IntelliMESS for SD Iso

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Slaminger
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Football

IntelliMESS for SD Iso

Post by Slaminger »

The latest version of IntelliMESS from Ian Michael, With a mostly complete Library.
This is an .iso that boots from SD.

Please add any bugs or issues below!

Link:
https://mega.nz/file/Iah3VLDD#4RC2HH1P4 ... kBew4VzeXs
Last edited by Slaminger on Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Re: IntelliMESS for SD/HDD/GDEmu Iso

Post by Bob Dobbs »

This is my #1 homebrew ever! I play it via CD-ROM old school style, no magic. I play Astrosmash and Tron Deadly Discs mostly. I just wish Space Spartans and the two Tron Intellivoice games worked.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Bob Dobbs wrote:This is my #1 homebrew ever! I play it via CD-ROM old school style, no magic. I play Astrosmash and Tron Deadly Discs mostly. I just wish Space Spartans and the two Tron Intellivoice games worked.
Always glad someone loved my old work :)

Slaminger
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Football

Post by Slaminger »

Bob Dobbs wrote:This is my #1 homebrew ever! I play it via CD-ROM old school style, no magic. I play Astrosmash and Tron Deadly Discs mostly. I just wish Space Spartans and the two Tron Intellivoice games worked.
It's been a lot of fun for sure, I have a few more uploads coming today!

Shoto
shadow

Re: IntelliMESS for SD Iso

Post by Shoto »

Hard to start games for me because of the keyboard interface from the Intellivision. Can't seem to find readme's that explain the controls. BUT you are still the man, and the hero of the DC Ian! Thanks! Now maybe I can play Imagic's Beauty and the Beast again?
I HATE VERONICA'S BANDERSNATCHES! :?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Shoto wrote:Hard to start games for me because of the keyboard interface from the Intellivision. Can't seem to find readme's that explain the controls. BUT you are still the man, and the hero of the DC Ian! Thanks! Now maybe I can play Imagic's Beauty and the Beast again?
Readme from 2003

Code: Select all

#Update 
This is a new build that has all of the improvements by the mess team and ice88. The new file selection code lets you load roms from the main gui turing mess into a normal Dreamcast emulator and much more fun to use.Includes A really nice GUI by gabbi. I have done my best there was not much to do but change a few compiler settings that was making some games not work right. Its close to perfect only bug is some times reset does not work so the last game gets stuck just reboot load the next game. or leave it a few mins both work. does not happen every time. Enjoy this near perfect emulator for dreamcast! 

FAQ use
How to use ,you will need  intv.zip, intvsrs.zip, intvkbd.zip, drop these in the  bios directory. 
So
1ST_READ.BIN
IP.BIN
/BIOS
SOFTWARE/INTV <---games/ roms apps pd games of course!
Or any dir you want your roms as now you can have them any were on the cd.

Controls

High light cd and press (B) scroll to find were you placed you roms. press (B) to select the rom then press (START) to load the game selected. when at the info screen press any key on the controller. Your game will then load. to access the mess menu press (START&DOWN). you dont need to but its there to play with. To go back to the main gui menu Press(START&A) together. that covers it. wait 20 30 secs for it to go back to the main gui.

#INFO
Improvements by ice88

A file selection menu on the main GUI 

Code: 

B -  change directory 
Up - Up 
Down Down 
.. - change to parent directory 

In game, simulated keypad... 

Code: 

1 = LT+X 
2 = LT+Y 
3 = LT+B 
4 = LT+A 
5 = RT+X 
6 = RT+Y 
7 = RT+B 
8 = RT+A 
9 = RT+X 
10 = RT+Y 
DEL = RT+B 
ENTER = START 

Here you go!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Compatibility release should be made number of games work perfect lot dont even boot got remember i did this in 2003.. I can update this still.. Wanted a release with only the games that work fully i think that would be better then full set with number of games that dont work.