GDEMU/CDR AMIGA AUTOPORT COLLECTION ASB UAE4all 4.0

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GDEMU/CDR AMIGA AUTOPORT COLLECTION ASB UAE4all 4.0

Post#31 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:38 am

kremiso wrote:
DC-One wrote:Hey, nice work. Could you do a UFO Enemy Unknown Version? :P

ouch, this is a 5 disks game, maybe a non autoboot version could be made
i mean shortening some boot loading if possible

Yeah you spend more time loading then playing lol not sure any one would enjoy it lol

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#32 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 am

Ian Micheal wrote:on work bench you can install lha archive unpacker and install to ram disk lha archives native on amiga.. This can be done on 3.5 2mb version i have done it.. Maybe i do a video to show this.. but with work bench on uae4all 3.5 menu version you can run work bench then install apps and games in a ram disk and run them .. lha program to install on work bench with the ram disk it acts like HDD to do this.. course when you turn it off it's gone.. but it's possible .. This is not for autoboot which was for easy use for people and to create auto like ports for dreamcast.. LHA is normal to use on amiga with work bench and the unpacker to install programs. not on the windows side..

I understand, thanks bud.

ransom
fire

Post#34 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi there Ian,

Back again, I recall I asked you a while back.. But i'd like to ask again if I may...

1. Can you remove the DF0 LED's from the emulator.. If not can you please tell me how I can tinker with the emulator settings myself.. I extracted the CDI with "GD-ROM Explorer.exe" which works but I'm not sure where the emulator settings are stored?

2. Where can I find the settings for FrameSkip? I tried Turrican with ReDream Emulator on PC and it seems to be jerky and possibly Frameskip is enabled?

3. When making your own games I used "AMIGA[AUTOPORT[UAE4all]4.0][HWBLIT][3DISK].rar" dumped IK+ ADF insde the folder and renamed it to Disk1.adf, at the same time removed Disk 2 & 3 adf's from the autoport folder. I then made a CDI with Boot Dreams, but the game seems to crash on loading screen?

4. Is ECS the only setting this emulator can run? Can I autoboot into A1200 with 2MB Chip and 4MB Fast? I have 1000's of self created Amiga individual autobooting game HDF's which work perfect with A1200 config. I was hoping I can convert my game HDF's into DC Game packages which would perform way better then ADF's.

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you soon
ransom

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#35 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 pm

yes i can remove the led lights you cant tinker with the settings it's hard coded.. you can get the amiga collection and then tinker with it but not with this.
2 frameskip is max of 1 it's controlled by the sound throttle which means with out it there is no sound or it skips all the time and becomes useless.
3 not all games work on every set there is no why to remove the other 2 disks only one dump of the ik+ works it's included on the amiga collection.. all your doing by removed the other disks causes a memory leak.. it needs the 3 disks there auto loaded on start up..

Lucky i took away the debug if disk 2 and 3 is not found reboot..

4 ECS amiga 500 only NO HDF is possible NO amiga 1200 support this sh4 asm core only support amiga 500 that's it..

Dreamcast is pushed 100% cpu time doing the above there is no way to have the more advanced chipset where also pushed using all ram right now the emulator use 10mb of ram on start up.. Amiga 500 2mb is max for the code base no extend or fast ram.. All ram is the same speed on this the sh4 asm core does not support it..

I profile each build to get what the dc can do there is no better setting i do it by fact not by eye.. fullspeed is not possbile with out frameskip of 1 auto.. SO fullspeed is not possible even with 3 months optimizing .. We have no more cpu time left it's cpu bound..

Sorry if this not to your liking..

Speed is 50fps pal most amiga games hit between 10fps and 25 on real hardware ..

Nothing i can do about it other then get it close.

Want to tinker and try setting get the amiga collection i did with the menu and such .. IK+ is included and is working this emulator only works certain sets..

Amiga 500 only frameskip auto max 1 throttled by sound.. Again these are alpha builds all of them not final.. I'm still optimizing things. there play-able and very close to amiga 500 pal at the time..

Thanks for your interest..

I will keep the led's for now so people can see it has not just crashed most people would not know to wait up to 2 mins looking at black screen with out indicator to show progress..

I told you this before this is alpha we need the lights ussloader version are very fast loading way faster then a real amiga kremiso does those conversion when we get proper working set of classic game we will not be doing every game .. Amiga collection of which you have has every working game then runs between 80 and 95% there is no better and has all the tinker you could do including screen side and placement use the correct build from the dcmc menu..

Redream is not a dreamcast sh4 asm optimizing does not function on it.. hardware is what these are made for only not dc emulators..

