GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

streeker
fragger

Re: International Karate Plus IK+ AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#101 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:07 pm

Uhmmm, so what's the state of porting "Gods" then? Did you abandon the project, Ian? I read, that it's not so easy to improve scrolling the way you'd like it, right? If that's the case, why don't you just release the game as it was originally on the AMIGA (with 16,66 fps)? I mean, there is no inevitable NEED to create an improved version. The game as it was would be just fine, in my opinion. You would still be my hero :)

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: International Karate Plus IK+ AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#102 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
streeker wrote:16,66 fps sound weird, indeed. Still, what's been seen in the video is at least playable (and beatable) - not like the SNES and GEN versions.

video you seen is 100% fullspeed the game runs at 15fps to 20fps rendering scrolling at 16.6 every third frame
Atari st scrolling for that game it's a direct port whats in the video is exactly how it runs on real hardware..

It only scrolls every 3rd frame it's why on the snes or megadrive it's too fast and breaks the games..

Lead platform or og game is atari st which does not have smooth scrolling

Have watched this 2018 Remastered version from Bitbrothers ? (min 38:10 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2IKzx41WE)
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#103 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:01 pm

streeker wrote:Uhmmm, so what's the state of porting "Gods" then? Did you abandon the project, Ian? I read, that it's not so easy to improve scrolling the way you'd like it, right? If that's the case, why don't you just release the game as it was originally on the AMIGA (with 16,66 fps)? I mean, there is no inevitable NEED to create an improved version. The game as it was would be just fine, in my opinion. You would still be my hero :)

I completed it but was amazing really how bad the game runs on the amiga.. I get it out with that warning :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#105 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:38 am

GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST

3d-box.png
3d-box.png (164.32 KiB) Viewed 3332 times

Long time coming but the game runs so badly on the og machine it fustrated me..
I have it running better then it does on the amiga ..

Auto CDDA no bios for the amiga all auto and You would Not know it's not a native port
3d-box.png
3d-box.png (164.32 KiB) Viewed 3332 times

Full HD style fmv recreation into
9 track pc roland cdda music auto change on disk loading

100% fixed framerate upgrade on Demul and redream 60fps
Slower on real hardware but faster then a real amiga..

No longer scrolls only at 16fps like OG amiga..
Features
==========================
--Custom Gdemu image
-- Custom IP Bin And logo
--Fantasy console bios intro
--Production FMV tribute
--9 track Pc roland sound track
--Bug fix net
--No led
--Fast loading USS loader kremiso conversion :)

Roland pc sound track
Password saving

Skip fmv at any time slight bug repete at end of fmv just press start..

Version one

Selfboot CDI CDDA

NO it dont work on Dreamshell Serial port

Download
Attachments
GODS.png

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: GODS AMIGA CD 16 FOR DREAMCAST AMIGA CD16 COLLECTION FMV FULL STEREO CD SOUND TRACK

Post#106 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:55 am

I tried it and I confess I didn't like it, hope with this new version I will be luckier :)

streeker
fragger

Post#107 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:05 am

Ian Micheal wrote:

Yesssssssss. You did it! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Now I'm young again ;)
With the highly improved framerate and the addition of the Roland music this "Dreamcast port" is already among the very best versions of this classic out there.

I've been testing it for some time now and it runs very well.
Some bug reports though:
- On starting the game for the first time in level 1 our hero automatically goes to the left and jumps like crazy. This only occurs if the game is started from the scratch, not if you start again after a Game Over.
- There's some minor flickering in the inventory.

Some suggestions / wishful thinking:
- Would it be possible the disable the emulators start button and L-trigger functionality? It's a little distracting, I have to admit.
- I know this is how the controls were designed for the Amiga, but... would you somehow be able to assaign jumping to the B-button instead of upper left or upper right on the D-pad? I'd imagine this would improve playability a lot with the DC's standard controller.

Anyways, thanks again!
Last edited by streeker on Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#108 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:10 am

i'm glad you have reached in this one Ian :)

the game itself worth to be played imo, each level has tons of traps and secrets
definitely another not easy one

note that the 4 worlds passwords are already unlocked, so each world can be freely tested at start

one less in your pipeline :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#109 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:14 am

streeker wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Yesssssssss. You did it! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Now I'm young again ;)
With the highly improved framerate and the addition of the Roland music this "Dreamcast port" is already among the very best versions of this classic out there.

I've been testing it for some time now and it runs very well.
Some bug reports though:
- On starting the game for the first time in level 1 our hero automatically goes to the left and jumps like crazy. This only occurs if the game is started from the scratch, not if you start again after a Game Over.

Some suggestions / wishful thinking:
- Would it be possible the disable the emulators start button and L-trigger functionality? It's a little distracting, I have to admit.
- I know this is how the controls were designed for the Amiga, but... would you somehow be able to assaign jumping to the B-button instead of upper left or upper right on the D-pad? I'd imagine this would improve playability a lot with the DC's standard controller.

Anyways, thanks again!

Some bug reports though:

Yeah Strange bug with the jumping left and right at the start I have notice if your on the start game password if you just press up and down a
Few times it does not do it before starting the first time.. Flicker in the inventory i cant fix ..

Anyways, thanks again!

Yes it be possible for me to disable start and L trigger there not needed here B is up right now but that's not how this game is was always little wierd upper left and right .. Can press b and use upper left or right makes it more precise I will looking into it I think only this game uses that..

Something to think of ..

Took a while to get to since i was doing the demo disk for sega powered then got covid again..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#110 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:19 am

kremiso wrote:i'm glad you have reached in this one Ian :)

the game itself worth to be played imo, each level has tons of traps and secrets
definitely another not easy one

note that the 4 worlds passwords are already unlocked, so each world can be freely tested at start

one less in your pipeline :)

That's right forgot it's been a while lol.. Little rough with something but Feedback from the requested user is a good thing..

Thanks to your wonderful conversion notice on this you never see the amiga start screen or workbench i found a bug that lets me not show it..

Cdda will change with disk access that does not mean it change perfect for each level but it does bring a random ness to the track shuffle..

Almost too fast on dc emulators redream and demul emulator has to support double buffer Nulldc does not as you know..
https://streamable.com/mhfq3j level 2

CONTROLS

Code: Select all

Your actions are totally controlled by the joystick.

Joystick Movement       Platforms               Ladders

Up                      Face Wall               Climb
        Down                    Crouch                  Descend
        Left                    Walk Left               N/A
        Right                   Walk Right              N/A
        Up Left                 Jump Left               Jump Off
        Up Right                Jump Right              Jump Off
        Down Left               N/A                     Get Off
        Down Right              N/A                     Get Off
        Fire                    Fire                    N/A

INVENTORY
You may carry three objects in your inventory.

PICK UP OBJECT
1. Stand by object and crouch
2. Fire to reveal inventory
3. Select empty box then stand up (Keep 'down' held plus fire)

DROP OBJECT
1. Crouch and fire
2. Select object to drop
3. Stand up

SWITCH, LEVER OR BUTTON
1. Face Switch, Lever or Button
2. Press Fire