.4.2.0

Open the GUI and do a "Factory Reset" from the Utilities tab.

Then, the GUI will prompt and allow you to update to the latest firmware 1.2.5

Ted.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#134 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 am

Teddy Rogers wrote:I have downloaded VM2 GUI 1.4.0.0. My VM2 is currently on firmware version 1.0.0.

How to update the firmware on the VM2, is this done automatically or is there a separate firmware file somewhere? On the Dreammods website it indicates VM2 GUI includes firmware version 1.2.1...

Ted.

There is no openMenu firmware yet for VM2.

However, you can update both the GUI software and the VM2 firmware from the GUI application itself.

Launch the GUI, then go to the "Utilities" tab and select "Software Update". The latest version is 1.4.2.0.

After the software is updated, close the application. Then, put your VM2 into GUI mode and connect it to your computer via USB-C cable. Launch the VM2 GUI and on bottom of the "Status" tab you will see a message stating that new firmware is available. To update, simply click the "Upgrade VM2 device" button and follow the on-screen instructions.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you got it sorted.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Teddy Rogers
shadow

Post#135 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am

Can you get your VM2 to connect in GUI mode using 1.4.2.0? No matter what I do I can only get it to connect in stream-only. Going back to 1.4.0.0 works fine, no issues...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers
shadow

Post#136 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 am

Okay, I figured out what the problem was. Chris is using a DDNS to search for updates in VM2 GUI and, "dreamware.serveexchange.com", was being blocked.

Once I figured this out and added to a whitelisted VM2 GUI was able to notify me of the update. I'm now on firmware version 1.2.5.

Hopefully this info will help others that may come across this problem in future...

Clipboard Image.jpg

Edit: After updating the firmware in VM2 GUI 1.4.0.0 I was able to connect in GUI-mode in VM2 GUI 1.4.2.0.

Ted.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#137 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 am

Well guys, automatic per-game virtual VMU switching is just around the corner!

Here's a little video I recorded today, covering this new feature and how it works. Note that presently, openMenu is the only ODE software that has implemented this feature.

Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#138 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 am

I jus got the GC Pro, baffling how nowhere do they say it requires Swiss access, mod or no pro

Lucky my store picobooted me, Xeno only was most inconvenient

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#139 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:29 am

ateam wrote:Well guys, automatic per-game virtual VMU switching is just around the corner!

Here's a little video I recorded today, covering this new feature and how it works. Note that presently, openMenu is the only ODE software that has implemented this feature.

I got really excited with the first line, then really bummed with the second line that this isn't with game discs. I'm guessing it just isn't possible with real Dreamcast games/discs?

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#140 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 am

Can't wait for this to work
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”