I have fixed sound compared to the og build in 2012 made lots of games that never worked before work fixed screen postion and got speed up by 15% on every game.. But we have a 200mhz cpu sound takes 31% of it every cycle.. what this is doing right now is about the max. Yes auto frameskip 1 it can not work with out it because it's linked to the sound .. no point turning it off the sound will not function.. throttle by sound..

ransom
fire

Post#36 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:44 am

OK, I spent a few hours tinkering and decided to create 50 new Amiga games for Dreamcast using your autoport folder

All these games are tested with ReDream emulator on PC in 4K Res and they all work..

Hope these come in handy to Amiga Fans with DC's

Aaargh!.cdi
Advantage Tennis.cdi
Arkanoid - Revenge of Doh.cdi
Arkanoid.cdi
Army Moves.cdi
Atomic Robo-Kid.cdi
Barbarian - The Ultimate Warrior.cdi
Batman - The Caped Crusader.cdi
Batman Returns.cdi
Cabal.cdi
Chuck Rock 2 - Son of Chuck.cdi
Dark Angel.cdi
Death Trap.cdi
Dogs of War.cdi
Dragon Breed.cdi
E-Swat - Cyber Police.cdi
Fire and Brimstone.cdi
Fire Force.cdi
Great Giana Sisters, The.cdi
Last Ninja 2.cdi
Lethal Weapon.cdi
Lost Patrol, The.cdi
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge.cdi
Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.cdi
Magic Pockets.cdi
Maniac Mansion.cdi
Menace.cdi
Persian Gulf Inferno, The.cdi
PP Hammer and His Pneumatic Hammer.cdi
Red Heat.cdi
RoboCop.cdi
Rolling Thunder.cdi
R-Type II.cdi
R-Type.cdi
Shadow Dancer.cdi
Stunt Car Racer.cdi
Super Cars II.cdi
Switchblade II.cdi
Swiv.cdi
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day.cdi
Terminator 2 - The Arcade Game.cdi
Thunder Boy.cdi
Titus the Fox - To Marrakech and Back.cdi
Toki.cdi
Turrican 3.cdi
Turrican II - The Final Fight.cdi
Wizball.cdi
Xenon 2 - Megablast.cdi
Xenon.cdi
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.cdi

https://mega.nz/file/hJlxBALK#unji-hTwl ... irGyMJEtcE

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#37 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 am

Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#38 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am

ransom wrote:OK, I spent a few hours tinkering and decided to create 50 new Amiga games for Dreamcast using your autoport folder

All these games are tested with ReDream emulator on PC in 4K Res and they all work..

Hope these come in handy to Amiga Fans with DC's

Aaargh!.cdi
Advantage Tennis.cdi
Arkanoid - Revenge of Doh.cdi
Arkanoid.cdi
Army Moves.cdi
Atomic Robo-Kid.cdi
Barbarian - The Ultimate Warrior.cdi
Batman - The Caped Crusader.cdi
Batman Returns.cdi
Cabal.cdi
Chuck Rock 2 - Son of Chuck.cdi
Dark Angel.cdi
Death Trap.cdi
Dogs of War.cdi
Dragon Breed.cdi
E-Swat - Cyber Police.cdi
Fire and Brimstone.cdi
Fire Force.cdi
Great Giana Sisters, The.cdi
Last Ninja 2.cdi
Lethal Weapon.cdi
Lost Patrol, The.cdi
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge.cdi
Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.cdi
Magic Pockets.cdi
Maniac Mansion.cdi
Menace.cdi
Persian Gulf Inferno, The.cdi
PP Hammer and His Pneumatic Hammer.cdi
Red Heat.cdi
RoboCop.cdi
Rolling Thunder.cdi
R-Type II.cdi
R-Type.cdi
Shadow Dancer.cdi
Stunt Car Racer.cdi
Super Cars II.cdi
Switchblade II.cdi
Swiv.cdi
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day.cdi
Terminator 2 - The Arcade Game.cdi
Thunder Boy.cdi
Titus the Fox - To Marrakech and Back.cdi
Toki.cdi
Turrican 3.cdi
Turrican II - The Final Fight.cdi
Wizball.cdi
Xenon 2 - Megablast.cdi
Xenon.cdi
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.cdi

https://mega.nz/file/hJlxBALK#unji-hTwl ... irGyMJEtcE

You found a lot of good working sets thank you.. not all are working on hardware sadly
First off thank you for your interest but there is a polish i want to these in this topic all must have custom gdemu image
be tested on hardware what works on redream does not mean it does on a real dreamcast
Also make custom build for each game to get the best speed using debug profiling..

These dont belong in this topic as there not tested on dreamcast hardware..

