Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

shikarixkyo
shadow

Re: Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Post#41 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:46 pm

does the file format matter of the video becuase no matter what bit rate i choose the videos look like crap .i have converted over 30 differnt files and they all look pixelated and run very crapy i know its not your program im assuming its the file formats im using and the resultion of the source file

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Video2DreamcastDisc Release - Automatically Convert ANY Media File To An Auto-Playing Sega Dreamcast Disc

Post#42 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 pm

shikarixkyo wrote:does the file format matter of the video becuase no matter what bit rate i choose the videos look like crap .i have converted over 30 differnt files and they all look pixelated and run very crapy i know its not your program im assuming its the file formats im using and the resultion of the source file

Just dont matter max on a cdr is 400 kb/sec low qualty

shikarixkyo
shadow

Post#43 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:59 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
shikarixkyo wrote:does the file format matter of the video becuase no matter what bit rate i choose the videos look like crap .i have converted over 30 differnt files and they all look pixelated and run very crapy i know its not your program im assuming its the file formats im using and the resultion of the source file

im using gdemu and some videos run great and others are not watchable and depending on the resultion is what bitrate i choose sometimes 3100 sometimes 3600 but im wondering if i convert them all down to 320x240 befor i use v2d if it will be a smoother playback becuase using them at there stock resultion always gives me playback issues mainly on videos with a stock res over 640 like the hd videos i converted
.if this makes any sense at all lol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:47 am

shikarixkyo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

im using gdemu and some videos run great and others are not watchable and depending on the resultion is what bitrate i choose sometimes 3100 sometimes 3600 but im wondering if i convert them all down to 320x240 befor i use v2d if it will be a smoother playback becuase using them at there stock resultion always gives me playback issues mainly on videos with a stock res over 640 like the hd videos i converted

Ian Micheal wrote:
grouik1er wrote:what's the max resolution possible on gdrom?

max is 640x480 but still limited to 400kb/sec dont really matter this sfd limit..
3600 kbit/s =450kb/sec so dont really matter about the res size it's low bitrate video what ever you do.. making it 640x480 makes it look worst..
Almost all retail games used 320x240 even if the file is 512x blah it displays as 320x240 on screen..

You can do 640x480 same bitrate it have no effect the resolution does not effect quality of the bitrate.. 640x480 does not mean it look any better it's still 400 kb a sec video.. 3600 kbit/s =450kb/sec

I think people get confused on what that really means..

all games on cdi hacked releases videos are down sampled to under 200 kb sec not even close to what you get in real game..

Mil cd is very slow seek time max streaming from it is 450kb a sec including sound.. Which is exact same as the serial port i proved this i optimized resident evil 3 gdi for the serial port and it plays perfect all video.. that needed to be down sampled to guess what under 450 kb/sec exact same as the cdi hacked release that runs on cdr..

Got put this in context 400 kb/sec video including sound SFD was never made to watch videos with it's cut scene intro api example middle ware for games ..

You could make a gdi using this get better version but it be gdemu only..

I tell you here provide that correct sega slides to show max and min
Attachments
SFDspecs.png
SFDspecs.png
sfdstats.png

alexfree
fire

Post#45 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 am

shikarixkyo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

The resolution does not matter. I have split a 1080p movie and ran it through the program and the resulting CD-R plays in my Dreamcast. Every media file works as simply as that.

I have been able to watch anything on the Dreamcast fine, I mostly use 3200. The higher quality your source media is the better actually. Video2DreamcastDisc handles all the conversions for you, thats the whole point.

Everything is watchable to me, I've watched movies just for the fun of it with Video2DreamcastDiscs as well as some Anime series and it was fine with my TV.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#46 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 am

Yes 3200. is under hardware spec for a mil cd so it should work with out a problem..

3200= 400kb/sec

Real gdrom disk would be 600kb/sec that will not run on cdr

DreamcastFreak2004
shadow

Post#47 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:35 pm

hey guys so anyways i was trying to mess around with the video2dreamcastdisc program and whatever i try on a emulator or real hardware it just gives me a black screen. IDK what to do anymore, so can you help me please.

TheSegaGuy
shadow

Post#48 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:11 am

I apologise for bumping a really old thread, but has anyone managed to get Project Berkley running on a GDEMU?

I downloaded a GDI from archive dot org, but that wouldn’t boot. I then downloaded the version in this thread, and while it boots, it will randomly lock up (the GDEMU light doesn’t flicker and all other games on the SD work fine, so it’s not the console playing up).

I had this disc back in the day when I imported my Dreamcast from Japan with VF3tb and I’d love to revisit it again for purely nostalgic reasons.

Is there a known issue with the PB disc acting up on ODE’s?

Thanks!

Sixthview
noob

Post#49 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:08 pm

Like DreamcastFreak2004 said, I am having a similar issue. With this software and others. They never work on an emulator. However, with this V2DC, I actually gave an actual CDR a try and it works! Still though, it won't work in an emulator. Any thoughts as to why?

zgillet
noob

Post#50 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:42 pm

Hey, I've trying to use this, and my video files are actually getting LARGER. I would think 240p video shouldn't be almost 1.7 GB for an hour video... should I preprocess the files?

PS I've got the cdis to work in Demul, previous poster.