GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

streeker
fragger

Re: GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#111 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:05 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:B is up right now but that's not how this game is was always little wierd upper left and right .. Can press b and use upper left or right makes it more precise I will looking into it I think only this game uses that..

Something to think of ..

Actually it's the X button right now, which equals "up". But yeah, in a way that almost already does the trick: pressing X and left/right simultaneously will have the character jump :) So the real question is: would it be possible to disable upper left and upper right on the D-pad for this game? That's actually what's inconvenient, since you often tend to jump by accident while trying to just WALK left or right...

Or maybe it would be best, if for instance an upper left input would register as just left. What do you think, Ian?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#112 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:55 pm

streeker wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:B is up right now but that's not how this game is was always little wierd upper left and right .. Can press b and use upper left or right makes it more precise I will looking into it I think only this game uses that..

Something to think of ..

Actually it's the X button right now, which equals "up". But yeah, in a way that almost already does the trick: pressing X and left/right simultaneously will have the character jump :) So the real question is: would it be possible to disable upper left and upper right on the D-pad for this game? That's actually what's inconvenient, since you often tend to jump by accident while trying to just WALK left or right...

Or maybe it would be best, if for instance an upper left input would register as just left. What do you think, Ian?

Sounds good i will look into it :) And i have the fixed Fmv intro to be much more..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#113 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:19 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Selfboot CDI CDDA

NO it dont work on Dreamshell Serial port

ian.jpg
ian.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#114 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:22 am

:lol:

gamesreup
killer

Post#115 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:34 am

Thanks Ian, really enjoyed playing this. It's awesome and the best I think i've seen this play to date. Thanks again my friend.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#116 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:30 am

gamesreup wrote:

Thanks Ian, really enjoyed playing this. It's awesome and the best I think i've seen this play to date. Thanks again my friend.

Thanks mate yeah the game stuggles on the real amiga since it's an atari st port only scrolls with no hardware scrolling or S chips in the amiga direct ST port..

16.6 jumps and game logic at 30 or 24fps really sick making to me I was not even going to put this out but it's as good as you
could do with out redoing the whole game..

Megadrive and snes version are bugged they over clock the whole game making the game logic run too fast and not really even play-able

Full proper 60fps on redream and demul dc emulators..

On dc hardware more like 30fps still overlocking the scrolling code so not 100% smooth on Dc hardware takes longer then dc emulator to render the frame..

Glad the user that requested it likes it some little things to do they wanted to complete it.. Rock hard game so it's pretty big challange..

Cheers.. The idea of this project is to enhance amiga games with things they could never have on the real hardware or pc emulator..

Like sound effects and music at the same time with no slow down caused by the music CDDA has zero impact on dc speed or cpu time..

Working on better disk change level with music.. But lot of amiga games only had few tunes for the whole game not all but having music and sfx together and changing controls like X= up or jump on other games to make them more console freindy is the goal..

streeker
fragger

Post#117 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:44 pm

@gamesrup: to be honest, the way you are presenting this port via Redream... that's even more off than the SNES and Genesis ports, which already run wayyyyyyyy too fast! The whole idea of this request was to finally have a console port, that actually would be playable ;) So yeah, I guess DC hardware is the way to go for this one. Not emulators.

@Ian Michael: in the meantime I have noticed, that the SFX pitch of your port sounds slower than in the original Amiga version. Is this related to the common weakness of the DC concerning sound or sound emulation? Or is this something that you could possibly fix? And once again: thanks for all the hard work on this project!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#118 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:11 pm

streeker wrote:@gamesrup: to be honest, the way you are presenting this port via Redream... that's even more off than the SNES and Genesis ports, which already run wayyyyyyyy too fast! The whole idea of this request was to finally have a console port, that actually would be playable ;) So yeah, I guess DC hardware is the way to go for this one. Not emulators.

@Ian Michael: in the meantime I have noticed, that the SFX pitch of your port sounds slower than in the original Amiga version. Is this related to the common weakness of the DC concerning sound or sound emulation? Or is this something that you could possibly fix? And once again: thanks for all the hard work on this project!

I noticed this as well i could look at fixing that as well.. pretty Strange sample rate seems to be slowing the pitch..

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Re: ROAD RASH AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#119 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:59 pm

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Thing is the readme with ussloader has no info to me how to use it at all so I leave that to you lol

you have already the harder part, updating that rabbit hole uae4all code lmao

if can be useful, i'm mostly proceeding in this way (for the autoboot) :
- checking if the Amiga game use the extra memory (scanning also in different cracks, originals if in ados format, etc)
- checking if it use also the external floppy drives (same added scanning as previous point)

all the games that match both points are the better candidate to start from
- i set up winuae on pc, first setting it to emulate an A500+ ,kickstart 2.0 ,1.5MB chip, and two or three drives enabled
- i play a bit in the game, in mode to preload something
- i save the state in winuae, that generate an .uss compressed file
- if the uss file is bigger than 400/450 KB (almost 900 KB uncompressed), it will not work reloaded via uae4all 2MB Dreamcast
- any state under that size should be ok
- to make work that bigger (in size) states, require to setup again winuae for an A500+ ,ks2.0, 1 MB chip, and make a new savestate

after this first step, you need to create an empty .adf disk, and put into the ussload file and the .uss filestate
- to reach to copy the files into the disk, i use the winuae savestate directory as a virtual hard disk (mounting it during the set up), and then i use the workbench disk or the Directory OPUS disk, to use the standard dos commands (dir, copy)

the final step is to add a startup-sequence in the disk, and adding the single line "ussload 'namefile'.uss nowait" into

---
hope it could be somewhat useful :)

would a tutorial video be possible? :)

I don't understand the first 2 parts and the last 3-4 parts.

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: ROAD RASH AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#120 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:48 pm

ShindouGo wrote:would a tutorial video be possible? :)

I don't understand the first 2 parts and the last 3-4 parts.

Hi, sorry i'm not great in doing videos
btw i could make a tutorial thread with some pics, with the easiest examples possible, as real games

i can also share an adf with the ussload + startup-sequence already inside
so you'll need to put inside just the .uss state