Warning lot of these are broken running on real hardware so please dont waste a cdr and test with gdemu

if you could remove rtype II as it's broken on this src base as soon as you enter the cave part..
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge.cdi is broken on hardware

That's the point of the topic only working on real hardware

I thank you for spending the hours and making them.. But all must be tested on real hardware before i post them..
Major thing here is you have not made a gdemu image for each but every one above has the turricain image..
wronggdemu image..png

0GDTEX.pvr has to be made for each game

0GDTEX.pvr
amiga2.png
amiga2.png (33.58 KiB) Viewed 4215 times
256x256 using winpvr the template is on the first page

Topic is for hardware tested with gdemu image and cover for each.. some of the above will be made in to amiga cd 16 with full stereo cd sound track and fmv with ussloader to cut disk swap and load times..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#39 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 am

Here we will post New Amiga auto port uae4all 4.0 auto ports with gdemu cover ip.bin tested on hardware
all these have 2mb of ram expansion 3 disk support new api render corrected screen size for most games
center improved mouse and keyboard support

Bugs problems and other emulations error can be present nothing is final if major problems are found i will update the games..

2 button support X for jump A for fire

Example
Turrican.jpg

Real size for gdemu
Turricanmini.png

New plain files with double blit rate SQ and DMA SDL_dreamhal compiled autoboot emulator 3disk support
AMIGA[AUTOPORT[UAE4all]4.0][HWBLIT][3DISK].rar

Template
amiga.png

AMIGA LIST
Turrican
https://mega.nz/file/emhmFAbY#XrsBX3lGYC-6QnWBpUEa79453kw8qjS2BHUzvw_KyVo

Code: Select all

Old 2011 blitter
OUTPUT:> 32x32 Blitter test
OUTPUT:>                           320x240  320x240  640x480  640x480
OUTPUT:>                           software hardware software hardware
OUTPUT:> Slow points (frames/sec): 0.208812 0.512426 0.109519 0.0647008
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec):  18.4027  32.5369  10.4247  8.19043
OUTPUT:>    Rect fill (rects/sec):   655.99   1316.2  351.799  347.737
OUTPUT:>  32x32 blits (blits/sec):  1364.42  1716.68  1317.47     1678
OUTPUT:> arch: shutting down kernel

Code: Select all

Ok done check this out Ian micheal
OUTPUT:> 32x32 Blitter test
OUTPUT:>                           320x240  320x240  640x480  640x480
OUTPUT:>                           software hardware software hardware
OUTPUT:> Slow points (frames/sec): 0.416558  1.02093 0.218603 0.128899
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec):   36.713  64.8101  20.7657  16.3192
OUTPUT:>    Rect fill (rects/sec):  1309.88  2603.94   701.13  693.063
OUTPUT:>  32x32 blits (blits/sec):  2719.79  3419.03  2622.28  3327.38
OUTPUT:> arch: shutting down kernel

old software what chui used on uae4all
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec): 18.4027 32.5369
New SQ to DMA
OUTPUT:> Fast points (frames/sec): 36.713 64.8101

This will speed up all my older projects 320x240 HW blit is double the speed of the old way of doing it

Hardware benchmark

Should be able to make your own and ip bin and cover for example This is demo of what you can do.

Pacmania ASB

gdemu cover
PacmaniaABSmini.jpg

fullsize
PacmaniaABS.jpg

3D box
pacmaina.png

Download
Pacmaina ASB v4.0

Parasol Stars: The Story of Rainbow Islands II

Gdemu cover
PS2ABSmini.png

full
PS2ABSmini.jpg

Download
Parasol starts Rainbow island II

Sensible World of Soccer '95-'96 AMIGA DREAMCAST ASB

Long load times but still nice
Warning need to use left and right trigger for speed boosting loading

Only for real amiga fans and fans of this game

gdemu
SOS96G.png

large
SOS96L.jpg

Download
SWOS96

PANG a request use auto super turbo boost to speed loading left and right trigger now 15% faster boost

Gdemu
pang256.png

Full
pang.jpg

PANG ASB 4.0

New TIny bubble bobble thanks to kremiso for the conversion

Video below gdemu image
Fast loading :)

ransom
fire

Post#40 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am

I have a real DC, but no gdemu I won't be wasting cds on tests...

Interesting to see why a game would work on emulator but not real DC? With the 1000s of retro conversions I've made across many different platforms its always the emulator fails over hardware...

I'll be making a few more if you don't want them posted then I won't bother posting them here.

Also the LED drive light creates a full horizontal black bar o the bottom of the screen which covers the lower part of the game display.

Games like Pacman 500, Ms Pacman 500 Deluxe Galaga fail to see the ship because of it.

Oh and I won't be making images. Just don't have the time... all I make is bpotable games that can boot with redream. If I can figure out a way to test on my real dc then I'll do all my tests on that.

If anyone wants to expand on my set and add game images be my guest.