Gens4Dreams RC3: Shangri-La, 2/3/2023

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Gens4Dreams - Curated, Emulated Genesis/MD (using TapamN's Gens4all)

Post#32 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:55 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
aldair wrote:
Scanlines!

Just why :mrgreen:

Brings back childhood memories.

I guess more nitemares for me lol

aldair
Metallic

Post#33 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:55 pm

aldair
Metallic

Post#34 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 am

Ian Micheal wrote:I like the smoothing :)

I think you did not understand? VGA is horrible in 2D games on lcd monitors, it's just perfect on yellow crt monitors.

azel
fire

Post#36 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:39 am

Well I ended up getting and hacking a Wii tonight. That 240p output was hard to resist and the games look amazing, almost like playing on real hardware plus I can play GC with Nintendont (at 480i of course).

Still hope one day we see more 240p support on DC, playing Genesis/MegaDrive just seems right in a Sega console 8-)

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#37 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 am

It's funny how well it plays sonic 3 and knuckles.
We've got a small pc in the living room hooked up to our TV with RetroArch and a 8bitdo Bluetooth controller.
The amount of input lag (Bluetooth, TV post-processing) is insane compared to the Dreamcast being hooked up with my PC monitor.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#38 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:25 am

azel wrote:Well I ended up getting and hacking a Wii tonight. That 240p output was hard to resist and the games look amazing, almost like playing on real hardware plus I can play GC with Nintendont (at 480i of course).

Still hope one day we see more 240p support on DC, playing Genesis/MegaDrive just seems right in a Sega console 8-)

I really hope not cant stand 240p on the dreamcast Saturn yes but that's about it

azel
fire

Post#39 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
azel wrote:Well I ended up getting and hacking a Wii tonight. That 240p output was hard to resist and the games look amazing, almost like playing on real hardware plus I can play GC with Nintendont (at 480i of course).

I really hope not cant stand 240p on the dreamcast Saturn yes but that's about it

Man I really don't know what your issue is because how is having more options a bad thing? Such a weird stance to take, this doesn't mean 480p would disappear, it's like you want DC CRT users to be worse off playing some 2d games due to your personal preferences. Street Fighter 3 having 240p support does not personally effect you.

Anyways the more I mess around with both gen4all on DC and my newly acquired Wii I am thinking the issues with gens4all looking bad on CRT isn't the 480i output, it has some weird blur happening that is making the image look soft and bad. The difference between 480i and 240p isn't this significant.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#40 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 am

Looks great on vga :) I dont like 240p just my IMHO never have.. Any emulator project i do on dc will support vga 480p

I dont use crt's dont like scanlines and i dont have to..